Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Only 5 differences exist between the two versions.

1. The GC version features both auto camera and manual camera controls, the wii version only has autocamera
2. The wii version supports 16:9 widescreen, the GC version does not
3. The GC version is a bit faster since the wii version has to render more stuff at once when running in widescreen mode
4. Everything is flip flopped in order to keep link right handed in the wii version, west is east, east is west
5. The controls are obviously different, the GC version will map more easily to an xbox controller since it contains no motion controls
(01-05-2012, 06:01 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: I read on a ZTP wiki that OpenGL runs faster than Direct3d.

Looks like I have something to fix then, d3d9 runs much faster for most users.

Widescreen hack will give you problems in this game in any area that contains water. I strongly suggest that you turn it off. The rest of your settings look fine.

Quote:@Natural Violence
actually i can play ztp at ~24FPS in hyrule field with ztp hack enabled and Direct3D9; internal resolution:2xnative and,no anti alliasing,full screen resolution:1280*720,
and other settings are from the wiki,also i'm using the 3.0-305 build,
finally i want to know if by using the GT440M or the GTX460 i'll can run the game at full speed and in full HD.
gpu-z for GT440M: http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/majkel/...puzdef.png
for the GTX460 : http://www.ozone3d.net/public/jegx/20100...0_gpuz.jpg
and thanks

1. As you've already seen hyrule field and some other large areas won't run at fullspeed with your cpu.
2. The GT440M is a mobile gpu, the GTX 460 is a desktop graphics card.
3. The specs you linked to are for the desktop GT 440
4. Even if those were mobility GPUs you wouldn't be able to swap them out with your current GPU since you're using a laptop with an ati gpu that is probably soldered to the board

I'm almost positive that you can't upgrade your gpu, if you tell me what laptop you have I can make sure.
i have a sony vaio laptop

Roxas358

Hi, I've been playing TP on Dolphin 3.0-363 and when I use custom textures in the game, the maps get messed up. Huh

[Image: Bug1.png] [Image: Bug2.png]

Is there any way to fix this?

My computer specs are in my Sig.

Thanks. Big Grin
Do you have EFB to RAM enabled? I though that was fixed with newer revisions but maybe texture loading screws it up.

Roxas358

(01-06-2012, 11:15 AM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]Do you have EFB to RAM enabled? I though that was fixed with newer revisions but maybe texture loading screws it up.

OK, I've set it to Ram and I get this.

[Image: GZ2E01-16.png]

There's a line around the map and the arrow jumps allot. Undecided

I also set different options under hack and it does either the same thing or does something even worse. Dodgy
The only fix for that would be anti-aliasing, but you'll suffer huge performance drops...
I got the issue with the arrow jumping around a lot too.

Roxas358

(01-06-2012, 12:40 PM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]The only fix for that would be anti-aliasing, but you'll suffer huge performance drops...
I got the issue with the arrow jumping around a lot too.

That's to bad. Undecided Well anyways, Thanks for Your help. Big Grin
Have you tried different video backends? The arrow jumping around might be caused by the ZTP hack, but don't quote me on that.

Roxas358

(01-07-2012, 02:09 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Have you tried different video backends? The arrow jumping around might be caused by the ZTP hack, but don't quote me on that.

I tried Your suggestion. But no go. Thanks anyways. And really, a little bit of jumping is not to bad. Tongue
hi guys i have found that we can play ZTP at 95%(29FPS) in hyrule field without overlocking, the problems is that i don't know how i do it,because in the begining i have tested a lot of dolphin build and when i try the (3.0-363gecc6365 build by vlakipn-ICC),i have get got only 23FPS in ZTP in hyrule field,but after a manipulation of enabling and disabling settings in the graphics configuration in the game the game sound became buggy,after music of the game disappear and the speed is increased and became 29FPS.
before the manipulation: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/696...re2yd.png/
and after the manipulation: http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/406/capturecv.png
and the settings are:
enable dual core= checked
enable Idle skipping =checked
framelimit = 60,and JIT recompiler Lock threads to core=checked
Audio:
DSP HLE enable music DTK XAudio2 sample rate:48000Hz
Graphics:
Direct3D9 full screen resolution: 640*480
render to main windows =checked
Internal Resolution : 1xNative(640*480)
Anti-alliasing: 4*SSAA
Anisotropic filtering:1x