Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I'm sorry, but your PC is really old and weak. There's no way you could get TP running at a decent framerate with such a weak rig.
The quadrant problem is a known bug, you have to enable EFB copy to texture and scaled EFB copy to fix it.
And I suggest you to use the latest revision build from Xtreme2damax, since many issues have been solved since 2.0 came out.
I figured as much... Oh, well, I guess playing it on the actual console will have to do. I just wish that the GC Action Replay disc was rewriteable.

Hey, is there any way to save AR codes in the game itself? Maybe I could save the game with the Moonjump code activated, and then export the save with a homebrew app to a memory card...
(10-11-2010, 02:00 AM)AlphaGamma13 Wrote: [ -> ]I figured as much... Oh, well, I guess playing it on the actual console will have to do. I just wish that the GC Action Replay disc was rewriteable.

Hey, is there any way to save AR codes in the game itself? Maybe I could save the game with the Moonjump code activated, and then export the save with a homebrew app to a memory card...

I don't know about AR. But Yeah, your rig is very weak if seen from today's point of view. Even my Quad Core struggles to keep decent frames on 800x600, all thanks to weak GPU.

As far as I can guess, Action Replay is not something a console can replicate. So, according to me, You can't save codes on game itself. And also doing so is according to me is illegal, until you, by yourself hack the game and run it on modded GC.
I just found a problem, in the waterbed temple after I kill the boss, when he's dieing and the water in the place is lowering, the game suddenly freezes, the sound runs for a while but the FPS runs to 0, and still says it's going at 70-100%. The one I'm using is SVN R 6200
That problem is also encountered by me with some builds. Just quicksave at the point where the water drains. Then reload again and again until you get the thing right. I used this process for 2-3 mins.

Another thing you can use interpreter, which is probably the slowest thing in this universe. Or you can try disabling audio plugin for a while.

If you have PAL version of Twilight Princess, you can just post the quicksave and I will give you the quicksave after the freeze part... hope you understood... Wink
(10-11-2010, 06:51 PM)Arpit Wrote: [ -> ]That problem is also encountered by me with some builds. Just quicksave at the point where the water drains. Then reload again and again until you get the thing right. I used this process for 2-3 mins.

Another thing you can use interpreter, which is probably the slowest thing in this universe. Or you can try disabling audio plugin for a while.

If you have PAL version of Twilight Princess, you can just post the quicksave and I will give you the quicksave after the freeze part... hope you understood... Wink

Parden my noobiness, but what is quick saving? Is that Save State or something?

Also, I'm not sure how to disable the sound plugin, that's DSP right? When I switch to the other plugin for that, the emulator won't even start the game.
Quote:Also, I'm not sure how to disable the sound plugin, that's DSP right?

Your dsp plugin should be set to hle. Then go to the dsp settings and uncheck "enable hle audio" or whatever they call it, that disables the audio plugin.
(10-12-2010, 10:10 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Also, I'm not sure how to disable the sound plugin, that's DSP right?

Your dsp plugin should be set to hle. Then go to the dsp settings and uncheck "enable hle audio" or whatever they call it, that disables the audio plugin.

Yeah tried that, doesn't seem to help either.

Quote:Parden my noobiness, but what is quick saving? Is that Save State or something?

Yes, It is save state. But I call it as quicksave, sorry. Smile
Quote:Also, I'm not sure how to disable the sound plugin, that's DSP right? When I switch to the other plugin for that, the emulator won't even start the game.

Uncheck all the options in the DSP plugin config, that will disable it.
And which version do you use, NTSC or PAL?
If it is a PAL, I can help you and if you use NTSC, I will have to go other way round.
Either way, post the file of save state just after you defeat the boss.

Another solution is to use another build, preferably X2D's 6225.
The website won't let me attach my save state for some reason.