Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By website do you mean the forum? Just upload it to a server and provide the link.
(10-13-2010, 09:03 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]By website do you mean the forum? Just upload it to a server and provide the link.

Yeah I mean the forum, and I don't know how to do that.
Use the old revisions. The recent ones are crap and bloated with errors --- I'm saying this because one of my friends is a proficient programmer AND software engineer and claims he could do a lot better. Bold claim, but whatever, that was what he said.

You can try revision 5981. You can check my youtube videos for verification. No crashes occurred at any point of the game.
Yes, this is a good solution. Just try some previous revs. I myself don't encounter these crashes, but if ever does, I switch to previous builds for some time.

Actually, in order to make builds fast, some codes might get broken, resulting in crashes. Older builds might have these codes intact, thus avoiding crashes.
(10-13-2010, 02:52 PM)gaiachaos Wrote: [ -> ]I'm saying this because one of my friends is a proficient programmer AND software engineer and claims he could do a lot better. Bold claim, but whatever, that was what he said.

Maybe your friend should join the project then.
As you know, Dolphin is an open source project, which implicates that many coders with many different coding methods take part in it. So it's absolutely normal that the code looks unorganized.
@gaiachaos
If your friend is proficient programmer, then Dolphin needs him. There is a constant need of devs. Maybe he can make it organized.
(10-14-2010, 02:27 AM)Arpit Wrote: [ -> ]@gaiachaos
If your friend is proficient programmer, then Dolphin needs him. There is a constant need of devs. Maybe he can make it organized.

He's pretty much busy all the time, so unfortunately, he won't be able to. He wants to avoid being part of controversial projects such as this one. And then he has family as well (father of four).
Quote:Use the old revisions. The recent ones are crap and bloated with errors --- I'm saying this because one of my friends is a proficient programmer AND software engineer and claims he could do a lot better. Bold claim, but whatever, that was what he said.

You can try revision 5981. You can check my youtube videos for verification. No crashes occurred at any point of the game.

For some games that may be true but not for this one. Recent revisions have far less bugs, better emulation accuracy, better stability, and better performance with this game. I can't think of a single thing that is worse in recent revisions. If you were talking about metroid prime or wind waker I would agree with you though, but not with this game.
Okay, one last thing I need help with, how do I change versions while keeping the memory from the memory card? Whenever I've tried it in the past it would tell me that the memory card was corrupted, and needed to be reformatted, which deletes everything, unless I should use save states from now on.
Navigate to your dolphin directory. Go to the User folder. Copy the GC, Wii, and StateSaves folders to somewhere. Then after you extract the new revision just copy the contents of those folders into the same folders in the new revision.