Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(05-04-2010, 09:34 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]Are you playing with copy efb to ram or texture? From what I've read the blurriness is more persistent with copy efb to ram, although some minor blurriness likely exists with copy efb to texture.

iam using ram, when i change it to texture the mini map turns all white making it useless.
the pic below is when i change to texture, blur is gone but map is white/shaded out.
Hmm, can you post your settings because I don't have that problem.
heres my settings. let me know if u need more pics.
Oh the mini map, it seems you edited your post..

Yeah there's no real fix for that right now except for using copy efb to ram, hopefully the developers figure out how to fix the issues with copy efb to texture someday.

I usually just play with copy efb to texture since it's faster and the blurriness is not as persistent, then I use the large map by pressing Z for the Gamecube version.
thanks ^_^
Hi,

I'm trying to play TP in a decent way, but I can't managed it Sad
My config is :
Win 7 x64
Corde 2 Duo E6600 (an old one but it has some power inside Sleepy)
7600GT
4 Gig DDR2 1066

I've seen many people who have quite the same config as I have and try are playing this game nicely, why can't I ? The only difference is the Graphic card, but mine doesn't seem to sufer from the game, as I only get 3~4 extra FPS by playing the game in 1280 instead of 640... I do have 30FPS in many scene, but since the beginning of the 'dark' episode, I can't have more than ~15FPS... Is there something I'm missing ?

Thanks

PS : I've read a major part of the thread and I still can't find an answer to my problem...

PS2 : I've also tried to compile the SVN build (just in case), but Visual C++ just ignoring all of the project when I compile, don't know why... :/
Your performance is completely normal for those system specs. I'm also assuming your using HLE for audio, are you?
Yep, But I've tried with LLE, and that didn't change too much... But I've seen several users here who claim they're running TP with my config (except for the graphic card) at 30 FPS all the time ? oO
Quote:Yep, But I've tried with LLE, and that didn't change too much... But I've seen several users here who claim they're running TP with my config (except for the graphic card) at 30 FPS all the time ? oO

They're either lying or something is different. I asked about hle because using lle will cause major slowdowns. I'm also assuming you have audio throttle off and HLE the IPL, idle skipping, enable dual core, and jit recompiler are all enabled. If this is true then your settings are all where they should be. But looking at your setup I don't see how anyone could get fullspeed with that. It could be that they're saying they're running it fullspeed because most of the time is runs at fullspeed. I am guilty of that as well. My rig runs 95% of the game world at full speed, but faron woods with and without twilight, kakariko village with twilight, hyrule field late game, and lake hylia all run below fullspeed. I was getting around 20-25 fps when I was where you are in that screenshot, and my cpu is clocked 1/3 higher than yours so your performance makes sense.
(05-05-2010, 06:14 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]They're either lying or something is different.

Erf... Too bad, no TP for me Confused
Anyway, if somebody around here has quite the same hardware as I have and has managed to run TP smoothly, please let me know it here or PM me Big Grin