Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess [GC Version]

[Image: 1531xe1.jpg]

Game Information:

Ever since the Spaceworld 2000 demo that showcased the graphic power of the Nintendo Gamecube, Zelda fans had been drooling to see more for the next Legend of Zelda title. The Spaceworld 2000 demo showcased a realistic look to both Link and Ganondorf, taking a graphical approach that was a step up from Ocarina of Time. After not hearing much of anything for the next year, Shigeru Miyamoto shocked the Zelda world by unveiling what would become known as The Wind Waker at Spaceworld 2001, and it took a drastically different route to the Zelda franchise, highlighting a cel-shaded cartoonish Link.

It wasn't until E3 2004 that the Zelda series would see the first glimpses of the next Legend of Zelda title for the Nintendo Gamecube, and this took on a visual look that more closely resembled adult Link from Ocarina of Time. It was met with overwhelmingly high praise from fans.

After years of development, Twilight Princess was delayed so that it would become a launch title for Nintendo's upcoming new console, the Nintendo Wii. During this process, the Nintendo Wii version of the game was given added motion controls, in which Link's sword was controlled by the swinging of the Nintendo Wiimote and Nunchuck, rather than the classic button control of previous Zelda titles.

The game released on the Nintendo Wii first in 2006 and on the Gamecube just weeks later in the various regions. Twilight Princess has since become the second highest Zelda game of all time with over 6.5million copies of the game shipped worldwide, second only to Ocarina of Time.

Recommended Build:

R6054

Recommended Settings:

(04-15-2011, 04:08 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Hey no problem

Well my specs is in my signature and here's the settings:

General:
- Enable dualcore (Yes)
- Enable idle skipping (Yes)
- Enable cheats (No)
- Framelimit (60)
- JIT recompiler (Yes)
- Lock threads to cores (No)
- DSPLLE on thread (No)

DSP:
- Enable HLE Audio (Yes)
- Enable DTK Music (Yes)
- Enable Audio Throttle (No)
- Audio Backend (Yes/DSound)
- Volume (100%)
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Settings if you want to use Direct3D9

Graphics(General):
- Keep aspect ratio (Auto)(Personal preference, doesn't really matter)
- Windowed (1280x1024)(Personal preference, doesn't really matter)
- Anti-aliasing (None)(Personal preference, doesn't really matter)
- Enable CPU -> EFB Access (Yes)
- Accurate Texture Cache (No, seems to not be needed)

Other:
- EFB Scaled Copy (Yes)

Rendering:
- Disable Fog (No)

Efb copy:
- Disable (No)
- Copy EFB to system Ram

Game properties (Right click on game):

- Enable dualcore (Yes)
- Enable idle skipping (Yes)
- Enable ZTP Speedhack (Newer revisions, not in 2.0)
- Rest unchecked

Wiki

Try checking up the Wiki before posting a question in this thread, it may be useful.

[Image: Midna_Small.png][Image: SkullKid_Small.png]
nice. Hm, is EFB to RAM really necessary? Isn't EFB to texture enough?
Some screenies would be nice. Some which show the good parts and some which show the issues would be perfect ^^
I'm looking for some. Wink
SVN's used and screenshots.
This was originally posted in the previous Twilight Princess thread

What are the best settings to play at or near full speed on my configuration, which is in my sig? Also, how can I play for more then 5 or 10 minutes without it crashing at random?

Update: Using D3D plugin and not a single crash so far, been playing over an hour. Done for tonight
I think that playing at full speed is almost impossible now...

Here you go with a shot of the 1st screen quarter blur Wink
Oh my Blurness!

And some wicked grass Tongue
Dont do drugs!

(i know, my jokes are cheesy Tongue)
Hmmmm i like cheese [homer mode]
Hmm, guys please post screen with any problem you find.

Also, I'm looking for some nice screenies to post in the media, didin't find nice ones so far. D:
My 2 screenies ain't sufficient? ;(
Also, the game doesn't seem to render some type of grass at all...

MarioMadness

haha Your grass looks scary, Its pointy Tongue