Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(11-17-2011, 10:45 AM)calc84maniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2011, 09:05 AM)bballsfun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for the help! I changed the fb setting and it seemed to help a little in some of the areas! Hyrule field is still pretty rough though. Do a lot of people who play this OC their CPUs? I checked my task manager while playing in Hyrule and it said that the CPU was only 60% in use at max usually closer to 50%. Is there a way to allocate more of the CPU towards the game that would help smooth out Hyrule?

Thanks again for the help!
I'm guessing you're using a dual-core. 50% means a single core is maxed out, and the extra 10% or so is stuff that's shoved onto the other core (when that option is enabled). So no, there's nothing wrong with your computer's CPU allocation.

No!! He has a quad-core, and dual core mode is filling up 2 cores!
(11-17-2011, 12:49 PM)HawaiianPunch Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2011, 10:45 AM)calc84maniac Wrote: [ -> ]
(11-17-2011, 09:05 AM)bballsfun Wrote: [ -> ]Hi,

Thanks for the help! I changed the fb setting and it seemed to help a little in some of the areas! Hyrule field is still pretty rough though. Do a lot of people who play this OC their CPUs? I checked my task manager while playing in Hyrule and it said that the CPU was only 60% in use at max usually closer to 50%. Is there a way to allocate more of the CPU towards the game that would help smooth out Hyrule?

Thanks again for the help!
I'm guessing you're using a dual-core. 50% means a single core is maxed out, and the extra 10% or so is stuff that's shoved onto the other core (when that option is enabled). So no, there's nothing wrong with your computer's CPU allocation.

No!! He has a quad-core, and dual core mode is filling up 2 cores!

Oh, I see his CPU model now. It's actually dual core, but with hyperthreading capabilities so it can run 4 threads at once (very much like mine, I have an i5-430M). The task manager thinks it is 4 cores, though, and allocates 25% of cpu time display to each thread (even if it is taking up all the time on the core it resides on).
Quote:Do a lot of people who play this OC their CPUs?

Probably. But then again most people don't play it at fullspeed, they just learn to deal with it. And what on earth are "fb settings"?

Make sure lock threads to cores is on as well.
Just wanted to say that I've spent 5 days (40+ hours game file) replaying this game in Dolphin 3.0 getting 100% completion.
This might not be a big deal, but not getting a single crash or having any other weird issues is quite a big deal.

I don't know if these howling stone crashes is an urban myth or what but not once did it have a tendency to crash there.

If I'd just have had my real GameCube controller hooked up to the rig I would have thought that I played it on the real machine.

I think this game is shown as 4 stars in Dolphin today, for me it was a 5 star experience all the way.
Quote:I don't know if these howling stone crashes is an urban myth

.....an urban myth that causes hundreds of people to complain about it on an online forum......no. It is a very real problem that A LOT of people have to deal with, I myself have experienced it once. Do you use LLE audio by any chance?
Yes I use DSP LLE all the time, that's probably why I don't have had any crashes in any game I played.
Hi! A quick question. Dolphin just crashed on my and now my save game for the NTSC GC version of Zelda TP isn't recognised anymore. I was just after the Goron mines having defeated Fyrus - the Goron elder that turned evil.
If anyone has a save that he/she could share? I'd gladly appreciate it!

Thanks!
(11-19-2011, 12:36 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I use DSP LLE all the time, that's probably why I don't have had any crashes in any game I played.

I don't know if it's because i'm using the wii version but i never got a howling stone crash neither did i get any kind of recurring crash in the game, the GC version is faster than the wii but it has its problems
(11-19-2011, 12:36 AM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Yes I use DSP LLE all the time, that's probably why I don't have had any crashes in any game I played.

how to use dsp lle without rowing? I have a powerful pc
rowing?