Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
By the way the Hyrule Field speed hack won't work unless dual core is enabled, so make sure it is indeed enabled in the configuration, both in the game properties and actual configuration. You should be getting at least a 8 FPS - 10 FPS boost with your processor and the hack enabled.
(11-03-2010, 02:56 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:BTW, I have a problem with torches : it seems that the fire effect is broken by night. I mean, torches emit light, but there's no fire rendered. Does anyone get this issue ?

Which video plugin?

DirectX 9. I'll tweak the settings further to see if there's any improvement.
Currently I play with EFB to texture, CPU->EFB access and Auto(integral) scale (I don't think the scale affects this anyway).
I found out the problem, I enabled the ZTP Hack as Projection Hack and not in the video settings.
Sorry for being so dumb... Rolleyes
Now I'm playing at 1680x1050 fullscreen, 4x AA, bi/tri linear filtering, 16x anisotropic filtering, internal resolution auto (fractional) and copy EFB to RAM. All works fine (and I have the map)!
The question is, what's the difference in enabling the ZTP hack in the video settings rather than in the projection hack?
(11-06-2010, 04:53 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]By the way the Hyrule Field speed hack won't work unless dual core is enabled, so make sure it is indeed enabled in the configuration, both in the game properties and actual configuration.
Just for curiosity, why do you say to enable dual core both in the general settings and the game properties? Since the game properties are set to "neutral" (the square) it should use the general settings, am I wrong?

Quote:Just for curiosity, why do you say to enable dual core both in the general settings and the game properties? Since the game properties are set to "neutral" (the square) it should use the general settings, am I wrong?

Reread his post. He's basically saying to check game properties as well to make sure it's not disabled there since it will override the global setting.

Quote:The question is, what's the difference in enabling the ZTP hack in the video settings rather than in the projection hack?

You are referring to two completely different hacks. The TP bloom hack is a projection hack. The ZTP speedup hack is a completely different hack for a completely different purpose.
The bloom hack isn't even needed for ZTP anymore, I really wish the developers would rename it since it just causes confusion and only breaks things such as the mini map.

You want to enable the ZTP speed hack in the game properties, not the bloom/projection hack. The projection hack is useless for this game and has been for a while. The ZTP speed hack will only work with dual core enabled which is why I was asking if it was enabled in both the general configuration and game properties. Yes the undetermined box in game properties should be good enough as long as dual core is enabled in the general configuration. I tend to enable dual core in both the general configuration and game properties just to be sure it takes effect.
OK, now it's all clear. Smile

mic81784

I couldn't find any system requirements for CPU speed, just "as fast as possible". Can my rig play this with acceptable framerates?

AMD Athlon 64 X2 Dual Core 4400+ 2.3GHz
3GB RAM
Gtx 260
Well, the only problem I have in the entire Game is the Sound. In the certain parts of the game, the music simply vanish with no apparent reason like the ending credits.

I know about this inssue and we have the same problem in Super Mario Galaxy 2, but this problem is a little annoying
Quote:I couldn't find any system requirements for CPU speed, just "as fast as possible". Can my rig play this with acceptable framerates?

No. That cpu is insufficient.

@Miden
Not the only problem. I also noticed a bloom offset issue in recent revisions. Anyways unless a nintendo representative shows up and hands us the documentation for the zelda ucode we have no way of knowing what is wrong.
Hey, pretty sure this has been answered before, and I would go back and check for it...if this forum weren't 98 pages long. So I'll just ask.

I do have sound, but I'm pretty sure that I'm missing the background music. And other stuff. I'm new, so I have no idea if I need another plug-in or if its in the settings.

Help?
Thanks