Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-16-2010, 11:19 PM)bugmenot Wrote: [ -> ]hey guys, i have followed the tipps here and change from openGL to dx9 and get awesome 20 fps in large areas. but now i have the problem that the dx9 plugin causes some "micro" lags, dont know how to describe best.

the framerate is still at 20 but it isn't really flowing. if you cant follow upload a video^^

anyone else have this effect?

Micro lags or stutter could be a flaw from using SLI or CF so if you are using more than 1 Graphics Card that could be the reason otherwise I don't.
i dont have both o.O

and forgot to say: i use svn 5110

edit: ok, its maybe a general problem with the dx9 plugin, other games stuttering too
I was playing till beat mines and went to hyrule castle market as wolf, then gave up, backed saves and decided to wait. First slowdown was in forest, then in first hyrule field area -> to village was actually fine, village and mines were ok too, but then all hyrule field AND surroundings went slow as hell. All surroundings included other small areas around H. field that maybe are part of it but on map are under different name, like all the way to north to castle market. I also found that for example in castle market I got normally +- full speed, but changing to scent tracking made FPS down a lot, maybe half speed. In areas where I already had about half speed with scent tracking as wolf it was even more, probably 1/3-1/4 of full speed. But I had not a single crash and that was NTSC GC version. R5186 x64.

EDIT: helped only for that wolf sense, hyrule still slow as hell
it works but sound is crappy (music disappears)
i'll wait till devs fix this issue
(03-12-2010, 11:14 PM)hungyzerglin Wrote: [ -> ]Using rv5186, it seems the quarter screen graphics bug issue is fixed, as I haven't been able to get the blurry quarter screen anymore. Like what ocean said earlier, I think you should note on the first post that enabling efb copy to texture in the directx plugin gives the greatest performance boost (at least for me, the boost was around 20% in slowdown areas). Hyrule field is still an issue, and the fps drops are pretty significant past the second Goron mines dungeon. I was running 98-100% on Hyrule field the first time I entered it, but only 50% after beating the second dungeon. Seems like the frame drop is going to be more severe as the game progresses and new areas are unlocked on the map.

It's less visible but not resolved still haven't got any answers for some experts why is that and if they know about the problem.
OMG I should have know. My biggest slowdowns were due to Safe texture cache set to "safe". If set to "Normal" I get more than DOUBLE speed. I'll see how is hyrule field later as I cannot go there now. But with senses ON as wolf and "Safe" STC I got around 12fps only, yet full 30fps if set to "normal"(in castle market)! r5186 x64 At least I shouldn't have slowdowns due to wolf senses ON anymore. Difference between "safe" and "normal" is huge, I even got half speed in new super mario bros in undergrounds due to it.

PredatorRX

I'm not too sure if somebody has posted this yet.
I found out with a bit of trial and error that the blurry corner glitch is caused by the rendering of the game's mini-map.
To fix this problem you have to turn off safe texture cache and turn on EFB Copy to Texture.
Your map will have no color and will be difficult to see in some areas but the blurry corner glitch will be fixed.

On a side note, I also noticed that the Twilight Princess Bloom Hack causes the mini-map to disappear completely. What exactly is the point of this hack?
I believe back in the day this game had some rendering issues, the hack was meant as a temporary solution to these rendering issues. Since those issues have long been fixed it isn't needed anymore, I just think the developers haven't bothered removing it from the SVN. The hack actually works for few other games such as Sonic and the Black Knight, Sonic Unleashed, and Sonic and the Secret of the Rings so removing this hack from the SVN might not be the best choice until these rendering issues are actually fixed.
I told you there were idle skip issues.

(DSPLLE - idleskip-ing improved a little (it still fails totaly for zelda type
games (exp7)) Rev5220
I wasn't referring to the DSP though, my post was in response to the member asking about the bloom hack.

Are you Xtra.Krazzy btw, cause he was the one who told me that.