Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-18-2010, 04:13 AM)StripTheSoul Wrote: [ -> ]@ NaturalViolence: Heya, one question since you seem to be working on the wiki now and then: Do you have any idea how to change the compatibility ratings on the game listings? Months ago I could click on edit, then change a value somewhere and it would be changed...but now it seems to work differently...?

Thx

In order to maintain alignment between ratings shown in different places in the wiki a ratings template system is used. A section was added to the Main Page linking to the various ratings templates, making them a bit easier to find.
Yep, thanks, but I've found it already Smile

brz-.-

Can anyone tell me the average fps on hyrule field ?

I have a 260 GtX and a i720 , my average is 23 fps .

Saw one movie in youtube claiming he could play the full 30 with a modified Direct3D plugin:

youtube

I'v tweak everything up and 23 is my max.

I'm currently using R 6115 SSE4.2(64bit)
(08-26-2010, 08:50 PM)brz-.- Wrote: [ -> ]Can anyone tell me the average fps on hyrule field ?

I have a 260 GtX and a i720 , my average is 23 fps .

Saw one movie in youtube claiming he could play the full 30 with a modified Direct3D plugin:

youtube

I'v tweak everything up and 23 is my max.

I'm currently using R 6115 SSE4.2(64bit)

At 720p resolution, 25 FPS average (32-bit emulator) with the hacked D3D plugin. 18 FPS average w/o the hack.

My specs:

Processor: i7-860 (2.8 GHz)
Graphics card: ATI Sapphire 4650, 1 GB

The emulator obviously doesn't load the areas properly. It renders everything, including invisible artifacts. This is very noticeable as you progress in the game and contrary to what most people believe, it is not limited to Hyrule Field.

You can OC your processor to get better FPS, but IMO, it's not worth it.
on 720p/1080p res. it's really difficult to get past 25-27 average fps even with the hack turned on in hyrule field, even on massive overclock of cpu/gpu.

also, it says this in his vid.
Quote:I manage about 27 fps out of the full speed of 30
By using the settings from my ZTP config guide (X2D 6075, german thread has pics), I'm able to maintain 30fps in average (to 99.5% of situations) in 1080p (1920x1080), but you really need the 4-GHz...

Recording with fraps is draining a lot of CPU-Power, maybe some Hexacore owner with 4GHz will be able to record a video with constant 30fps.

Your graphics card is playing a smaller role, with everything over 8800GT you are in the boat Smile

E: I've been asked in both ger and engl. threads if the speed-hack will work for Wii too, so does it?
(08-27-2010, 11:26 PM)Running Postman Wrote: [ -> ]Recording with fraps is draining a lot of CPU-Power, maybe some Hexacore owner with 4GHz will be able to record a video with constant 30fps.

Well, you can always record at lower FPS to alleviate the CPU usage and then speed the video up with a video/audio editor. The only problem is some sound effects will play at normal speed regardless of FPS --- because I think these sound files are played directly from the disk and not within the game.

When you are uploading videos to youtube, the HD quality is not that great because youtube encodes HD videos in low bitrate -- having said that, this will greatly affect videos with intensive graphics and animation. So really, recording at 1080p is a waste of time.

Here is a sample video in 1080p: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MgnqJ2bgCps
Yeah, I too am running 4Ghz and it's giving a constant 30FPS with the hack. Seems like those getting a constant 30fps in 1080p are all around 4Ghz.

gart117

I saw a thread earlier about r5981 and used it and all the settings suggested, including the speed hack, and now I am getting 30fps constant in all of hyrule from what I can tell. before I would get some drops down to like 24 sometimes, but now it seems solid. FYI I just completed the zora temple, and hyrule is fine after that, but I am not sure if there is more slowdown that is supposed to come along after this point. With anti aliasing on to 4x some sections of hyrule gave me major framrate drops still, so I turned that off as well as anisotropy filtering and then I encountered no slowdown, but I don't know if the cause is the aliasing or the anisotropy filtering or a mixture of both, I havent tested.

my specs are
Core i5-750 @ 3.8ghz
8800gt 512mb
and my monitor is 1440x900
Quote:I saw a thread earlier about r5981 and used it and all the settings suggested, including the speed hack, and now I am getting 30fps constant in all of hyrule from what I can tell. before I would get some drops down to like 24 sometimes, but now it seems solid. FYI I just completed the zora temple, and hyrule is fine after that, but I am not sure if there is more slowdown that is supposed to come along after this point. With anti aliasing on to 4x some sections of hyrule gave me major framrate drops still, so I turned that off as well as anisotropy filtering and then I encountered no slowdown, but I don't know if the cause is the aliasing or the anisotropy filtering or a mixture of both, I havent tested.

AA has nothing to do with the slowdown. All of that is completely normal. Even at 1440 x 900 (1200 x 900 if your running in 4:3) an 8800GT is not sufficient to run ALL areas at fullspeed with 4xSSAA. The TP speedup hack has now been committed to the svn so you will no longer need to download special builds or apply the patch yourself. And yes after lakebed temple is when the slowdown becomes really bad so you know the speedup hack is working.