Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-13-2011, 07:34 PM)Kamikoopa Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guys,

I have been using Dolphin and playing Twilight Princess which absolutely no problems, 100%, 30FPS, all good.

Over time the music / sound affects would start to play up and sound odd, but I ignored it.
Now, recently after getting to the Twilight Mirror for the first time, the whole game has gone completely bugged music wise...

1- Sound effects are now missing
2- Bleeps and bloops from menu interaction etc
3- Music popping in and out but mostly completely gone

I loaded an older save and it was completely back to normal, all sound effects and music perfect, loaded the most recent save after the Twilight Mirror scene and all missing

Played with DSP settings or whatever, cannot fix.
Tried Dolphin 3.0 and the latest R7 or whatever, cannot fix

[EDIT] - Instead of loading a save state, I loaded the game from the memory card A, and now all music / sound effects back to normal, odd.

Save states are not very reliable.
(08-12-2011, 08:38 AM)DarzgL Wrote: [ -> ]Just found out that the problem was coming from AF... Just had to turn it to 1x and everything's fine now. Smile
However I heard many people saying that DX11 was faster than DX9 in recent revs, but DX9 is still faster than DX11 for me, even though I have a DX11 compliant card.
@gaia : the so-called "improved pixel shaders" you're talking about are present in any recent $50 chip. BTW I don't know where you found all this information, but it's rather unreliable. I highly doubt the GC/Wii use hardware tesselation. Get your facts straight before bragging and despising the devs.

in dolphin 3.0 dx11 has a huge improvement from the last rev i played zelda(7436)

i can play full 30 dps even with skip EFB acces with cpu EFB copies to ram i love the map in dx 11 Smile
[Image: zeldadx11.th.png]

BTW zelda hack does it work for GC version but not for the wii Big Grin
(08-13-2011, 03:11 AM)stunt789 Wrote: [ -> ]does dolphin still crash when you try to use the stones and whistle while as a dog. it always crashs for me when i try to initate that.

Yes, I have had the howling problem. in the goron mine i just kept trying untill i got past it.
and just happened again after jumping from the bridge near lake hylia with the plants. (sorry at work right now may not be the right name.) I haven't tried to get past the plants yet. will see.
If you get crashes, you should try r6298. I've been playing through half of the game on this rev and I never got any crash.
(08-15-2011, 08:42 AM)DarzgL Wrote: [ -> ]If you get crashes, you should try r6298. I've been playing through half of the game on this rev and I never got any crash.

I appreciate that advice. Unfortunately I haven't been able to impliment multiple revisions to my satisfaction. I have multiple users on this system and I have got it rather appliance like at this point. I don't need people digging around in folders over here got to much running at once.

I assure you if I get locked out of playing because of the howl crash or any other, I will be giving R6298 a try.

Kamikoopa

I have been using every build that has been released, i'm now up to using r7714, I am up to the Sky Temple and have not had a SINGLE crash, further more only 80% on Hyrule Field and 100% everywhere else, completely playable and no glitches etc.
Using 4X Internal memory for the graphics, on a 580 GTX.
tried again using the howling rock in the goron valley( the first one) and it worked this time in dolphin 3.0. only it crashed after a breif cut scene and i was suppose to press the A button to howl again. but the werid thing was dolphin was still running with a frozen screen( i ctrl, alt, delete to exit program).
The game hangs in 3.0 x64 (standard, not optimized) when I try to enter the Zora throne chamber after having shown the yeti drawing to a zora guard. It happens with both LLE and LLE on thread. I haven't tested with HLE yet. Using the DX9 plugin. Check the post attachments.
Is it a known bug ? How can I solve it ?
guys i just downloaded the r7716 and tested the game this was my reaction :O this deserves full ss size Heart
High ress map and textures yay! me rly happy :3
[Image: omgpv.jpg]
That's nice, but how did you get your map to show, all i get is an ash looking map, which i cant see most of the time bcos it merges with the background