Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hi
i want to know how to get more FPS in ZTP GC using the openGL because i get in hyrule field 22FPS using the direct3D9 and EFB to texture
my specs is:
INTEL core i3 2.4GHz 4CPUs
ATI mobility radeon hd 5470 512 Mb
directx 11
RAM 4Go

shyninja

so far the gamecube version is the most stable for me. only problems im having now are with save states.
don't use the save states,use the save whow are in the game it's safe and no problem with it,and i want an answer from my last question.
afaik openGL is far slower than direct3D. So you won't have any chance with that.

pantherx12

Is this capped to 30fps or is this game just hard to emulate? ( although having said that I'm just in faron ( non twilight) and the games dropped down to 22 any way of fixing this? Seems odd that the game slows down with my hardware.

No graphical settings seam to make a big impact ( cept running the internal resolution at the crazy high resolution makes the game run at 20fps)

And nothing I try elsewhere seems to make it go any faster either.

HW is :
Phenom x6 at 3.34ghz ( summer + cheap mobo meant I had to lower my overclock, will be going to 3.64 soon)
8gb ddr3 1600mhz (timings are average sort of 9-9-9 etc)
GPU is HD6870 at default clock speed.

Judging from the wiki I'd say yeah but it doesn't implicitly state that it is the case.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

By the by, so much nicer playing this game with high resolution and AA.

(09-05-2011, 09:11 AM)amin96 Wrote: [ -> ]hi
i want to know how to get more FPS in ZTP GC using the openGL because i get in hyrule field 22FPS using the direct3D9 and EFB to texture
my specs is:
INTEL core i3 2.4GHz 4CPUs
ATI mobility radeon hd 5470 512 Mb
directx 11
RAM 4Go

I doubt you're going to get over 22 FPS in that area with your CPU only running at 2.4 GHz. Dolphin relies a lot on the speed the CPU is running at.

OC your CPU to run at 3 GHz at minimum and you'll probably see a FPS improvement.

(09-06-2011, 04:40 PM)pantherx12 Wrote: [ -> ]Is this capped to 30fps or is this game just hard to emulate? ( although having said that I'm just in faron ( non twilight) and the games dropped down to 22 any way of fixing this? Seems odd that the game slows down with my hardware.

No graphical settings seam to make a big impact ( cept running the internal resolution at the crazy high resolution makes the game run at 20fps)

And nothing I try elsewhere seems to make it go any faster either.

HW is :
Phenom x6 at 3.34ghz ( summer + cheap mobo meant I had to lower my overclock, will be going to 3.64 soon)
8gb ddr3 1600mhz (timings are average sort of 9-9-9 etc)
GPU is HD6870 at default clock speed.

Judging from the wiki I'd say yeah but it doesn't implicitly state that it is the case.

Thanks for any help you can offer.

By the by, so much nicer playing this game with high resolution and AA.

Based on what I've seen so far it looks like the game is capped at 30 FPS unless you completely turn framerate limit off, which could result in abnormal game speed. If you're getting 30 FPS you're pretty much emulating the game correctly.
Widescreen hack isn't working in the GC version for me. Using Dolphin R7719. Dolphin 3.0.77 GIT gave the same result.
(09-07-2011, 06:26 AM)Vegeta Wrote: [ -> ]Widescreen hack isn't working in the GC version for me. Using Dolphin R7719. Dolphin 3.0.77 GIT gave the same result.

That's because it's just that a hack.
(09-07-2011, 06:44 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(09-07-2011, 06:26 AM)Vegeta Wrote: [ -> ]Widescreen hack isn't working in the GC version for me. Using Dolphin R7719. Dolphin 3.0.77 GIT gave the same result.

That's because it's just that a hack.

I know what it is. And it works. I just needed to force aspect ratio to 16:9.

Thanks for the help...NOT!
(09-07-2011, 06:57 AM)Vegeta Wrote: [ -> ]Thanks for the help...NOT!
It's not like you were being particularly verbose on your problem... so you can't really blame him.