Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
maybe in 4-5 month it will get faster in hyrule field...

i am about to rescue the last twilight... i get 25-28 in hyrule field.... with an E8400 @ 4 GHZ =/

the more you play, the more you unlock hyrule field... it will get slower and slower...

but the developer team has done nice improvements.

i will wait till this runs better ^^... and then continue playing on PC...

(my GC is broken =/.... )
Hi Lordsk8,

Do you really run the game at 800x600?
For me, like I said in a previous post, I haven't seen improvement after the 4789 revision. In fact, latest rev are slower and with graphical problems. I put another time my config for beginers with dolphin on Windows xp 32 and Zelda TP:

(01-23-2010, 08:32 AM)fablog Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

I give my best configuration with this game. I tried so many configurations that I think it's tghe best for me. only what's need to be checked is mentioned:
- Rev 4789 (latest are worst for me)
- Enable dual core
- Enable Idle Skipping
-Optimize quantizers
- Force filtering
- Enable EFB to Ram
- Use XFB
-Bleach Vs Crusade
- Use RE0 Fix
-HLE tje IPL
-JIT recompiler
- DSP on Thread
- Render to main Window
- 16/9
- widescreen hack
- windowed resolution: 1360 x 768
- anti alias mode ; none
- Enable CPU to EFB
- EFB scaled copy
- EFB cop to texture

Do you have lower result with the latests revs?

vampirex

Im really happy with the new release of Dolphin. Now I can play Zelda Twilight Princess @ full speed. =)

<My Rig>
Dolphin rev4771 x64 -----Twilight Princess (GC) ~30 FPS all the time, no slow downs or lags on all areas so far.. (Hyrule Fields 30FPS all the time)
DX9 Plugin
1216x684 Full Screen Resolution. (Odd resolution to fit on my HDTV)
16:9 Aspect Ratio
Anti-alias mode: 8xQ CSAA
16x anisotropy filtering enabled
EFB Copy to Texture (for Top left blurry Fix, color loss on maps. Better than blurry top corner)

PC Specs:
CPU:i7 920 overclocked from 2.66 ghz to 3.4 ghz
RAM: 6GB DDR3 Triple channel
VC: Geforce GTX 295 1.7G RAM Overclocked(675 Core, 1120 mem)
Thanks guys, I'll update the topic later. Smile

I'll try the R4771 and see how it goes.
(01-31-2010, 02:10 PM)vampirex Wrote: [ -> ]Im really happy with the new release of Dolphin. Now I can play Zelda Twilight Princess @ full speed. =)

<My Rig>
Dolphin rev4771 x64 -----Twilight Princess (GC) ~30 FPS all the time, no slow downs or lags on all areas so far.. (Hyrule Fields 30FPS all the time)
DX9 Plugin
1216x684 Full Screen Resolution. (Odd resolution to fit on my HDTV)
16:9 Aspect Ratio
Anti-alias mode: 8xQ CSAA
16x anisotropy filtering enabled
EFB Copy to Texture (for Top left blurry Fix, color loss on maps. Better than blurry top corner)

PC Specs:
CPU:i7 920 overclocked from 2.66 ghz to 3.4 ghz
RAM: 6GB DDR3 Triple channel
VC: Geforce GTX 295 1.7G RAM Overclocked(675 Core, 1120 mem)

how far are you in the game? if you are about 60%, pls make a vid... maybe i'm gonna buy a new Processor and mainboard too Big Grin

vampirex

sNk: I'm not sure how far in game i am. Im about to get the last Fused Shadows. My FPS has dropped by 3 FPS on Hyrule now.
27-28 FPS in Hyrule.
(02-01-2010, 01:48 AM)vampirex Wrote: [ -> ]sNk: I'm not sure how far in game i am. Im about to get the last Fused Shadows. My FPS has dropped by 3 FPS on Hyrule now.
27-28 FPS in Hyrule.

ok thanks... that is the problem on TP... hyrule field gets bigger and bigger... the bigger it gets, the lower fps you will have.

i am at the same point as you... i have 26-28....

thanks for reply ^^
(01-23-2010, 08:32 AM)fablog Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys,

I give my best configuration with this game. I tried so many configurations that I think it's tghe best for me. only what's need to be checked is mentioned:
- Rev 4789 (latest are worst for me)
- Enable dual core
- Enable Idle Skipping
-Optimize quantizers
- Force filtering
- Enable EFB to Ram
- Use XFB
-Bleach Vs Crusade
- Use RE0 Fix
-HLE tje IPL
-JIT recompiler
- DSP on Thread
- Render to main Window
- 16/9
- widescreen hack
- windowed resolution: 1360 x 768
- anti alias mode ; none
- Enable CPU to EFB
- EFB scaled copy
- EFB cop to texture

Do you have lower result with the latests revs?

^ These are the best settings so far.
This question is (partial) off-topic.
I downloaded this build (4789 from mamario) But when I go to the configs, there is no gamepad and wiimote plugin.
Also (as with all builds) direct3D9 isn't in the list of Graphics. Just Dolphin Software Renderer and OpenGL.

So how can I get it to detect the gamepad/wiimote plugin.
And how can I make use of Direct3D9, I assume I must download it first (if so, where? :\ )

(It gives these 3 errors when trying to start the game, regarding those missing/undetected plugins:
-Error loading Plugins/Plugin_PadSimple.dll: can't read info
-Can't inid any PAD plugins.
-Couldn't init the core.
Check your configuration )
Read the FAQ's first.
You need the newest directx 9. Download the webinstaller from Microsoft and you're ready to start emulating.

I installed Windows 7 Ultimate 64bit as a second OS today and tried Zelda TP. I get a few more fps, like 28-30 in Kakariko. On Vista Ultimate 32bit I get 24-27fps.
Also in Hyrule Field I get around 12fps, on Vista 9fps.

Just wanted to tell you that, so you know another way of getting more fps, if it works Sleepy