Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
@Zeta16

If you have already checked the ZTP hack in the game properties, there is nothing more you can do. I am quite certain that the videos you have seen on Youtube were from guys who's CPU's were clocked to insane speeds.
That would be why they can run the game full speed all the time. You might have an I7, but that alone won't do the job, you never gave us your clock speed.

Besides, as far as i can tell, you have a laptop, and you will never be able to reach the neccesary amount of CPU power requirred to run this game at full speed in Hyrule field with that. You need something like an i7 with atleast 3.8ghz to get fullspeed in Hyrule field.
(08-05-2011, 03:19 AM)DarkSharingan Wrote: [ -> ]@Zeta16

If you have already checked the ZTP hack in the game properties, there is nothing more you can do. I am quite certain that the videos you have seen on Youtube were from guys who's CPU's were clocked to insane speeds.
That would be why they can run the game full speed all the time. You might have an I7, but that alone won't do the job, you never gave us your clock speed.

Besides, as far as i can tell, you have a laptop, and you will never be able to reach the neccesary amount of CPU power requirred to run this game at full speed in Hyrule field with that. You need something like an i7 with atleast 3.8ghz to get fullspeed in Hyrule field.

Well... I guess I'll have to wait a couple of years, until the emulator works asking for a reasonable CPU...
Or maybe I'll end up buying a Wii... who knows?
Quote:Well... I guess I'll have to wait a couple of years, until hardware catches up and an I7 is considered a slow cpu...

Fixed that for you.

Also under efb copies in the hacks tab you should uncheck the box that says RAM. It may break the mini map but it should speed up hyrule field a lot.
(08-05-2011, 04:43 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]Also under efb copies in the hacks tab you should uncheck the box that says RAM. It may break the mini map but it should speed up hyrule field a lot.

Thanks for the tip, it works a little faster, not perfect but at least playable and the minimap works just fine.
I think the problem is that when you enter Hyrule Field the emulator renders the entire field instead of rendering just the zone you're in... and that's why the slowdown is progressive, each time you unlock a new zone of Hyrule Field it just piles up with the previously discovered zones.

Thanks again for the help.

What's the fix for the "broken" minimap/map? The minimap either doesn't show or is all ugly and flickery (black,white dots). Same goes for the big map.
I know there's a fix somewhere in this forums, but it literally takes ages to find it and the search function is really useless.
(08-05-2011, 06:46 AM)DerpTyrant Wrote: [ -> ]What's the fix for the "broken" minimap/map? The minimap either doesn't show or is all ugly and flickery (black,white dots). Same goes for the big map.
I know there's a fix somewhere in this forums, but it literally takes ages to find it and the search function is really useless.

EFB Copies>RAM
(08-05-2011, 11:29 AM)ExtremeDude2 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2011, 06:46 AM)DerpTyrant Wrote: [ -> ]What's the fix for the "broken" minimap/map? The minimap either doesn't show or is all ugly and flickery (black,white dots). Same goes for the big map.

EFB Copies>RAM
Yeah, I've got that from Wiki as well, but it doesn't work. Sad

Quote:I think the problem is that when you enter Hyrule Field the emulator renders the entire field instead of rendering just the zone you're in... and that's why the slowdown is progressive, each time you unlock a new zone of Hyrule Field it just piles up with the previously discovered zones.

It's actually quite a bit more complicated than that and deals more with the minimap rendering but since I've already explained it several times on these forums and it's quite a lengthy explanation I'll refrain from giving it again.

Quote:Yeah, I've got that from Wiki as well, but it doesn't work

Well it would really help if you gave us ANY INFORMATION AT ALL. OS? Which video backend? Settings? Version of dolphin?
(08-05-2011, 01:42 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:I think the problem is that when you enter Hyrule Field the emulator renders the entire field instead of rendering just the zone you're in... and that's why the slowdown is progressive, each time you unlock a new zone of Hyrule Field it just piles up with the previously discovered zones.

It's actually quite a bit more complicated than that and deals more with the minimap rendering but since I've already explained it several times on these forums and it's quite a lengthy explanation I'll refrain from giving it again.

Quote:Yeah, I've got that from Wiki as well, but it doesn't work

Well it would really help if you gave us ANY INFORMATION AT ALL. OS? Which video backend? Settings? Version of dolphin?

Dolphin 7047.

Code:
Operating System: Windows 7 Ultimate 64-bit (6.1, Build 7601) Service Pack 1 (7601.win7sp1_rtm.101119-1850)
           Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
System Manufacturer: System manufacturer
       System Model: System Product Name
               BIOS: BIOS Date: 02/05/10 19:13:52 Ver: 08.00.10
          Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-2600 CPU @ 3.40GHz (8 CPUs), ~3.4GHz
             Memory: 4096MB RAM
Card name: ATI Radeon HD 4800 Series
Btw, I run any games perfectly without ever having any slowdowns and I never had to overclock. For example, Hyrule field works perfectly. Exact 30fps the whole time, even when fighting or whatever.
I can't take pics of my settings atm, but just tell me how they should be (or how you have them) and it will be fine Smile

Thank you.
Well for starters you should be using dolphin 3.0

Without a more detailed settings list including which video backend you're using I cannot further diagnose the problem. Perhaps you have accurate texture cache turned on (that can cause minimap corruption)?