Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

imeltfaces

First of all im new to this so if i say anything stupid bare with me.

Just signed up to let u know that i got rid of the blur up the top left hand 1/4 of the screen, problem is though the way i did it was put on the "bleach versus crusade" hack, so u gotta sacrifice the zelda TP bloom hack in the properties.

I've only managed to do it on x64 r4642.

(also i dont seem to get any fps drop with the loss of the Zelda TP bloom hack, but i do have a high end pc so im not sure how much that factors in.)

EDIT: Some Screens.

http://img197.imageshack.us/img197/1631/gz2p011.png

http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/1671/gz2p012.png

http://img69.imageshack.us/img69/9752/gz2p013.png
I have black borders around minimap in OpenGL mode. Disabling enabling hacks, native resolution etc. didn't do any good, only Copy EFB to texture fixes it but than I get half fps. Using Orleans 4802. Any ideas about how to fix it?

[Image: 19778932.jpg]
Bleach vs Crusade definitely does the trick but really messes other things up like the Twilight Realm and various other places. Also, the bloom hack doesn't seem necessary in newer revisions as far as FPS go but it may help when you are in Hyrule field post Kakariko Village. FPS drop happens here because Hyrule Field is a large entity and as you unlock more areas, it seems like the game keeps them loaded all the time, thus rapage of FPS.
Guys, if you encounter a new issue, keep in mind to check old revisions. I recommend Orleans builds.

I'll update the new issues soon.

As many said, Zelda TP Bloom hack is not necessary anymore as many of us have a high-end PC's, so we will focus on the graphic bugs, along with the DSP plugin.

I tried some new Orleans build, the FPS was horrible, I checked my last download and used my old downloaded build. And the speed worked like a sharm. I'd just to say that newer builds aren't always that good, most of them get new issues.
And it disables the map Wink I have dug for the 4778 build and i get a FIFO error once the game loads the save...
Then play it from the start. ;D
technically runs great for me with dx9 full speed and looks good, but the stopping sound/music every few seconds is too annoying to really play this.
also mini map doesnt display correctly.

tested with r4830

are there any plans to improve the soundplugin? Or is this just as good as it gets? Coz from what i've seen so far the sound plugin is dolphins weakpoint :/
I got a workaround for game hangs at some place (kill me, but i do not remember who or where made it upTongue)
- save a state a few seconds before the crash
- turn the game off
- switch from JIT to Interpreter
- run game, load state
- endure through the crash point at about 3 FPS :p
- save state
- turn off game, switch back to JIT

It worked for me, because i got a crash after pwning Morpheel Wink
Pre-Light spirit cutscenes are horrible, 7 fps is all I get on those, and thats with the DX9 plugin and a barebones 4844, even with Lock Threads to Cores selected. Same with Faron Woods (Twilight) and even without LTC selected.
just made a few tests, when i uncheck "enable audio throttle" the stuttering in sound goes away. Still there is no music Sad

The minimap issues are coming from EFB scaled copy, when i disable it performance goes down but the minimap is fine. I guess without this option checked i will not have good fps later on coz it already slows a little down at the beginning scene.