Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Amin96

Sorry for being a bit rude here, but seriosly, how many more times are you gonna ask that question? Your Intel core i3 processor at 2.4ghz will never let you run Hyrule field at 30 fps, deal with it or buy a desktop...
(09-07-2011, 04:43 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]But the newer build is the one with the problem. The older build (7692M) shows the correct behavior. Test 7692.

Doh! Face to palm
How do I apply the bloom hack? I've looked all over the place and I can't seem to find it. I see the ZTP hack when I right click on Twilight Princess and go to the properties there, but that's the only thing I see.

Am I missing something or is ZTP hack it? I'm running Dolphin revision 3.0 if that helps.
ZTP hack, also in the game config menu under Projection, select Zelda Twilight Princess Bloom Hack
(09-08-2011, 07:21 AM)LReyomeXX Wrote: [ -> ]ZTP hack, also in the game config menu under Projection, select Zelda Twilight Princess Bloom Hack

Thank you! I totally missed that.

IzzyZX

In advance, sorry for the bad english. >_<
I know that's an old problem but Twilight Princess crashes a LOT with me. I've used many svns (3.0, r7714, r7503) and none of them solved the problem, I play for 10~15 minutes and it stops, funny thing is that the music is still playing. The game runs fine before crashes and I don't have problems with any other games. Sorry if that's a dumb question but I can't find anything related to it.. :S
Quote:Thanks for the info, little disappointing though was hoping for 60fps, at-least it's good that it's not my HW : ]

TP runs at 30 fps. 60 fps would be 200% gamespeed.

@IzzyZX

Try using revision 6505.

@Citano

Try turning off "Skip EFB Access from CPU". Also make sure you don't have any projection hacks on (right click the game in the main menu, go to game properties, check to make sure Projection is empty). I want you to try and see if there are any settings which can break it on d3d9. Also see if it's fixed in d3d11.
(09-08-2011, 09:51 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]@Citano
Try turning off "Skip EFB Access from CPU". Also make sure you don't have any projection hacks on (right click the game in the main menu, go to game properties, check to make sure Projection is empty). I want you to try and see if there are any settings which can break it on d3d9. Also see if it's fixed in d3d11.

* turning off "Skip EFB Access from CPU" it remains the same.
* trying D3D11 gives me the bloom effect again like in the newer revision + current one with OpenGL.

* using these game properties settings (mainly default ones)
[Image: 24vsmle.png]

* with d3d9 i get the bloom effect back by changing EFB Copies from turning off Virtual and turning on RAM.
* i get no bloom problem if i have both Virtual and RAM enabled
* i get the "upper-left" screwup problem and screwed up Map by having both Virtual and RAM turned off (same as turning on "Disabled")

The choice for Virtual does not exist it seems in the newer revisions and it got "Texture" instead with the extra option with "Enable Cache" and the Texture Cache Accuracy slider.
Not sure if that is actually where the problem persists but might got something to do about the bloom effect.
Well then I have my answer. The texture cache rewrite appears to have fixed it by breaking the bloom effect.

The texture cache rewrite was unmerged from the main branch due to all the problems it was causing, even though it fixes some things at the moment it is still too buggy and causes way more problems than it fixes.

Can you do another comparison shot? This time take a screenshot with each build at sunset at lake hylia. This spot/time should have a lot of bloom. This is just so that I can confirm that it removes the effect completely rather than fixing it.
(09-08-2011, 02:21 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Can you do another comparison shot? This time take a screenshot with each build at sunset at lake hylia. This spot/time should have a lot of bloom. This is just so that I can confirm that it removes the effect completely rather than fixing it.

went to the top of the tower'ish place in the southwest of Lake Hylia.
Hopefully it was something like this you were after (can post full screenshot rather than cut-outs if you want instead of cut-outs)

[Image: mmr574.png]

EDIT: had OpenGL on the right picture but its still gloom effect but Link looks more like the 7692 version