Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-15-2011, 08:54 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]The cpu thread needs to be running faster than dsp/video (bottleneck on dsp/video thread) for their to be any speedup. If the cpu thread is bottlenecking it it won't make any difference.
Lake Hylia, for example, will run at 140% (holding tab) with DSP HLE, but only about 80% with DSP LLE. So I don't think the main CPUs are the issue.
Hi all - first time poster!

First I'd like to give big love to NaturalViolence, Xtreme2damax & Kipston.
The feedback you have put/ are putting into this thread is amazing!
Keep up the good work!!

I'd been playing ZTP on rev7283 as it was the latest one when I came to download Dolphin. I read the wiki and made the adjustments suggested there. I got up to the part in the game where you have to find the Master Sword. I noticed the game had begun to slow down a lot (as mentioned in this thread countless times). Hyrule Field was down to 8fps and the sacred grove area was around 15fps. Gerudo Desert was 8-9fps and Arbiters Grounds was 12-14fps

So I did some reading through this thread and downloaded Xtreme's latest build (7236M). The speed difference is amazing!
I now get 25-30fps in arbiters grounds and Gerudo desert went up to 20fps!

Hyrule Field is better now too at ~16fps

I havent noticed any big issues with the sound

For the crashes when you try to do the howling rocks I used save states and unchecked MMU in the game properties

For the crash after seeing Zelda the second time I justed skipped the cinematic

Screenshot:
Gerudo Desert now at 20fps with Xtreme's R7236 was previously 9fps on R7283
[Image: GZ2E01-1.png]

As you can see the minimap is grey as i'm using EFB Copy to Texture for speed improvement
Thanks again
(03-15-2011, 11:06 PM)frodonz Wrote: [ -> ]Speed, blah blah

I dont know what are your settings but if your specs are these on your sig, you should REALLY oc that quad processor. 2.4ghz is not enough to run dolphin at fullspeed and that's mostly why you're getting such slow speeds.

Also, get Windows x64 versions, and you'll be running the thing much faster compared to the x86 ones.

For reference, I used a E2140 at 3.2ghz with a HD4670 long time ago, and I was getting at least 50fps on these areas (except Hyrule field, of course).
Agreed

I've been looking at upgrading to 64bit Windows 7 for a while now - this just might be the motivation to do it. Not too confident on doing an OC - I would need to get better cooling as I just have stock - and i'd probably need a better PSU as I think my graphics card is slightly underpowered by what I already have Blush

I'm enjoying the game regardless of the speed issues - much better with R7236

The game is very similar to OoT though isn't it - the 4 ghosts hiding in different parts of Arbiters Grounds ... Forest Temple anyone... ? I'm not complaining though - nostalgia is priceless Big Grin

Thanks!

(03-16-2011, 06:50 AM)Elratauru Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-15-2011, 11:06 PM)frodonz Wrote: [ -> ]Speed, blah blah

I dont know what are your settings but if your specs are these on your sig, you should REALLY oc that quad processor. 2.4ghz is not enough to run dolphin at fullspeed and that's mostly why you're getting such slow speeds.

Also, get Windows x64 versions, and you'll be running the thing much faster compared to the x86 ones.

For reference, I used a E2140 at 3.2ghz with a HD4670 long time ago, and I was getting at least 50fps on these areas (except Hyrule field, of course).

Hmm, I'm running r7236 and i can say from the last version I had its much better.
Though I'm only getting 23-25fps in the path to the forest temple I know its not bad but its enough to notice and it sometimes gets annoying. I was looking at the dolphin site it says theres a 7357 build when did this happen??
(03-15-2011, 11:06 PM)frodonz Wrote: [ -> ]Hi all - first time poster!

First I'd like to give big love to NaturalViolence, Xtreme2damax & Kipston.
The feedback you have put/ are putting into this thread is amazing!
Keep up the good work!!

I'd been playing ZTP on rev7283 as it was the latest one when I came to download Dolphin. I read the wiki and made the adjustments suggested there. I got up to the part in the game where you have to find the Master Sword. I noticed the game had begun to slow down a lot (as mentioned in this thread countless times). Hyrule Field was down to 8fps and the sacred grove area was around 15fps. Gerudo Desert was 8-9fps and Arbiters Grounds was 12-14fps

So I did some reading through this thread and downloaded Xtreme's latest build (7236M). The speed difference is amazing!
I now get 25-30fps in arbiters grounds and Gerudo desert went up to 20fps!

Hyrule Field is better now too at ~16fps

I havent noticed any big issues with the sound

For the crashes when you try to do the howling rocks I used save states and unchecked MMU in the game properties

For the crash after seeing Zelda the second time I justed skipped the cinematic

Screenshot:
Gerudo Desert now at 20fps with Xtreme's R7236 was previously 9fps on R7283
[Image: GZ2E01-1.png]

As you can see the minimap is grey as i'm using EFB Copy to Texture for speed improvement
Thanks again

I think some 6xxx revision gave me constant 30 FPS.

EDIT: It's revision 6075. Wink
Quote:I think some 6xxx revision gave me constant 30 FPS.

EDIT: It's revision 6075.

Who compiled it?

I've noticed that Mamario's builds sometimes have performance issues that builds by lectrode or xtreme2damax (even the unoptimized builds) do not have. Especially recently.
(03-16-2011, 10:22 PM)Kipston Wrote: [ -> ]I think some 6xxx revision gave me constant 30 FPS.

EDIT: It's revision 6075. Wink

R6075 gave me this error when I tried to run the game
"Error loading Plugin_Wiimote.dll: can't read info"

the dll file is there I haven't messed with the file structure
this is the download link
http://download1077.mediafire.com/s143zo...n-r6075.7z

stamatis

Hi everyone here Smile
My first post hoping wont annoy anyone ;p
Ok im trying to make this...playable in hyrule field...anyhelp?Smile

Inbar

Can you go through the game without all the howling?