Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
But it speeds up when moving to another map right ? Like when going to another dungeon etcetra...
Yes, in fact every single other area in game runs normal (even after goron mines), including large maps like snowpeak. The problem is exclusively limited to Hyrule Field.
The Hyrule Field slowdown might be a bug and not an issue with the vertex loaders and vertices as was originally thought. Unfortunately no one else has stepped up to test the actual problem by following the directions skid gave and provided any feedback regarding the issue.

The slowdown occurs even before beating the Goron Mines. Test following the directions I gave after freeing Kakariko Village from the twilight after beating the Forest Temple. The issue itself is very odd, there isn't anything else happening on screen that would be causing such a drastic slowdown, no additional vertices or geometry being loaded on screen.
I am pretty sure it is idle skiping issue.Unless the idle skip in config does not in fact refer to skiping idle cycles for the cpu,and Hyrule field is not the only place this happens some times just haveing the camra face a certain direction will 20% loss and i check my cpu and 20% will idle again,I would say this is a bug.A bug with idle skipping.Yes this Snap shot is in hyrule field but it is not the only place this is just where it is the worst.Does idle skip refer to skiping idle cyclesHuh[attachment=2664]
Dude, that has nothing to do with any slowdowns and is completely normal. Dolphin doesn't always use 100% CPU and even the developers stated that has no relation to any slowdowns or slowdown issues.

If you read up a bit and do a bit of research, you will see that is completely normal behavior.
(03-06-2010, 08:47 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Dude, that has nothing to do with any slowdowns and is completely normal. Dolphin doesn't always use 100% CPU and even the developers stated that has no relation to any slowdowns or slowdown issues.

If you read up a bit and do a bit of research, you will see that is completely normal behavior.

Ok,is there a way to force 100%cpu usage with out frame skip?I have tried setting a high priority on dolphin it did nothing,I set frame skip to 1 it will use 89%,on two it will 100% but frame skip is undesirable.

Cpu=E8500 Woledale 3.16 Ghz oc to 4.0 Ghz Dual core
Video=Geforce 9600 GSO 768 MB 575Mhz core
4 GIGS ram (Useing all 4 gigs)Vista Home Pre SP1 32bit
As I mentioned Dolphin doesn't always use all of the CPU, it really depends on the game. However just because Dolphin isn't using all of the CPU, doesn't mean that the emulator is running any slower. Even if Dolphin consumed 100% of the CPU, it would not make things any faster.

This doesn't really have any relation to idle skipping or Dolphin, but rather the way Windows distributes load across cores.
Using rv5186, it seems the quarter screen graphics bug issue is fixed, as I haven't been able to get the blurry quarter screen anymore. Like what ocean said earlier, I think you should note on the first post that enabling efb copy to texture in the directx plugin gives the greatest performance boost (at least for me, the boost was around 20% in slowdown areas). Hyrule field is still an issue, and the fps drops are pretty significant past the second Goron mines dungeon. I was running 98-100% on Hyrule field the first time I entered it, but only 50% after beating the second dungeon. Seems like the frame drop is going to be more severe as the game progresses and new areas are unlocked on the map.
Why the fonts are screwed ? :X
hey guys, i have followed the tipps here and change from openGL to dx9 and get awesome 20 fps in large areas. but now i have the problem that the dx9 plugin causes some "micro" lags, dont know how to describe best.

the framerate is still at 20 but it isn't really flowing. if you cant follow upload a video^^

anyone else have this effect?