Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(04-27-2010, 01:11 AM)Running Postman Wrote: [ -> ]Read Carefully Smile, i'm at about 60% (just battled the Giant Worm in the Zora Area, and i have been in Hyrule Field just before that with Epona) , it's really running quite good. Lack of proof is still given from my side, If i find the time, I will upload a nice Vid.

I just find it hard to believe since there are other members that have about the same specifications as you and still get hefty slowdowns. Not to mention it's a bug/issue with the emulator so even the beefiest and most high tech systems still experience these hefty slowdowns in Hyrule Field as indicated by developers and other members.
Last night I've just tried 5408 and it still have big slowdowns in hyrule field, etc.

I'm tempted to try the diff someone posted to increase fps in this places.
Since I don't have a Savegame which gives me access to Hyrule Fields right now (i just passed the "watertemple and I'm the Wolf at the moment), I rode that way with a savegame just before I entered the Temple and these are my results:

[Image: pathudu8.jpg]

Fraps says this: Frames: 2856 - Time: 106139ms - Avg: 26.908 - Min: 22 - Max: 29

Will Upload a Video of it or even Hyrule Fields at the coming weekend from a friends PC, since i'm not patient enough to upload ~150MB with 1mbit Cable
(04-27-2010, 01:11 AM)Running Postman Wrote: [ -> ]Read Carefully Smile, i'm at about 60% (just battled the Giant Worm in the Zora Area, and i have been in Hyrule Field just before that with Epona) , it's really running quite good. Lack of proof is still given from my side, If i find the time, I will upload a nice Vid.

EDIT: Okay, we have a draw right now, it's not running with continuous 30fps, I just recognized that I do have slowdowns, but they aren't as high to make the game unplayable. After riding on Epona from Hylia sea to the broken bridge which formerly was leading to the fields, I had 25fps with a minimum of 22fps for some times. But considering my settings I'm running the game at, it is still an improvement to former builds.

Woah, judging from your computer specifications, I do believe. Rolleyes
whats the update on this? use dolphin 2.0? or which v? which new settings should be used, the first post should be updated for GC and WII
(04-27-2010, 05:39 AM)Evangelion Wrote: [ -> ]whats the update on this? use dolphin 2.0? or which v? which new settings should be used, the first post should be updated for GC and WII

http://www.dolphin-emu.org/
I would say use the latest stable version which is the official v2.0, or you can wait until I upload a build in a bit that will increase the FPS all around for this game including Hyrule Field. I've made an alteration to the patch in the following thread which should increase the FPS in Hyrule Field and elsewhere with no texture issues:

http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/thread-7495-page-4.html
(04-27-2010, 07:36 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]I would say use the latest stable version [...]

Can you explain why? The last stable version seems to be a few months old, while the builds are updated every day - what's the difference?
That it's stable and not based off of beta svn code that is normally unstable...
(04-27-2010, 07:48 AM)Xtreme2damax Wrote: [ -> ]That it's stable and not based off of beta svn code that is normally unstable...

It's not that unstable ... in most cases the emulator runs without crashes (though they do happen sometimes). Apart from that those builds seem to have much more functions and are more optimized thanks to daily updates. I do ask again: Where is the benefit in using the stable version?
Are all the other builds based on a different code and thus obsolete on their own or do all the other builds base on the stable version?
To be honest I don't quite get it ...