Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Alright, I'm just going to write down a list of all the current known issues and solutions here so I can refer back to them.
-Blue rupees always give you the first time message when you get them (only blue rupees do it for some reason)
-Sound issues (turning audio throttle off helps but doesn't fix it completely)
-1/4 screen blurred with efb to ram (use efb to texture to fix)
-map issues with efb to texture (use efb to ram to fix this)
-Screwed up grass (no known fix)
-Hyrule field slows down as the game progresses (they're working on this extensively right now so it will be fixed soon)
-I also noticed that with efb to texture even though the blurriness is fixed the top left corner is still 1 pixel off from the rest of the image, it requires extremely close examination to notice though (completely unnoticeable in gameplay and barely noticeable in screenshots)

Now if only they could bring back msaa in dx....
Hail Dolphin Community!

The graphics and all seem to be working very nice for me. But even at the very start of the game I have FPS issues, in Links house or right where his treehouse is everything is very smooth. Though when I go into the village the FPS drops alot, and drops even more when going into combat.

I've been hearing that it was mainly Hyrule field that had issues, so I started wondering if I did anything wrong?

[Image: th_settings.jpg]

And my current rig is:

Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Athlon 6000+ 64
2 GB ram
Geforce 9600 GT

And Im currently using the 2.0 Dolphin release. I know I should have atleast 4 gigs, but is the emulator really that dependant on RAM? Or shouldn't I have a clean performance with this rig? Wind Waker seems to run abit more smooth and I haven't tried other games.
(03-28-2010, 09:35 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]-Blue rupees always give you the first time message when you get them (only blue rupees do it for some reason)

Not a big bug, but I also found this quite irritating, though it happened to me on all rupee types (red, blue, green, yellow etc.). I'd assume that the 'rupee's seen' data is not saved at all by dolphin.

(03-28-2010, 11:44 PM)monsieur Wrote: [ -> ]Hail Dolphin Community!

The graphics and all seem to be working very nice for me. But even at the very start of the game I have FPS issues, in Links house or right where his treehouse is everything is very smooth. Though when I go into the village the FPS drops alot, and drops even more when going into combat.

I've been hearing that it was mainly Hyrule field that had issues, so I started wondering if I did anything wrong?

[Image: th_settings.jpg]

And my current rig is:

Windows 7 64 bit
AMD Athlon 6000+ 64
2 GB ram
Geforce 9600 GT

And Im currently using the 2.0 Dolphin release. I know I should have atleast 4 gigs, but is the emulator really that dependant on RAM? Or shouldn't I have a clean performance with this rig? Wind Waker seems to run abit more smooth and I haven't tried other games.

For starters, you are using OpenGL plugin. It will not be optimal at all for TP.

Switch to DirectX9, turn on efb scaled copy hack, copy efb to texture, set audio throttle off, framelimiter to auto, enable cpu->efb access. Should result in full fps on your rig.
Yeah that definatley gave a great boost FPS wise, thanks a bunch!
(03-29-2010, 02:23 AM)Ocean Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-28-2010, 09:35 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]-Blue rupees always give you the first time message when you get them (only blue rupees do it for some reason)

Not a big bug, but I also found this quite irritating, though it happened to me on all rupee types (red, blue, green, yellow etc.). I'd assume that the 'rupee's seen' data is not saved at all by dolphin.

It's not a bug from dolphin at all. It happens in the console and all zelda games (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess at least). I think it's from the game logic, every time you load a saved game and continue playing, you will get a message for rupees except green color.
Quote:It's not a bug from dolphin at all. It happens in the console and all zelda games (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess at least). I think it's from the game logic, every time you load a saved game and continue playing, you will get a message for rupees except green color.

BS. I played TP on my gamecube an hour ago and it definitely didn't happen. And saving has nothing to do with it. It will keep doing it whenever you find a blue rupee, period. I'm not talking about getting it after you load a saved game, I'm talking about getting it every single fing time.

Avliden

I have an issue where I'll start a new character and it will just sit on a black screen. Then finaly i'll see a waterfall. Thats when I quit.
Anyone else have the same issue?
(03-29-2010, 03:24 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:It's not a bug from dolphin at all. It happens in the console and all zelda games (Wind Waker, Twilight Princess at least). I think it's from the game logic, every time you load a saved game and continue playing, you will get a message for rupees except green color.

BS. I played TP on my gamecube an hour ago and it definitely didn't happen. And saving has nothing to do with it. It will keep doing it whenever you find a blue rupee, period. I'm not talking about getting it after you load a saved game, I'm talking about getting it every single fing time.

Oh really? I might misunderstood your post. It does not happen to me at all.

Wulfgalas

Hello,

I have a question: which graphic options are recommended for this system?

Windows XP
Intel Pentium 4, 2 CPUs@3,20 GHz
2 GB RAM
GeForce 7950 GT

I use Dolphin version 2.
Wulfgalas

I would say anything as long as you leave AA off. 7950 GT is completely capable at any resolution. Your still going to have some framerate issues with this game because of the pentium 4 though, at least you have HT.