Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Have yet to encounter problems with sound on HLE. Currently on zora temple after getting armor. Sound works nice and gameplay smooth. Long way until last dungeon tho. I messed around with Overclocking and got up to 3.6 compared to 2.8 and tested with LLE , seems fine. Tried donkey kong country and runs good with LLE on 3.6. But Zelda I prefer HLE because of super speed in hyrule field.
You're bullcrapping, either that or you've never played the game on the actual hardware or with LLE. After playing for a bit cutscenes won't have music, music also will be missing in places such as the when the old guy shoots you up in the cannon and the last dungeon. In places where the music does work ok'ish it still works flaky with it missing some sounds or certain sounds/music not playing correctly and the noticeable volume issues.

The issue hasn't even been fixed with HLE, so everyone, myself and even you have these issues. The recent HLE fixes didn't even touch any of the code or ucodes that this game uses so it's impossible that it's fixed.
Ok ok all I am saying is I hear music most of the time and cutscenes I skip. I enjoy playing on HLE is also what I am saying and whatever issues you mentioned do not bother me.
Well that's good for you, but most of us can't stand playing this game and other games without their proper audio. The music makes the game more enjoyable, enveloping the player in the atmosphere of the game, without the proper music and sound it's just a dull experience that becomes boring after a while. I tried playing Super Mario Galaxy with HLE and couldn't, especially after the music stopped since it became too boring.

But it's misleading to say there are no audio problems with this game, because everyone will check the game hoping the audio issue have been fixed and just end up disappointed.
i am at the last part of the game, yet i don´t know what are the audio problems everyone talks about?

for me the audio was always perfect, music, and sounds, using the default sound config
To anyone saying there is no audio issues with HLE, it's obvious you have never played the game on the actual hardware or haven't tried playing the game with LLE. The audio issues with HLE aren't hard to miss for anyone that has played the game on a Wii/GC or with LLE...
(06-21-2011, 12:37 PM)sixor Wrote: [ -> ]i am at the last part of the game, yet i don´t know what are the audio problems everyone talks about?

for me the audio was always perfect, music, and sounds, using the default sound config

I'll follow up on Xtreme2damax's explanation. LLE, to my knowledge, is not perfect.

1) Loading file music: When using HLE, after about a minute or so, the music will break and you will hear nothing.
2) Some cutscene music will not play with HLE. Some might play, but will break after the first loop.
3) Some instruments from the music play too loud. Too loud that you can barely hear the other instruments/sound effects. Hyrule Field music is one of them. The mid-boss battle theme is another.
4) When playing the balloon game, the music will break after the first loop (with HLE).

Both HLE and LLE have synchronization problems --- the former having the worst effects. Though LLE is close to perfect, the sound effects always play 8 frames late (roughly 0.167 s apart). I always have to do the correction myself when editing the videos.
(06-21-2011, 03:17 PM)gaiachaos Wrote: [ -> ]
(06-21-2011, 12:37 PM)sixor Wrote: [ -> ]i am at the last part of the game, yet i don´t know what are the audio problems everyone talks about?

I'll follow up on Xtreme2damax's explanation. LLE, to my knowledge, is not perfect.

1) Loading file music: When using HLE, after about a minute or so, the music will break and you will hear nothing.
2) Some cutscene music will not play with HLE. Some might play, but will break after the first loop.
3) Some instruments from the music play too loud. Too loud that you can barely hear the other instruments/sound effects. Hyrule Field music is one of them. The mid-boss battle theme is another.
4) When playing the balloon game, the music will break after the first loop (with HLE).

Both HLE and LLE have synchronization problems --- the former having the worst effects. Though LLE is close to perfect, the sound effects always play 8 frames late (roughly 0.167 s apart). I always have to do the correction myself when editing the videos.

LLE doesn't have any noticeable synchronization problems, just that a fast machine is needed. If LLE had synchronization problems it would hang just like HLE does at some points throughout ZWW/ZTP and SMG1/SMG2 would hang after getting a grand star. With audio throttle enabled, LLE has near perfect synchronization but synchronization is not a problem with audio throttle disabled afaik. Tongue

Anyways on to additional HLE issues..

- Once music borks with HLE in cutscenes, all cutscenes afterwards will be missing music unless you restart the emulator. Just be sure you are close to an area where a cutscene is triggered when you load a game else the cutscene won't have music because music breaks after playing for a few minutes.

- Let the intro where Link is riding Epona play through, let the second intro play through. When the first intro is played again directly after the second intro it will be missing the music, this will also break some music ingame as well.

- After beating some bosses, such as the water temple boss and stepping in the portal the game will sometimes hang on a grey screen, this does not happen with LLE or on the hardware.

Hi everyone, first post around here, i've been using HLE so far and i'm in the lake hylia temple. Never played the game on the gamecube before, so, after seeing some gameplay videos, i'd like to get a full 30fps on hyrule field. My specs are as follows
Core i7 870 2.9ghz
GTX 460 768mb OC'd
6GB Ram
Windows 7 Ultimate
I'm running the game on my TV at 720p, with a ps3 controller.
If you guys could provide any valuable tweaks for my Dolphin build (7605) that would get me a full 30 fps, I'd be much appreaciated.
How come LLE runs smooth when DSP LLE on Thread is selected for a while and then game crashes.