Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(12-02-2011, 02:12 PM)TheSneak Wrote: [ -> ]I am playing Twilight Princess on Dolphin revision 7511. At the point just after you first exit the darkened realm and Midna tells you that you won't return to human form any time soon, the cutscene ends and the screen fades to black. At this points it seems like Dolphin freezes, though no error occurs and the audio is still audible (waterfall trickling). The FPS drops to zero. VPS is 60 and Speed is 100%. I haven't experienced any slowdowns or other issues prior to this point in the game.

Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks.

I would say just try again and see what happens, if the same freeze occurs then try with switching to the official 3.0 release.

TheSneak

(12-02-2011, 05:14 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]I would say just try again and see what happens, if the same freeze occurs then try with switching to the official 3.0 release.

I have a save state just before this issue occurs. It is consistently reproducible, so trying again consistently results in the same issue.

Is there a way to use my save state with the newer 3.0 release?

Which of the 3.0 releases should I be using? One of the point releases (3.0-20X)?
(12-03-2011, 03:32 AM)TheSneak Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-02-2011, 05:14 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]I would say just try again and see what happens, if the same freeze occurs then try with switching to the official 3.0 release.

I have a save state just before this issue occurs. It is consistently reproducible, so trying again consistently results in the same issue.

Is there a way to use my save state with the newer 3.0 release?

Which of the 3.0 releases should I be using? One of the point releases (3.0-20X)?

Start with the official 3.0 one, that's what I used recently to complete the game.
The game shouldn't freeze on that version but I can't be sure.

And unfortunate you can't use the save states in any other version then the one you created it with.
Your best bet is to save at the last possible spot and use the GC memory card files and carry them over to the new versions you're trying.
(12-02-2011, 02:12 PM)TheSneak Wrote: [ -> ]I am playing Twilight Princess on Dolphin revision 7511. At the point just after you first exit the darkened realm and Midna tells you that you won't return to human form any time soon, the cutscene ends and the screen fades to black. At this points it seems like Dolphin freezes, though no error occurs and the audio is still audible (waterfall trickling). The FPS drops to zero. VPS is 60 and Speed is 100%. I haven't experienced any slowdowns or other issues prior to this point in the game.

Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks.

I had a crash like that when I was using JitIL one day. Try switching to Jit if you're using that; if you're using Jit, try JitIL instead. Like the fella said, 3.0 should be fine. I personally use the latest revisions and haven't had this issue since I've replayed TP last month or so.

Sumdude

(12-02-2011, 12:46 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:Hey guy I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I just joined and I'm wondering if I can get any help. I have this ROM but when I go to places like Hyrule field my speed and fps drop dramatically from anywhere else. Most of the areas I'm completely fine then when I hit that place it drops drastically I'm wondering if its my computer, I recently got it not brand new but used and it isn't bad at all can play crysis fine but I'm wondering if you guys can spot the problem

CPU: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
RAM: 4gb
Video Card:ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Any advice would be great thanks

Your gpu is fine, your cpu just needs a little bit of overclocking and then that will be fine as well. Like Zee530 said slowdowns in hyrule field are completely normal.

Quote:GPU stands for Graphics Processing Unit. That means your Graphics card

Not quite. A graphics card is not the same as a graphics processing unit. A graphics card is an expansion card that contains a gpu, video memory, ramdac, and various other components. You could also have an integrated graphics processor which is a graphics processor that is integrated into the main system somehow instead of being part of a seperate standalone piece of hardware (discrete GPU).

Quote:People are suggesting at least 3.5ghz and a modern GPU.

In two years of actively reading this thread I have never once come across a single person suggesting at least a 3.5GHz core clock rate. 2.8GHz is more than enough on nearly any modern cpu architecture. You also seem to be operating under the idea that the core clock rate is the only variable needed for determining the performance of the microprocessor.

Quote: I know I have to get more RAM if I'm planning on playing things like Skyrim but ya just some advice would help.

No you don't. 4GB is more than enough for nearly any application, especially PC games and emulators. Even 2GB would be enough for skyrim.

Thanks for the help I'm just wondering though is difficult and expensive to increase my CPU by like .4 lol just wondering don't know much about this stuff. Also I figured my Graphics card isn't that bad the cpu stuff makes sense.

sinkun

[attachment=6974]OK I'm at the boss door for the Goron's mines and have the whole key i go to open the door but only the lock falls off and the chains stay put and it never leave the screen [attachment=6975]
(12-03-2011, 06:10 AM)sinkun Wrote: [ -> ]OK I'm at the boss door for the Goron's mines and have the whole key i go to open the door but only the lock falls off and the chains stay put and it never leave the screen

We're not psychic here, give us more information.

What's your system? Which version of Dolphin are you using? And what are your settings?
(12-03-2011, 06:10 AM)sinkun Wrote: [ -> ]OK I'm at the boss door for the Goron's mines and have the whole key i go to open the door but only the lock falls off and the chains stay put and it never leave the screen

Have you tried the Jit/JitIL switch I said earlier? Sometimes these issues are random, so you should save a lot in the game and try again.
(12-03-2011, 02:16 PM)Silentsurvivor Wrote: [ -> ]

Have you tried the Jit/JitIL switch I said earlier? Sometimes these issues are random, so you should save a lot in the game and try again.

Yeah, switching to jitl or even the interpreter may let you get through, after u enter savestate, switch back to jit and load the state since interpreter gives 2fps
Game runs at about 50% without AA but with AA enabled it runs at 90-100%. This is odd.

I run at 1920x1080, The lower the resolution i set the slower the game gets. Im having this same problem with Skyward Sword. ODD.

amd phenom x4 3.2ghz
4gb ram
ati 5770