Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(10-14-2010, 12:57 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Navigate to your dolphin directory. Go to the User folder. Copy the GC, Wii, and StateSaves folders to somewhere. Then after you extract the new revision just copy the contents of those folders into the same folders in the new revision.

Didn't work, it doesn't see a savestate or see any memory on the card. I moved from 6200 to 2.0.
Tells me it can't load state from other revisions, and nothing appears when I load a normal save.
(10-14-2010, 01:22 PM)Ivoryhammer Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't work, it doesn't see a savestate or see any memory on the card. I moved from 6200 to 2.0.
Tells me it can't load state from other revisions, and nothing appears when I load a normal save.

NaturalViolence: Some things you do during the game can cause errors to appear. This is very noticeable in the newer revisions. At some point, the errors will pile up until the game crashes.

NaturalViolence missed one important thing.

First, load the game. Then the game will prompt you to "create" a file. Say yes and once the game does so, immediately close the Dolphin program.

Next, copy zeldaTp.dat from User/Wii/title/00010000/525a4445/data/ to the new location. Windows will ask if you want to overwrite the file or not. Choose yes. This is assuming data from that file is not lost nor corrupted.

Then load the game again and you should see the save files intact.

You can download the revisions from this site: http://www.xtemu.com/forum/files/categor...vn-builds/

(10-14-2010, 02:23 PM)gaiachaos Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-14-2010, 01:22 PM)Ivoryhammer Wrote: [ -> ]Didn't work, it doesn't see a savestate or see any memory on the card. I moved from 6200 to 2.0.

NaturalViolence: Some things you do during the game can cause errors to appear. This is very noticeable in the newer revisions. At some point, the errors will pile up until the game crashes.

NaturalViolence missed one important thing.

First, load the game. Then the game will prompt you to "create" a file. Say yes and once the game does so, immediately close the Dolphin program.

Next, copy zeldaTp.dat from User/Wii/title/00010000/525a4445/data/ to the new location. Windows will ask if you want to overwrite the file or not. Choose yes. This is assuming data from that file is not lost nor corrupted.

Then load the game again and you should see the save files intact.

You can download the revisions from this site: http://www.xtemu.com/forum/files/categor...vn-builds/

Erm, this is for the GC, not Wii.
Crap, my bad. But the process should be similar. Unless you tried everything?

(10-14-2010, 03:53 PM)gaiachaos Wrote: [ -> ]Crap, my bad. But the process should be similar. Unless you tried everything?

Yeah I tried that, to see if I could figure out what you were saying. I deleted all the memory stuff for 2.0, then put the memory from GC from 6200 on copy, I told the game to make a new file, then exited, then put the copied memory into the 2.0 folder, replaced it, still didn't work. Honestly, you'd think they'd make this easier to do, with all the updates they make to it.

Use only revision 6xxx. That will isolate unnecessary problems.

EDIT: This is starting to ring a bell. I believe you need to copy some other files. I can't remember what they were.
Man, transferring the GC save file and save states are as simple as sleeping. Just copy two folders : GC and savestate and replace them with the one present in new revision's library. I don't think any difficulty in this.

Or you can edit the config. In config, choose GameCube tab and in the option Slot A, look for [...] button. Browse for your memory card file in the previous revision's directory, most probably named as MemoryCardA.USA.raw or MemoryCardA.EUR.raw, depending upon your version.

And the last way is to open Memcard manager. Open your recent file and older file, transfer data and you are done.

You can ask for screens if required.
(10-14-2010, 06:33 PM)Arpit Wrote: [ -> ]Man, transferring the GC save file and save states are as simple as sleeping. Just copy two folders : GC and savestate and replace them with the one present in new revision's library. I don't think any difficulty in this.

Or you can edit the config. In config, choose GameCube tab and in the option Slot A, look for [...] button. Browse for your memory card file in the previous revision's directory, most probably named as MemoryCardA.USA.raw or MemoryCardA.EUR.raw, depending upon your version.

And the last way is to open Memcard manager. Open your recent file and older file, transfer data and you are done.

You can ask for screens if required.

None of these things work though, it tells me the memory cards are corrupted, and need to be reformatted, or that there's nothing on there at all.

I converted my TP memory card into a .gci, and tried using the memcard manager to put the new memory card into the new revision I'm using, I run the game now, and guess what? It says the memory card is corrupted.
@IvoryHammer

Try copying and pasting your whole user folder into the new svn...that mite work...it will normally work for me...dont do anything wit the memory card...but just copy and paste the whole user folder into dolphin.

Thats what I always do and it always transfers smoothly and I always still hav a backup in my old svns Tongue
(10-15-2010, 02:40 AM)hansenderek Wrote: [ -> ]@IvoryHammer

Try copying and pasting your whole user folder into the new svn...that mite work...it will normally work for me...dont do anything wit the memory card...but just copy and paste the whole user folder into dolphin.

Thats what I always do and it always transfers smoothly and I always still hav a backup in my old svns Tongue

That seemed to mess some things up, it can't find the Dx9 plugin anymore, and when I load a rom, it tells me "Error loading: Can't find file" and then it crashes.