Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
It may work, but there is a known issue with water with the WS hack

BTW Vegeta, are you the Vegeta (Vegeta1211 I believe) from AGN?
@Vegeta

Widescreen hack must be checked and the aspect ratio must be set to force 16:9. Do you have both of them set?
played through this masterpiece with sweet graphics with rev. 7692 and then wanted to see how it was with 3.0-79 using about the same settings as possible but i found some visual stuff im not sure about.
it might be something about this "bloom" effect tho i have tried with the custon projection hack for ZTP and it doesnt help. See image below for what i mean:

[Image: 2qxp8ns.jpg]

tried different stuff on 3.0-79 without much effects that helps
(no im trying to force myself to play a newer revision/git)

EDIT: This is from the first room in Snowpeak Ruins Dungeon
EDIT2: What i mean about settings is basically from the guide on frontpage + Wiki setup (tho i used Direct3D9 on the 7692 one) + some tweaks like 4xSSAA and AF 2x
The left image is the correct behavior, and I have never been able to get the bloom offset (that is what the effect you are seeing in the right image is called) to go away so I must know how you managed to do that. The bloom offset is a well known problem with several games including this one that has existed in dolphin for nearly as long as I can remember, and the developers have never had a clue what causes it and gave up on it ever being fixed a long time ago. Make sure you have the EXACT SAME settings on both revisions. Can you post the exact settings you used including which backend?

Removing the bloom offset usually requires a projection hack that would break most of the games effects, disabling efb emulation completely, or doing something else to break the games ability to produce post-processing pixel shader effects. To my knowledge is has never been removed in a way that doesn't interfere with the game being emulated properly. So if you have managed to find the magic fix it is your responsibility to tell us what you did, otherwise for all we know it might have been "fixed" by a bug that broke other things and has since been corrected.
(09-07-2011, 01:35 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]The left image is the correct behavior, and I have never been able to get the bloom offset (that is what the effect you are seeing in the right image is called) to go away so I must know how you managed to do that. The bloom offset is a well known problem with several games including this one that has existed in dolphin for nearly as long as I can remember, and the developers have never had a clue what causes it and gave up on it ever being fixed a long time ago. Make sure you have the EXACT SAME settings on both revisions. Can you post the exact settings you used including which backend?

Removing the bloom offset usually requires a projection hack that would break most of the games effects, disabling efb emulation completely, or doing something else to break the games ability to produce post-processing pixel shader effects. To my knowledge is has never been removed in a way that doesn't interfere with the game being emulated properly. So if you have managed to find the magic fix it is your responsibility to tell us what you did, otherwise for all we know it might have been "fixed" by a bug that broke other things and has since been corrected.

I don't know which version of "dirty“ is in use by the op. I would imagine it is that build of dolphin that has the correction and not a setting, I can confirm that the imagery, is the same on my build. I haven't tested against a standard build but the icc version I've been testing is nice. Filthymonkey upped that build I believe. It seemed to return playabilty, but will check to make sure the devs deserve the credit for that and the other fixes I noticed. I just need a standard 3.0-79 build.

But the newer build is the one with the problem. The older build (7692M) shows the correct behavior. Test 7692.
this is my exact settings used with the SVN build 7692
(that for some reason is named 7692M in the menu title but nevermind that since it was downloaded from the mainpage)

[Image: 2v85100.png]
[Image: 16c1c2q.png]
[Image: 2vxhhxl.png]

Oh to note: if i use these settings but with OpenGL i actually get the bloom effect that i got in 3.0-79 Git build.

pantherx12

Thanks for the info, little disappointing though was hoping for 60fps, at-least it's good that it's not my HW : ]

*To the person who replied to me on page 187, did quote you but for what ever reason it didn't work.
hi i want to know if there are a very good revision for dolphin to get some additional speed for ZTP GC.
(09-08-2011, 01:10 AM)amin96 Wrote: [ -> ]hi i want to know if there are a very good revision for dolphin to get some additional speed for ZTP GC.

r6505 with ZTP hack