Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Which build is recommended to run TP now?
Whichever one you prefer. I would say anything after 6057 since that is when the TP speedup hack was committed. I personally use 5462 patched with the TP speedup hack, but it's a custom build. This is one of the games where newer is USUALLY better.
@NaturalViolence
I am willing to test this game on a Q6700 @ 2.66 GHz with ATI 5670. Will I get full speeds at 720p? Because I again love this game since I cruised through the whole Field with good speed on my e7500 and G73 Tongue
sse3, sse4.1, ssse3. which should i use for TP if i have core2duoe7400?
@darmani

Whatever you want. Some people say a newer version of sse will improve performance but quite frankly I have yet to see a shred of evidence that this is true. In fact no matter how hard I try I am unable to get any difference in performance at all from one version to another in my testing. This makes sense since dolphin was designed with sse2 in mind and everything I know about compilers would tend to suggest that compiling for sse3/4.1 should make no difference at all. But I do know that all sse optimized builds have to be compiled with ICC and dolphin has some problems when it is compiled with ICC that aren't their in the regular unoptimized builds, for example opengl performance is far lower in any "sse optimized" builds compiled with ICC. So I personally stick with unoptimized builds. But you can try them out and see if they make any difference for you.

@Arpit
Well a 5670 is more than powerful enough for 720p, in fact it is powerful enough for 1080p and MIGHT even be powerful enough for 1080p + 4xSSAA. However the cpu has me concerned. 2.66 GHz is still a little low for a core 2 quad in this game. You will probably get fullspeed in most places but will still get small/medium dips in a lot of places. My Q6600 running at 3.2GHz is barely able to get fullspeed in most places and I can name some spots where it dips significantly. But check it out and see. Keep in mind though when you are changing to the new cpu that your new cpu will consume 30-40 watts more power than your previous, I bring this up since you talked about you shitty power supply being a potential problem back when you were asking what video card to get. But try it and see, you might still have enough power.
(10-01-2010, 02:34 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]@Arpit
Well a 5670 is more than powerful enough for 720p, in fact it is powerful enough for 1080p and MIGHT even be powerful enough for 1080p + 4xSSAA. However the cpu has me concerned. 2.66 GHz is still a little low for a core 2 quad in this game. You will probably get fullspeed in most places but will still get small/medium dips in a lot of places. My Q6600 running at 3.2GHz is barely able to get fullspeed in most places and I can name some spots where it dips significantly. But check it out and see. Keep in mind though when you are changing to the new cpu that your new cpu will consume 30-40 watts more power than your previous, I bring this up since you talked about you shitty power supply being a potential problem back when you were asking what video card to get. But try it and see, you might still have enough power.

I have more epic problem than that. I have same processor as yours. Q6600 @ 2.4 GHz. I tested it on brawl, and I noticed my FPS to 45-50 than on my e7500's constant 60. But that is hardly noticable... Tongue

Maybe I should test TP and see what can I do...
Well remember dolphin only uses 2 threads so number of cores makes almost no difference. And that clock rate on that e7500 is 533 MHz higher so I would expect that.
Yeah but that dual core had many other loads like net, Windows Explorer of Win7, antiviruses, etc. They had used up the potential of my Dual Core too. With Quad Core, I have 2 DEDICATED Cores to Dolphin. And yeah, at most I had to play at smaller resolution, but it do not effect on my already small monitor... Tongue

UPDATE : Tested Playing @ Castle in Twilight Princess... Really suffered severe FPS Loss... Hope Overclocking and New GPU will make up... Planning to hit my e7500's 2.9 or 3 GHz on Stock cooling...

UPDATE 2 : Reworked with some settings and got frames equal to my previous Dual Core. Looks like reduced load on Dolphin Cores did the job... Tongue
Don't ever overclock on stock cooling!! You hear me? NEVER!
Hello fellow Dolphin users, I have a question regarding Zelda TP(GC version).

I'm running the game pretty well even though my specs aren't superb(Athlon X2 2.7 GHZ Black Edition, 2GB Ram 800 MHZ, Geforce 8600 GT 512MB DDR2, Windows XP 32-bit), but after changing areas several times(which would normally happen after 1-2 hours of gameplay) the emulator crashes, with the default Windows error message. It mostly crashes when loading a new area. Are there any stability hacks/options for avoiding this that you would recommend?

I'm using Dolphin r6239 ATM, with the Bloom Projection hack and the speedup hack. Emulator's option screenies follow. Smile

[attachment=4408]
[attachment=4411]
[attachment=4410]
[attachment=4412]
[attachment=4413]

EDIT: How can I put this on a spoiler?