Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm gonna do it..when I'm out of the mine, cause I didn't play further until now Smile
(07-23-2010, 04:59 PM)heathmatters Wrote: [ -> ]These few screen shots are helping quite an amount of people here. But I guess that settings do require a decent computer with great performance as well. I really hope that there would be no difference playing it using an emulator compared to playing it on the console. I still hope that there is a solution for random crashes and to be able to play at full speed. Now there are still quite an amount of frustrations playing it on an emulator. Hope that it can be solved soon.

Sound effects still needs some work. And then there are some very minor graphical glitches --- though they generally don't interfere with the game. Game occasionally crashes while it "clears cache code". I think those can easily be fixed --- if you can find the right person to do it.

The FPS in Hyrule Field (later in the game) will be extremely difficult to fix, as that normally requires a really powerful processor to render at full speed without any bottleneck.

Just keep in mind that the people who developed the dolphin emulator aren't paid a cent for it, so just be grateful that it even works.

I have uploaded some ZTP videos (720p) at youtube. You can check here: http://www.youtube.com/gaiachaos2000. I will upload more soon.
I also tried with resident evil remake and I've the same issue . . . I don't know what is causing my problem, I'll try with older revs, if the problem persist it's something with my computer . . . so, let's format (?
Obviously i have a problem, remake before ran at fullspeed on dx9 plugin with SSAA at 9x, now it's around 25 fps/ 60 e.e . . .

Would have my hard drive full affect in someway the emulation (? actually I have 2 gb of free space . . .

EDIT: I freed some space in my hard drive and now . . . it works like a charm, 60 fps without slowdowns, looks like it was a really tiny thing xD . . .
hi sup when ss is coming out
(07-24-2010, 01:53 AM)gaiachaos Wrote: [ -> ]The FPS in Hyrule Field (later in the game) will be extremely difficult to fix, as that normally requires a really powerful processor to render at full speed without any bottleneck.

It doesn't help, you can use the latest 8-core xeon processor or port dolphin on cell broadband engine & it will have the bottleneck.

Without modifying dx9 plugin/hacks, it simply limits to 20-24fps and will not go up regardless of processor type.
It is a limitation/bottleneck of dolphin. Just by using a custom ZTP graphics plugin will result in 90-95% speed in hyrule field, it is a software issue
I think he may be right. But what if we borrow some sci-fi HPC from NASA to run Dolphin...That should do it. But I know I am getting very ahead...

The point is that Devs have to locate out the cause of this massive slowdown and to resolve it. If someone can study the working of Wii in more detail, then we may be able to solve out the problems of not only ZTP, but other games as well.

I don't know why but I have a feeling that the next year, we will be playing ZTP at full speed. Hope this become true, or I will have to postpone it to next to next new year.... Tongue
what made this game shit is that stupid mailman who happens to interrupt just aboutevery entry to hyrule gate

RAGE
(07-25-2010, 10:48 PM)Arpit Wrote: [ -> ]I think he may be right. But what if we borrow some sci-fi HPC from NASA to run Dolphin...That should do it. But I know I am getting very ahead...

The point is that Devs have to locate out the cause of this massive slowdown and to resolve it. If someone can study the working of Wii in more detail, then we may be able to solve out the problems of not only ZTP, but other games as well.

I don't know why but I have a feeling that the next year, we will be playing ZTP at full speed. Hope this become true, or I will have to postpone it to next to next new year.... Tongue

man replaying games is boring.. i just wanted to play for the storyline.. and it was shit
(07-25-2010, 11:34 PM)Kipston Wrote: [ -> ]what made this game shit is that stupid mailman who happens to interrupt just aboutevery entry to hyrule gate

RAGE
(07-25-2010, 10:48 PM)Arpit Wrote: [ -> ]I think he may be right. But what if we borrow some sci-fi HPC from NASA to run Dolphin...That should do it. But I know I am getting very ahead...

man replaying games is boring.. i just wanted to play for the storyline.. and it was shit

Well, Zelda games don't have the best story. Save princess, save world, beat ganon (or other bad guy), end.

It's the gameplay that matters.
Yeah, play Mario if you want best story.

/s
read a novel if you want a best story to read... and play for gameplay experiance...