Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
hello everyone!!!

i'm trying to play zelda twilight princess for gamecube (PAL) i followed the guide on wiki from dolphin web site but my fps, when i'm travelling in hyrule fields, are always on 13-14 or 15. This are any picture on my configuration. I'm using the lastes version 6790. Thanks. [attachment=5057][attachment=5058][attachment=5059][attachment=5060][attachment=5061]

P.S. I use have the lastest mac-mini model with installed windows 7 ultimate x86.
What are your system specs?
He's using a Mac. That says it all.
But he has windows 7 on it. I'm guessing since it's a mac mini the specs aren't good enough.
hello everyone sorry for my english ok, my pc spec: intel core 2 quad 2.4 2gb ram 800mhz HD4870 1gb and I try to play zelda tp with the lastest versions of dolphin and I apply the config of wiki and hyrule field I only get 15-20 fps I hardly get 20 fps many people says that we have to use zelda tp hack in the config of the game doing right click on the game but it doesnt work can somebody help me? or put an image with a correct config in order to run zelda please.
(01-11-2011, 04:45 PM)gerber000 Wrote: [ -> ]hello everyone sorry for my english ok, my pc spec: intel core 2 quad 2.4 2gb ram 800mhz HD4870 1gb and I try to play zelda tp with the lastest versions of dolphin and I apply the config of wiki and hyrule field I only get 15-20 fps I hardly get 20 fps many people says that we have to use zelda tp hack in the config of the game doing right click on the game but it doesnt work can somebody help me? or put an image with a correct config in order to run zelda please.

You won't run it at fullspeed except with an i7 based rig with fast memory and stuff.
BTW use an older revision. early r6000 e.g. (I use r6298 and it's way faster than the latests revs).
(01-12-2011, 03:33 AM)DarzgL Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-11-2011, 04:45 PM)gerber000 Wrote: [ -> ]hello everyone sorry for my english ok, my pc spec: intel core 2 quad 2.4 2gb ram 800mhz HD4870 1gb and I try to play zelda tp with the lastest versions of dolphin and I apply the config of wiki and hyrule field I only get 15-20 fps I hardly get 20 fps many people says that we have to use zelda tp hack in the config of the game doing right click on the game but it doesnt work can somebody help me? or put an image with a correct config in order to run zelda please.

You won't run it at fullspeed except with an i7 based rig with fast memory and stuff.
BTW use an older revision. early r6000 e.g. (I use r6298 and it's way faster than the latests revs).
thank you, could you please post images of your config? please thanks.
darzgl: you know, recent revisions have had some greate optimizations...

gerber000: Just use the latest revs and never listen to anyone advising you sth else. Only TRY older revs if speed isn't good enough for you, but don't expect miracles.

fwiw, latest revisions are faster for me than anything before, go figure..
Quote:you know, recent revisions have had some greate optimizations...

Although that is true, due to various changes (such as the fifo changes) newer builds are wwwaaayyy slower on average (for me anyways). Builds from 6000-6500 run my games 30-50% faster than 6600-6800 builds on average (difference in percentage of improvement not percentage of gamespeed).

TP is nearly 50% faster on average in build 6505 vs. 6800 for me. Not to mention the recent issues with corrupted saves, clearscreen, efb issues (especially in opengl) have made me a bit scared to use newer builds (granted they usually get fixed quickly, but why risk it when you already have a perfectly good build and their have been no new fixes for anything related to this game?). I'm actually using 5874 compiled with the hyrule field speedup patch and SSE3 optimized by the compiler and it's PERFECT for this game (except audio of course). Lightning fast and other than the hyrule field speedup patch being commited to the svn their have been no commits that solve any issues with this game since then. Early 5000 builds are also way faster for this game than late 5000/early 6000 builds. But since a lot of stuff was fixed between 5400-5870 with this game it's still better to use a newer build. I believe I have found the sweet spot.
(01-12-2011, 05:02 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]darzgl: you know, recent revisions have had some greate optimizations...

I just can't try every revision that comes out... All i have to say is that I tried a recent rev and Hyrule field was running at 50-55% instead of 68% in r6298.
However, I think that the revision I tried doesn't include the latests SSE optimizations that came out recently. But someone said they had nearly no impact on TP... Anyway it's better to try by myself.

@NaturalViolence :
I'm wondering what you mean when you say that early 5000 run this game faster... As far as I know, those revisions don't include the speed hack. Are you meaning that TP runs faster on those revisions without the speed hack than on any newer revisions with the speed hack ?