Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-20-2011, 04:45 PM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]I'd love to see how high the 2600k can push The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess in Hyrule Field without a limiter. =)

I can post a screen dump tomorrow when my vacation starts to show you how high it went.
I won't have access to my rigs today sadly.
I'm excited in how it will turn out.

I hope the pic you linked was a Wii version. Is there even a difference in the GC and Wii in Hyrule Field?
(04-21-2011, 03:42 AM)tuanming Wrote: [ -> ]I hope the pic you linked was a Wii version. Is there even a difference in the GC and Wii in Hyrule Field?

Nope Big Grin If you looked closely you would see that it was the GC version I played with.
And to be honest I don't think it differs that much between the two.

Anyway thankfully it's Thursday tomorrow so I can test this a little bit further.

AFAIK, on real consoles, only differences is that the wii version has the world mirrored (quickest way to fix the left handed Link model) and proper widescreen support (something which I think should have been doable on the gamecube version).

As far as emulation goes, I'm not sure if there's a difference but I guess if there is one, it would be that the gamecube version runs better.
I've said this several times in this thread already but I'll say it again anyways. The only differences between the GC/Wii versions are:

1. World is flipped
2. Manual camera is only in the GC version
3. Widescreen is only in the wii version
4. Controls

Other than that they are completely identical in every other way.
nah, the wii version is more crap.
Here's the screen dumps:

HLE - Framelimit off in Hyrule Field

http://img713.imageshack.us/i/60526805.png

LLE - Framelimit off in Hyrule Field

http://img14.imageshack.us/i/22008977.png

Pretty nice and impressive results I must say.

Oh.. and there is absolutely no OC involved, only stock clocks.
That's some impressive fps results from a stock 2600k. So, low 30's is your average fps in Hyrule Field with HLE. It makes me want to get a Core i7 2500k or 2600k, but I must resist... I'll wait for Ivy Bridge or Sandy Bridge E platform. Unless, I'm crazy or desperate for need of SPEED! Tongue By the way, what is your ddr3 ram speed? You should put that 6950 in your Core i7, it's a waste on the amd system/setup.
Help! The game's been running fine, little slow in Hyrule Field even with ZTP hack on. BUT right after SPOILER ALERT Zelda saves Midna, the game crashes just as I'm being teleported back into Hyrule Field, saying:

Quote:ERROR: Trying to compile at 0. LR=802f6aa8

I've tried this with MMU on and off, with BAT on and off... no difference except with BAT on it didnt pop the error text, just froze. Anyone have ANY idea what I can do to stop this?
(04-21-2011, 02:18 PM)Squall Leonhart Wrote: [ -> ]nah, the wii version is more crap.

Yeh, I get better FPS in Hyrule Field with GC version. I am not sure why, though.