Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Where it says

Quote:- The quarter of the screen blurred with EFB to RAM (use EFB to texture to fix).

Now that I think about it that should be changed to

Quote:- The quarter of the screen blurred with EFB to RAM (use EFB to texture and scaled efb copy to fix).

Also you should add some screenshots to make it look awesome and show off some of the problems like the screwed and grass and bluriness.
Well, I think everybody knows how the issues are, since they've existed for long now. :x
What about new people? Plus it makes it look nice. If you don't want to do it that's fine....just suggesting it is all.
What?? New people??

bruto123

still has problem on map display
Quote:still has problem on map display

Use efb copy to ram to fix that, and turn off safe texture cache if you have it on. It's in the first post.

Edit: Huh, I noticed the first post doesn't have enable dual-core listed. I wonder if that was on purpose since some people have single core cpus.
(04-15-2010, 10:26 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Edit: Huh, I noticed the first post doesn't have enable dual-core listed. I wonder if that was on purpose since some people have single core cpus.

At the beginning Dolphin didn't boot Zelda Twilight Princess if you enabled Dual core option. That's why Tongue

UpsilonCrux

Hi guys, my first post here, seems like a nice community going on here.
First things first, great job team Dolphin!

So, Ive been reading through this thread to see if I could fix the roblem I am having.

I am trying to play Twilight Princess (GC version), but I am having a similar issue to many users here; the minimap, and top left of the screen issue.
I have tried all recommended settings from the first post and throughout, actually, I think Ive tried all combinations of settings and hacks etc, but I cant strike a balance. I can get the top left blurriness fixed (by using the Bleach hack), but this removes the map entirely, or I can have a perfectly working map with the blurred/obscured portion of the screen.
The strange thing is, when I first started messing around with settings I managed to get it working with the transparent map and no blurring, but then I changed some settings while I was ingame and the blurring came back and since then I cannot get it fixed.
Also, I am loading savestates to check the ingame results of my settings, this should be ok right? Or should I start a new game when I change settings? It hasnt mattered with other games, but I thought I'd ask.
So, here are some annotated screenies

My settings;
[Image: settings.jpg]

Ingame with EFB > Texture
[Image: efbtotexture.png]

Ingame with EFB > RAM
[Image: efbtoram.png]

Ingame with EFB > RAM and Bleach hack enabled
[Image: efbtorambleachhack.png]

I am usin the 2.0 RC of Dolphin, Windows 64bit version.

I am running Windows 7 Ultimate 64
on an Intel Core2 Quad Q6600 @ 2.40 Ghz
with 4GB RAM
GeForce 8800GTS

Thanks in advance, any help would be greatly appreciated.
Quote:I am trying to play Twilight Princess (GC version), but I am having a similar issue to many users here; the minimap, and top left of the screen issue.
I have tried all recommended settings from the first post and throughout, actually, I think Ive tried all combinations of settings and hacks etc, but I cant strike a balance. I can get the top left blurriness fixed (by using the Bleach hack), but this removes the map entirely, or I can have a perfectly working map with the blurred/obscured portion of the screen.
The strange thing is, when I first started messing around with settings I managed to get it working with the transparent map and no blurring, but then I changed some settings while I was ingame and the blurring came back and since then I cannot get it fixed.
Also, I am loading savestates to check the ingame results of my settings, this should be ok right? Or should I start a new game when I change settings? It hasnt mattered with other games, but I thought I'd ask.
So, here are some annotated screenies

First off, you have to understand it is impossible to have everything working. You have to make a choice, do you want the map working or do you want to get rid of the "bluriness"? And no it does not matter if you use savestates, a couple of settings like v-sync require a game restart to take effect but you are only changing one thing that requires a game restart to take effect, projection hacks.

I did a great post on this somewhere, let me go dig it up and repost it here.

Quote:Only three methods exist that I know of to fix that issue:
1. Use the native resolution and aspect ratio (640 x 480 and 4:3)
2. Use the bleach vs. crusade hack (causes all sorts of problems including the map not displaying)
3. Use copy efb to texture with efb scaled copy and turn off safe texture cache, xfb, and real xfb (causes a discolored map)

The issue is caused by the efb being copied at the native resolution rather than the selected resolution. By making sure that the native resolution and selected resolution are the same that eliminates the problem. Alternatively a hack has been introduced that allows the efb resolution to be scaled to the proper resolution but the hack will only work if the efb is being copied as a texture, if the efb is being copied to ram it MUST be copied at the native resolution. Bleach vs. crusade hack causes the target projection overlay to be set behind the rendered frame, this will fix the issue but will also remove anything else that relied on projection overlay.

This was a post I did a while back regarding how to fix the "bluriness". If you want a working map and don't care about the bluriness then use efb to ram with no projection hack. Anything else you want to know?

Vergiliops

Hi.

The best config is that on the firts page of the topic?
Thanks!