Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-08-2011, 07:49 AM)IzzyZX Wrote: [ -> ]In advance, sorry for the bad english. >_<
I know that's an old problem but Twilight Princess crashes a LOT with me. I've used many svns (3.0, r7714, r7503) and none of them solved the problem, I play for 10~15 minutes and it stops, funny thing is that the music is still playing. The game runs fine before crashes and I don't have problems with any other games. Sorry if that's a dumb question but I can't find anything related to it.. :S

Settings? Specs?
Quote:went to the top of the tower'ish place in the southwest of Lake Hylia.
Hopefully it was something like this you were after (can post full screenshot rather than cut-outs if you want instead of cut-outs)

Yes that's perfect, thank you. It looks like the bloom effect is indeed totally gone/broken in 7692M so it was never really "fixed", just removed. I noticed the image on the right is very blurred, like you took the screenshot with a low internal resolution. Can you give me the same screenshot in 3.0 - 79 but with d3d9 using a high internal resolution? And let me take a look at your settings for 3.0 - 79.
(07-27-2011, 08:01 AM)DarzgL Wrote: [ -> ]Are the sun rays broken in 3.0 ? Or do I need to enable a specific option ? I'm a bit lost with all the new features and organization in the option menu.

Uncheck fast mipmaps. This is what broke it for me in 3.0.

Ultimately though, just use 6054 for Twilight Princess. It's absolutely perfect for that game.
(09-09-2011, 06:58 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Yes that's perfect, thank you. It looks like the bloom effect is indeed totally gone/broken in 7692M so it was never really "fixed", just removed. I noticed the image on the right is very blurred, like you took the screenshot with a low internal resolution. Can you give me the same screenshot in 3.0 - 79 but with d3d9 using a high internal resolution? And let me take a look at your settings for 3.0 - 79.

Both below using d3d9

[Image: 123qwl2.png]

Settings for my 3.0-79:

[Image: 2mpldgj.png]
Perfect (although next time you should make them a lot bigger, just leave the images files at the original size and upload those, I can compare them by flipping between tabs in my browser, you don't have to cut and paste them into one image file). Alright thanks, it's exactly as I thought. You can clearly see the silhouette of the bloom offset copies in this image, the problem is we still don't know:

1. What it's supposed to look like on the real hardware

2. How it's supposed to work on the real hardware

Until we have those two things the devs won't be able to identify/fix the problem.
well what about the option on the 7692 about EFB copies to Virtual? Its seemingly not the same as to Texture so it must be something inside there that does something with it.
(I have no clue of how the coding for those two are in terms of differences)
virtual = texture

It's the same option, they just renamed it is all.
Hey Everyone.

I've been digging through this thread and have been trying several revisions. I can't seem to find the best one. I also took a look at the wiki but it's not very clear.

MY rigs is a
I5-2500k OCed 3.7g
8gigs of Ram
ATI Radeon 5670 1g

Can anyone advise the best revision to use?

Thanks in advance.
There is no "best revision". Just use 3.0, it's the latest official version. With the exception of recent texture cache rewrite builds most builds between 5500-7500 should show little to no difference with this game.
(09-09-2011, 02:16 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]There is no "best revision". Just use 3.0, it's the latest official version. With the exception of recent texture cache rewrite builds most builds between 5500-7500 should show little to no difference with this game.

What I mean to ask is what revision people have the most success with. And it's not 3.0 from what I've read and tested so far.

I just want others opinions and experiences it's what this thread is for. Being dismissive is jsut counter productive. Thanks for your time though.