Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:But some people still get this problem even with safe texture cache disabled.

Then they must have configured something else wrong. Maybe they disabled the efb. I have yet to see someone produce this without misconfiguring something, and 99% of the time it's because they have safe texture cache on.

Quote:I'm still thinking that there's a problem with the area streaming thing (you know, when you ride on the Hyrule field and get from an area to an other without loading delay) : on the actual GC, there is no performance loss when unlocking new streamed Hyrule field areas, while I actually get a big one on Dolphin.

Perhaps. But I garauntee that the GC/Wii is doing more work when more areas are unlocked. Also how do you know this? How did you measure the framerate on the native hardware? You realize that on the native hardware a drop in framerate will not create a drop in gamespeed since no emulation is involved.
(10-27-2010, 05:21 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Perhaps. But I garauntee that the GC/Wii is doing more work when more areas are unlocked. Also how do you know this? How did you measure the framerate on the native hardware? You realize that on the native hardware a drop in framerate will not create a drop in gamespeed since no emulation is involved.

I didn't do any framerate measure, but well, though I was getting some slowdowns, I remember that the game was running most of the time fluently.
I should redo the game on the GC now that I have a new TV, any framerate drop should be more noticeable on it than on my old cathodic TV.
You can try. But without piece of hardware to intercept the video signal I doubt you will be able to tell.
Quote:Then they must have configured something else wrong. Maybe they disabled the efb. I have yet to see someone produce this without misconfiguring something, and 99% of the time it's because they have safe texture cache on.

safe texture cache does not cause this, unless you fail to restart the emulator after enabling it.
Quote:safe texture cache does not cause this, unless you fail to restart the emulator after enabling it.

It does for me. And dozens of other people in this thread that have fixed that problem by disabling it.

Crasoose

(04-18-2010, 03:03 PM)Crasoose Wrote: [ -> ]I have a problem of not being able to do the howling stone near the master sword :| when I attempt to do the howling stone it doesn't register when I do it correctly. Rather frustrating as this is the only game breaking bug I've encountered, anyone know a solution for this?

(04-18-2010, 09:04 PM)Crasoose Wrote: [ -> ]
(04-18-2010, 09:00 PM)Kipston Wrote: [ -> ]Yes. I just press SHIFT+F(1-12) to save the state, then try approaching the stone from all sides then pressing A, if I get lucky I don't get a crash and proceed.

Sorry, I meant to clearify that it doesn't crash for me, it just doesn't recognize my howling as correct. So if I howl in the right sequence no matter how many times I try, it doesn't accept it as right. Thanks for the input though Smile

Any solutions for this yet? I don't think anyone else has this problem Sad
Strange... I never got any problem at all with howling. Try doing some errors. You may change the notes later. Try to change them earlier. That worked for me.

SYSTEM UPDATE : Grabbed an MSI Cyclone NGTX460 1GD5 OC and tested ZTP on Direct3D 9 and 11 plugin

1. Direct3D 9, 1024 x 768, 9x MSAA, x16 Anisotropic Filtering = 18 FPS
2. Direct3D 11, 1024 x 768, x16 Anisotropic Filtering = 18 FPS

CPU bottleneck I guess... but still awesome Big Grin
I started playing this game today (the NTSC version) but I have two problems, one is the map which doesn't work properly but I've read that it's normal. The other problem is a slowdown in Faron Woods, maybe it's because of my PC (in sign)? Before this game I've played at Mario Sunshine and Wind Waker without problems. Other than these two problems verything else works fine, even the cutscenes (I've read of people having audio out of sync).
I tried using EFB to RAM and it resolves the map issue, but when I go in the Faron Woods I've an even worse slowdown. It's still playable, but I would like to play better, is there a solution? The only slowdown of which I've read is the Hyrule Field one. I tried playing in windowed mode at 640x480 but nothing changed...
My slowdowns reach 70% speed, instead in dungeons (or closed places) I get 100% speed. These are the settings I use:
1680x1050 in fullscreen
3x internal resolution
16x anisotropic filtering
bi/trilinear filtering
no AA
widescreen hack (only when it works properly)
EFB to RAM
Dolphin r6321

I already tried disabling the settings that improve the IQ (filterings etc.) but nothing changed other than the IQ itself. Sad
I try it with version 2.0 but after playing a bit myself but the image appears black,I play with the xbox360 controller.
what is the best version of the emulator for this game?
@vmaster

The most recent revision. And what exactly is black?

@mans

Try taking off 3x internal resolution. I also had problems with faron woods performance so I'm pretty sure everyone is.