Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
If your already using a recent revision (5312 or higher) then the audio patch is already applied and therefore any remaining audio problems cannot be fixed. We just have to deal with it until it's fixed.

Smith25

Hello, I don't know why I can't play In Hyrul field at fullspeed, I only have 18 fps. Can somebody help me please?

this is my specs:

Windows 7 64 PRo
amd Athlon 64 x2 dual core 5600+ 2.8 ghz
9800 gt nvidia 512 mb
4 gb ram

this is my dolphin(5821m) config :

GENERAL:
Enable DUal core (checked)
Enable Idle Skipping (checked)

HLE the IPL (checked)

JIT Recompiler (checked)

PLugin Driect 9:

Enable CPU>EFB access (checked)

ENHencements:

EFB scaled copy (checked)

ZTP Speed-Up Hack (checked)

Enable EFB COPY to TEXTURE

PS : sorry I don't speak english very well ^^
it's not your computer or settings, it's an issue that still hasn't gotten a real solution...here's a big thread about it...on the last page you should also find a patched build...in graphics settings activate the ZTP hack and Hyrule Field should be almost full speed. http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-7495.html

Oops...I see now that you have already the patched version...then I can't help ya, sorry. You might need a faster CPU...or wait for the issue to get really fixed.
The lowest CPU-Speed which should be able to run TP is about a Core2Duo/Phenom ~ 3-GHz or an A64 x2 3500MHz+. Below that mark, you seem to get too low fps. Further even with 25fps it's not much fun to play but the mentioned CPU's should give the needed 30fps. Why don't somebody add this to the starting post... like warning - very CPU demanding game or something...
Strange... Previously I tried to run Zelda on v2.0. It run smoothly with full (I think) FPS. However when I switched to R5837 it runs incredibly slow, why is that?
Hoverer on 5837 musics runs perfect everywhere. (As fas as I noticed).
If I could I speed up FPS on 5837, it would be perfect. Can I do that somehow?

BTW my PC is:
Windows 7 64bit
IntelCore Duo 2.20Ghz 2.20Ghz
4.00GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce GT220M (1GB RAM)
I dont't think that TP was running @ full 30fps according to your CPU and more important Dolphin v2.0 cause there's no hyrule field patch applied there. Just look @ the vid here http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jkeAjVdMCno , did you get that speed outsides? Didn't you read the post before, there's no way to bring the game to full speed aka 30fps without a decent CPU for now...
My guess is you had good speeds before, because you weren't far in the game...the slowness only comes later in the game...
StripTheSoul speaks true words. I just made the test with my CPU Clocked to 2.2GHz, well Kakariko Village rock solid 30fps but leaving the gates to Hyrule Field results in awesome 17fps, even with X2D's SVN+ZTP Hack. Conclusion=Coders need more coffee to fix it... le plus some of the good ideas some people got here Smile

Edit: brings me to some nice equation to think about: 17fps=2.2GHz therefore 4-GHz=30fps...hooray my system is fulfilling minimum specs haha. Crysis? What??? Yo, try Hyrule Field it's more hardcore!
Do you think my CPU, clocked at 2.66GHz, can handle it?

Can't OC it, my motherboard's FSB is at its limit. =/
Well... I weren't far in the game, however the FPS was fast everywhere so far, but on 5837 it is horrible everywhere...

You can see fps count on screens attached. The higher is on v2.0. (however music does not play on cut scenes or strange effects occur (loops etc))