Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
There's another hack, called ZTP hack in the ISO's property. This is a new implementation causing at least 100% throttle (in my case), even in Hyrule Field.
Music in cutscenes will still stop after a while due to an incomplete/buggy implementation of the AFC decoder. There are also other areas in the game that use the AFC decoder, such as Lake Hylia when you pay rupees to get shot up in the cannon, that music uses the AFC decoder and also the last dungeon once you get inside of the castle.
(10-22-2010, 04:11 AM)Discosuperstar Wrote: [ -> ]I see. I'll have to test it later without the projection hack. Since it said 'Zelda Twilight Princess...' I just figured it had to be on. The wiki says Eternal Darkness needs that hack, but I haven't tested it to be sure.
As far as audio goes, I had the no music in cut-scenes issue back when I was using the 2.0 release, but using the later revisions seemed to fix it. AFAIK, the former hack for the DSP plugin was integrated into the trunk. Otherwise I don't notice any issues; I think all sound effects and music are present.
Which revision are you using?

Discosuperstar

Y'know, I think the corner blurring is still there, no matter what I do. It's less noticeable at higher resolutions, but I can still see a difference in the line crispness between top left and top right sides of the screen (I don't have AA on, so the aliasing, or lack thereof gives away the blur)
I seem to get really erratic performance either way. A couple of day ago I was getting full 30fps in hyrule field, and now I can't seem to squeeze out more than 24. I think I may try clearing my settings completely, see if all my testing went too far.
I'm using revision r6298 as of now. I'm updating pretty often as the dx11 updates come in.
(10-22-2010, 02:41 PM)Discosuperstar Wrote: [ -> ]Y'know, I think the corner blurring is still there, no matter what I do. It's less noticeable at higher resolutions, but I can still see a difference in the line crispness between top left and top right sides of the screen (I don't have AA on, so the aliasing, or lack thereof gives away the blur)
I seem to get really erratic performance either way. A couple of day ago I was getting full 30fps in hyrule field, and now I can't seem to squeeze out more than 24. I think I may try clearing my settings completely, see if all my testing went too far.
I'm using revision r6298 as of now. I'm updating pretty often as the dx11 updates come in.

For the blurring problem, it seems to depend on your rig. For me, the top left-hand corner of the screen gets blank when I enable Safe texture cache, but it becomes clear again when I disable it.
The Hyrule field slowdonw is a known problem which seems to happen only in this game. The ZTP hack improves this a bit, but there's still a big work to do on this issue.
Quote:Y'know, I think the corner blurring is still there, no matter what I do. It's less noticeable at higher resolutions, but I can still see a difference in the line crispness between top left and top right sides of the screen (I don't have AA on, so the aliasing, or lack thereof gives away the blur)

Just increase the internal resolution or efb scale (same thing they just renamed it) to 3x. That will get rid of the bluriness but may have a performance hit.

Quote:For the blurring problem, it seems to depend on your rig. For me, the top left-hand corner of the screen gets blank when I enable Safe texture cache, but it becomes clear again when I disable it.

It has nothing to do with you're hardware. That is a completely normal issue that affects everyone, which is why we have to constantly tell people to turn off safe texture cache.

Quote:The Hyrule field slowdonw is a known problem which seems to happen only in this game. The ZTP hack improves this a bit, but there's still a big work to do on this issue.

The ZTP fixes the slowdown, not much else we can do. Obviously it still won't run fullspeed for a lot of people because it's a big area with a lot of geometries but nothing can be done about that.
well with the new builds i get constant 30fps

fuck yeah lectrode
Same for me, Dolphin really has come a long way in such a short time, *sniff* it's so beautiful to watch.

EDIT: Also helps that i scraped my old crappy laptop
(10-25-2010, 09:53 PM)ugoo Wrote: [ -> ]EDIT: Also helps that i scraped my old crappy laptop

Slam Dunked it or what???
(10-23-2010, 08:21 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:For the blurring problem, it seems to depend on your rig. For me, the top left-hand corner of the screen gets blank when I enable Safe texture cache, but it becomes clear again when I disable it.

It has nothing to do with you're hardware. That is a completely normal issue that affects everyone, which is why we have to constantly tell people to turn off safe texture cache.

But some people still get this problem even with safe texture cache disabled.

(10-23-2010, 08:21 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:The Hyrule field slowdonw is a known problem which seems to happen only in this game. The ZTP hack improves this a bit, but there's still a big work to do on this issue.

The ZTP fixes the slowdown, not much else we can do. Obviously it still won't run fullspeed for a lot of people because it's a big area with a lot of geometries but nothing can be done about that.

I'm still thinking that there's a problem with the area streaming thing (you know, when you ride on the Hyrule field and get from an area to an other without loading delay) : on the actual GC, there is no performance loss when unlocking new streamed Hyrule field areas, while I actually get a big one on Dolphin.