Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(02-05-2012, 12:25 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]Try using a different build, not lectrode.
Okay, I tried another build and it occurred again. Since you said that I guess everything running fine on your rig. Now I wonder if it's only me as I had the same issue 2 years ago.

PS: Anybody here with a HD4xxx mind testing it out?

AF16x on 3.0-413
[Image: ZTPAF16x1.png]

jacquesdereims

I'm having some trouble learning the next sword technique after the back slice because I can't perform the back slice to pass it off as the prerequisite to the next technique. I'm using build 3.0-191, but have also tried build 3.0-409. I've also tried disabling dual core and enabling MMU and BAT since that got me past the glitch where the boss room in the fire temple on Death Mountain wouldn't open, but it's not helping here. Also, build 191 works more smoothly and with fewer hangs than 409. Anyone having a similar problem or have a solution?

I've noticed some of you have had problems with the howling stones or other wolf music spots. This method has worked for me: Save the state before initiating the song, then attempt to start the song from different sides of the howling stone/object. One of the sides usually doesn't cause a freeze. I think it has something to do with the way the perspective changes when listening or starting a song.

jacquesdereims

(01-23-2012, 12:15 AM)Sonjiru Wrote: [ -> ]I had a problem look at this Picture :

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/577...oblem.jpg/

If i press A the Game is freeze and I have to Restart the emulator. Is there any Issue for this problem?

I use Dolphin 3.0-373-dirty.

Sorry for my english i'm from Germany.

Thanks for all your Help

I had the same problem until I tried approaching the howling stone from the other side before pressing A. I don't know why, but that seems to work in any howling situation. I make sure to do a state save so I can revert and try a different angle now whenever I have to do a musical sequence.
(02-05-2012, 12:17 PM)jakeslogan Wrote: [ -> ]PS: Anybody here with a HD4xxx mind testing it out?

Yeh, I also get thinner beams of light with DX9 AAx16 on a HD4870X2.

daxdox

I had problems with howling stones, the game whould freeze.
Im running the game on dolphin 3.0-235, gc version.
The right click -> propereties doesnt work on any gc games. I always get some error.
For wii games works.

But unchecking "enable idle skipping" solved the problem.

I hope I helped someone...
I'm getting some really strange errors, and I'm assuming they could possibly have to do with the ISO I'm using.

If I try to enter fullscreen or max out the screen size, the game crashes and the sound alone runs at around 2000%. The same exact thing happens if I try to change the anti-alias settings. For reference, I've never had any of these problems with any other game.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 810 Processor @ 2.60 GHZ
AMD Radeon 6570
Windows 7 x64
(02-06-2012, 09:01 PM)skid Wrote: [ -> ]Yeh, I also get thinner beams of light with DX9 AAx16 on a HD4870X2.

Thanks for your reply...Err...... you meant AF right? If it's true then glad to see that I'm not alone.
How about users with HD3xxx and HD5xxx? Anyone else has light beams problem with AF?

(02-07-2012, 11:04 AM)NumbYourMind Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting some really strange errors, and I'm assuming they could possibly have to do with the ISO I'm using.

If I try to enter fullscreen or max out the screen size, the game crashes and the sound alone runs at around 2000%. The same exact thing happens if I try to change the anti-alias settings. For reference, I've never had any of these problems with any other game.

Specs:
AMD Phenom II X4 810 Processor @ 2.60 GHZ
AMD Radeon 6570
Windows 7 x64

Why don't you play it directly from your DVD, ripping incorrectly sometimes results in error.

(02-07-2012, 11:31 AM)jakeslogan Wrote: [ -> ]Why don't you play it directly from your DVD, ripping incorrectly sometimes results in error.

I actually had no idea that was even possible. Thank you for enlightening me on this. Big Grin
EDIT: Turns out my disc drive can't read it. I guess I'll have to try to find a good ISO.

jacquesdereims

(02-07-2012, 12:50 AM)daxdox Wrote: [ -> ]I had problems with howling stones, the game whould freeze.
Im running the game on dolphin 3.0-235, gc version.
The right click -> propereties doesnt work on any gc games. I always get some error.
For wii games works.

But unchecking "enable idle skipping" solved the problem.

I hope I helped someone...

Howling stones will freeze if approached from one side, but not from the other side. I usually do save state before attempting a howling stone and just reload and try the other side of the stone if it freezes. For some reason it usually works when I try the far side of the stone relative to the most direct approach angle. Hope that helps.
(02-07-2012, 11:04 AM)NumbYourMind Wrote: [ -> ]I'm getting some really strange errors, and I'm assuming they could possibly have to do with the ISO I'm using.

If I try to enter fullscreen or max out the screen size, the game crashes and the sound alone runs at around 2000%.
This problem occurs if your cpu is too slow to switch resolutions (personal theory, feel free to correct), this should have been fixed in the newer revisions or disable widescreen hack if enabled