Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:I update my post with some screens... is it the way the game is supossed to be?

Yup. Texture filtering can only do so much. The GC/Wii have very little memory and as such developers need to cut corners with textures to reduce the games memory footprint. They usually use high resolution textures for characters and other important objects but the environments (especially the ground) are given much lower resolution textures since it's both less noticeable and they cover a large area (thus saving a lot of memory where as using low res textures for characters would only save a little).

Xtreme can you post a link to the hyrule field speedup patch and the patched build you released so I can update the wiki?
(05-30-2010, 04:42 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]I would recommend that you provide a link to the wiki page. Since half my comments to noobs with problems seem to be "here is the wiki page http://www.dolphin-emu.org/wiki/index.ph...ncess_(GC)"

Thanks, added. Smile
(05-30-2010, 04:55 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I update my post with some screens... is it the way the game is supossed to be?

Yup. Texture filtering can only do so much. The GC/Wii have very little memory and as such developers need to cut corners with textures to reduce the games memory footprint. They usually use high resolution textures for characters and other important objects but the environments (especially the ground) are given much lower resolution textures since it's both less noticeable and they cover a large area (thus saving a lot of memory where as using low res textures for characters would only save a little).

Xtreme can you post a link to the hyrule field speedup patch and the patched build you released so I can update the wiki?

Good research and explanation.... Seen by myself..
Even link has most detailed texture in the game. (or Ganondorf???) but environment is lot less detailed and of less memory...

Good Smile
Right now, I'm very tempted to buy a gamecube copy of Twilight Princess, just for emulating it in Dolphin.
Although it'll cost me £32, and I already replayed the Wii version recently.

Think it'll be worth it?
Depends. If it were me and I already had the wii version then I probably wouldn't. Why not just emulate the wii version which you already have?
(05-31-2010, 10:31 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Depends. If it were me and I already had the wii version then I probably wouldn't. Why not just emulate the wii version which you already have?
Emulating the GC version would be faster and easier to play, with just a GC pad.
Right?
To be honest, the Wii and Gamecube versions run about the same for me at least, so I'd say it wouldn't be worth it.
But anyway, is the Hyrule field speedup patch added into the latest revisions? Im sorry if I'm repeating the question but I'm just too lazy to check in previous pages. How noticeable is this "speedup" Wink

mastergrim

This page really helped changing that one plugin has increassed my fps so that its not choppy my undieing love goes out to u m8
I spoke to soon the only problem i have now is in small areas like dungeons and villages everything is to fast like its been fast forwarded and im sorry if a solution to this has been post im searchin for it now
You must have framelimiter turned off. Turn it on.