Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-07-2012, 09:40 PM)Garteal Wrote: [ -> ]Hi Xialoh,

Overclocking will definitely help you, since you're nearly getting that fullspeed.
Pushing it to 4.2GHz should get you over the edge and have you keep your 30FPS.

You can also go back to Dolphin 3.0 stable release, it should give you some performance.
735 has some performance issues, which should be fixed in 745.

Anyhow, if you can't manage to solve the FPS drops; one way to keep your audio playing perfectly without stuttering is to disable idle stepping (and/or enable Accurate VBeam in game options).

Please post your settings too so we can check that out.

Here's an album with my current settings:

http://imgur.com/a/nQ8GG#0

I think I got everything? Let me know if I skipped something important there.

I'm gonna go ahead and look into OCing. I bought aftermarket cooling for it, may as well use it. As to reverting to 3.0, I'll give that a try, though I'm not currently sure how to do that without losing my saves, and perhaps controller config (though I could just redo the controller profiles).

I tried out the idle skipping and vbeam. Idle skipping didn't cause any noticeable difference in my test save point, but I didn't get to test it in Hyrule Field. The vbeam option on the other hand, caused massive slowdown. Just getting to the title screen took way longer, and I'm pretty sure fps was as low as 16. I'm not sure if that's because it's conflicting with some of my other settings up there or not.

One other thing - I ran into an even worse spot last night after making the topic. Fighting about 4 of the shadow beasts that have to be killed simultaneously dropped my fps to maybe 24, audio was terrible. So, it seems it's going to involve any fight with a lot of enemies, or perhaps it was because of the electric field that they use to seal me in being larger than usual. In any case, seems like cause for overclocking, even if it's running smooth in most areas.

I'm switching off the 4x SSAA and enabling Per-Pixel Lighting for the moment. I actually noticed that the AA apparently makes sunbeams less visible as well (not the anisotropic filtering, turning off AA actually added more sunbeams to the area I was in when I turned it off, heh).
Yes, thank you for uploading them!

You might want to uncheck limit by FPS and set the framelimit to auto.
Set AF to x16, as that'll make textures sharper in the distance without any performance loss.
I strongly suggest you to use a multiplier IR instead of the auto. (Eg: x3, x4)

As for your hacks, disable the following:
Cache Display Lists (can cause issues)
OpenCL Texture Decoder

As for the game specific settings, you do not need to tick dual core etc, those are already enabled in the main settings of Dolphin.

You may also look into using OpenGL instead of DirectX9/11 since it should give you better performance in this game.

Quote:As to reverting to 3.0, I'll give that a try, though I'm not currently sure how to do that without losing my saves, and perhaps controller config (though I could just redo the controller profiles).
Simple. Just copy over your memory cards, or the individual save by using the Gamecube Memorycard Manager found in the Tools menu.
You can also copy over your controller config over to the right folder in Dolphin 3.0.

Quote:I tried out the idle skipping and vbeam. Idle skipping didn't cause any noticeable difference in my test save point, but I didn't get to test it in Hyrule Field.
It was meant for the audio, how did it play?
"MMU" and "speed up disc transfer" isn't needed as well.
(08-08-2012, 05:18 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]"speed up disc transfer" isn't needed as well.

Isn't that what the .ini is set to by default? (or at lest I think it use to be)
Alright, I did a number of the things you mentioned here. Mostly unsuccessful, but one thing did work towards the end. First off, I downloaded Dolphin 3.0. The problem is that almost nothing works for me with it. By that I mean, I can't figure out how to use this save manager to move saves at all. Furthermore, the LLE audio files I'm using (the version provided on this site that only works for TP) doesn't seem to work with version 3.0 at all. I kept getting an error. I'll go back and try to reproduce the error again in a bit, but it may just be that it doesn't work in version 3.0?

Aside from those things, I tried the suggested changes, and kept most. I left AF at 1x due to sunbeams. I'm using a 2x IR multiplier now instead of auto, and I disabled cache display lists, as well as idle skipping. I did keep openCL texture decoder, because I see a loss of like 2 fps when switching it on and off in game. Seemingly, the game is running perfectly for the moment (and this is with both 4x SSAA and per-pixel lighting, both of which were disabled when the game was previously running slower).

I tested a conversation with a light spirit, and 2 fight sequences that previously caused major problems. Haven't dropped below 29 FPS doing these things so far, but I won't know for sure if everything is smooth until I get back to Hyrule Field (and since there is some level of inconsistency with performance, I won't know until I've launched a few times and played for a while). I think disabling idle skipping and cache lists was a big deal though. Still gonna look into overclocking before the day is over, just to try and smooth everything out.

Oh, and the vbeam thing. I tried it again after what you said. You're right - it does fix the audio issues, even if it does put things in slow motion. It's almost preferable to the constant skipping audio though. If I could make whatever vbeam does work at a higher fps...would be perfect.

Lastly, OpenGL and direct3d11 were both problematic for me in one way or another. I think certain things I'm used to using with direct3d9 don't work so well with them? I want to try and give it another attempt later, using the settings I'm using now on direct3d9, and adjusting until something seems effective.

Thanks for all the tips on this matter Smile.

(08-08-2012, 05:18 AM)Starscream Wrote: [ -> ]"MMU" and "speed up disc transfer" isn't needed as well.

Do you refer to the MMU speedhack as well? I think that ones improving performance, but I'm not entirely sure. I did disable the speed up disc transfer though.

(08-08-2012, 09:40 AM)Xialoh Wrote: [ -> ]Do you refer to the MMU speedhack as well? I think that ones improving performance, but I'm not entirely sure.

I think that it decreases proformance
(08-08-2012, 09:59 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that it decreases proformance

I see, I'll go ahead and disable it too then. Going to do some normal play to see if the performance boosts I'm seeing are widepsread.
(08-08-2012, 09:59 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]I think that it decreases proformance

You're right. MMU and the MMU speed hack slow downs the emulation. It the option is not needed, it should be unchecked.

Can someone please help me with fixing the sound stutter/no sound at all in battles (at times) in Pokemon XD: Gale of Darkness? I have tried A few settings but since this is audio related I have only so much I can work with.

Its Dolphin 3.0 735

The game runs fine, but the audio is absolutely ruining this game.

Specs:

Windows 7 Home Premium
i5-3570K @ 4.6
MSI 7850 Power Edition
Crucial M4 256GB
G. Skill 8GB DDR3 @ 1600
Antec EA650 (Platinum ''Edition'') PSU

By the way, the only reason I'm posting it on here is because (for some reason) I can't make A new thread...

Any help is greatly appreciated.