Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:Well i know it will run as it works on my current rig. (Core 2 e6600) it was more a question along the lines of "Will a quad core give me a significant frame boost over my Dual core in this game?" As for testing it out myself that would be impossible unless i bought the new CPU which would be stupid if i didn't know if ti was worth it or not. ( i mentioned i wanted to upgrade in my post) just wondering if anyone here is using a similar configuration to run this and how well it ran. Got Win 7 x64 on my PC now sadly not as big a boost as i hoped from Vista x86.

I misunderstood. When reading your post I thought that you were saying you already had a q8400 and were thinking about upgrading, you didn't say you had an e6600 and wanted to upgrade to a q8400. You should have just asked if you would get a significant boost from a quad core, the answer to that question is a big no. You may get 5-10% increase from background tasks running on the extra cores if your lucky. But practically speaking, dolphin has no speedup with anything more than 2 cores. That may change soon though since the developers are working on giving audio it's own thread.

If you want better performance you need to OC your cpu and get a better video card, since you already have win 7 64 bit and 2GB of ram is plenty for dolphin as long as you don't have any background tasks running those are the only things left to do to improve performance. Unfortunately because twilight princess uses the efb so much it's very difficult to emulate it at fullspeed. What settings and what build are you using?

Theonik

Thank you very much for the information i figured it wouldn't be a huge boost that's why i asked hoping i'd be wrong. I guess will try to oveclock my CPU to around 3Ghz and see how it works.
I am using SVN-5475 with the hyrule field speed-up hack and the recomended settings from the OP here. As for Background tasks it is a fresh install so i have nothing. Used to use the official V2.0 but that ended up getting 4fps on the 3rd twillight section so i changed to the speed-up version. getting 14 now on the field and 20 everywhere else with 25-30 in temples. Also fixed my music.
Also don't worry about missunderstanding my fault for not being specific enough.Big Grin
Hey yo, my first post! anyways, I'm using r5475 with the hyrule field hack (one of Xtreme's builds, thanks dude) to play the wii version of ZTP. The thing is that the Hyrule hack breaks all the maps and also the circular item menu (no images or numbers can be seen). I havent seen alot of talk about this problem in this thread (although i have seen some i believe) and was wondering if everyone else is experiencing this problem. Also, when using the unhacked D3d plugin the mini map is uncolored, and the full map screen is missing some effects (colors specifically).
I want to know if a solution exists for this yet because if there isnt I'm going to put some time into trying to reverse these problems while maintaining the speed increase, or possibly find another way to boost speed without this loss
(06-17-2010, 07:52 PM)fircrestsk8 Wrote: [ -> ]Hey yo, my first post! anyways, I'm using r5475 with the hyrule field hack (one of Xtreme's builds, thanks dude) to play the wii version of ZTP. The thing is that the Hyrule hack breaks all the maps and also the circular item menu (no images or numbers can be seen). I havent seen alot of talk about this problem in this thread (although i have seen some i believe) and was wondering if everyone else is experiencing this problem. Also, when using the unhacked D3d plugin the mini map is uncolored, and the full map screen is missing some effects (colors specifically).
I want to know if a solution exists for this yet because if there isnt I'm going to put some time into trying to reverse these problems while maintaining the speed increase, or possibly find another way to boost speed without this loss

http://www.dolphin-emu.org/wiki/index.ph...s_%28GC%29

"The quarter of the screen blurred with EFB to RAM

* Use EFB to texture and scaled EFB copy to fix

[edit] Map issues with EFB to texture

* Use EFB to RAM to fix this "

This is what's known.
You have to choose, screwed up map or 1/4 of the screen blurry. Which do you want? Only way to fix both is to run the game at the native resolution (640 x 480) with efb to ram.
Is there an option for fixing the sound? I'm using the last revision of Xtrem2damax. The problem is that the "voices" (such as Midna's, Link's screams, or boss's moans) can't be heard propperly 'cause it seems like the music is too loud.
Is there a way for rising the voice's volume? Or is it a known issue of this game?

PS: Using that revision I got a playable speed on Hyrule's Field. I've just got into the Death Mountain (not much advanced in the game), but it is playable so far.
Known issue that hasn't been fixed yet. Just read the wiki people. People like me and kolano make sure to keep it up to date.
(06-21-2010, 05:12 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Known issue that hasn't been fixed yet. Just read the wiki people. People like me and kolano make sure to keep it up to date.
This page in the wiki says nothing about the in-game voices, or I'm looking at the wrong wiki?
Quote:This page in the wiki says nothing about the in-game voices, or I'm looking at the wrong wiki?

Quote:Is there an option for fixing the sound?
It says sounds issues in the problems section. Voices are sound.

sebtal

Hi,

sorry if this question has been answered a million times, but I've been reading through the thread and not been able to figure it out... where do you download the hyrule field patch from, or is it now included? If not how do you apply it?

Hyrule field is running at about 20% speed, I'm running Dolphin 2.0 under windows 7 64, 6GB ram and an intel core i7 920 2.66Ghz.