Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@StripTheSoul

I believe it is a mistake but I haven't tested it to make sure. If you test it and find that it's wrong feel free to change the wiki. I only patrol the GC TP entry on the wiki since I don't have the wii version.
Zack & Wiki needs XFB as well.

Anyways to be on topic, as of Revision 5846 the map works as well. For anyone interested as well, the link in my signature will take you to 5846 built with the Hyrule Field Speedup hack.
I just tried it. I had the map before working and now it doesn't haha.
You have to use the DX9 plugin with "EFB Copy to Ram" + "Check for textures modified by the CPU" options on. You are free to check the commit release notes of 5846 at
http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ail?r=5846
Yup..used those settings. I never had a map problem before and now I do with this build.

Edit: nm you guys must be talking about hyrule field map? still not working for me.

Okay working now.
It's working for everyone else, perhaps you enabled the bloom hack (not needed anymore) before testing? If so, this is known to kill the minimap, it also messes up controls on the Wii version without offering no benefit for Twilight Princess. This is the only thing I can think of as to why the minimap isn't working for you.

A quick bit of feedback, I noticed that the minimap is a bit messed up and not like it is on the actual hardware, there are some minor oddities that need to be ironed out. There's also a thin black line under the minimap with EFB to Ram enabled, but this was an issue in the past. Not perfect yet, but it's getting there, so far this was a phenomenal commit especially for the games that rely on Copy EFB to Ram to produce certain effects, all without a loss in quality.
Um...since when has efb to ram screwed up the map? Did I miss something? It has always been efb to ram fixes the map but creates the 1/4 screen blur while efb to texture fixes the 1/4 screen blur but screws up the map. Did this reverse at some point recently?
I'm not sure if you realize, but rodolfoosvaldobogado recently commited a long awaited commit that offers a nice speed boost with Copy EFB to Ram without any loss of quality, this also means a working mini-map without that annoying blur, goop cleaning is also working properly in Super Mario Sunshine. In the latest revisions enable "Copy EFB to Ram" and "Check for Textures Modified by the CPU".

I get a 14 - 16 FPS speedup in New Super Mario Bros. with Copy EFB to Ram, spinning coins and box animations work with no loss in graphics quality. With past revisions and Copy EFB to Ram enabled I was getting 30 FPS with NSMB, now I am getting 44 FPS - 46 FPS. Once rodolfoosvaldobogado ads support for checking multiple textures modified by the CPU there should be even more of a speedup without a loss in quality.

The bloom hack still breaks the mini-map as it did with Copy EFB to Ram in the past, but this hack shouldn't even be used since it serves no purpose for this game anymore.

http://code.google.com/p/dolphin-emu/sou...ail?r=5846
That's not what I said/asked. I was just wondering why people were saying this fixed the map with copy efb to ram when for me the map was never screwed up with efb to ram to begin with, it was only screwed up with efb to texture. Did that change recently? Did efb to ram start screwing up the map in recent revisions? You guys need to tell me these things so I can keep the wiki up to date.
I think you misunderstood what was being said, the commit was an optimization and offers a fairly large speedup with Copy EFB to Ram enabled without any loss of quality that the traditional Copy EFB to Ram has. So in a way it did fix the minimap, solving most of the issue with performance loss that Copy EFB to Ram has without sacrificing graphics quality.

In New Super Mario Bros. I went from 30 FPS with Copy EFB to Ram enabled, up to 44 - 55 FPS so it's a fairly large speedup for games that are dependent on Copy EFB to Ram to produce certain effects.