Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
The audio on LLE only sounds good on 100% speed, even 80% will give issues

Sumdude

Hey guy I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I just joined and I'm wondering if I can get any help. I have this ROM but when I go to places like Hyrule field my speed and fps drop dramatically from anywhere else. Most of the areas I'm completely fine then when I hit that place it drops drastically I'm wondering if its my computer, I recently got it not brand new but used and it isn't bad at all can play crysis fine but I'm wondering if you guys can spot the problem

CPU: Intel® Core™2 Quad CPU Q6600 @ 2.40GHz
RAM: 4gb
Video Card:ATI Radeon HD 5700 Series

Any advice would be great thanks
(12-01-2011, 06:21 AM)Sumdude Wrote: [ -> ]Hey guy I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I just joined and I'm wondering if I can get any help. I have this ROM but when I go to places like Hyrule field my speed and fps drop dramatically from anywhere else. Most of the areas I'm completely fine then when I hit that place it drops drastically I'm wondering if its my computer, I recently got it not brand new but used and it isn't bad at all can play crysis fine but I'm wondering if you guys can spot the problem

There's your biggest problem.

In all seriousness, your rig is pretty weak for this game. People are suggesting at least 3.5ghz and a modern GPU.

Also, make sure you've got the ZTP hack turned on.

Sumdude

That kind of thing confuses, why does A game like this need a really good computer? I mean I can play most modern games fine if not really well. I don't know much about this stuff so its a serious questions, sorry if I sound ignorant to all this stuff (because I am) but ya. Is it easy to switch my GPU for something better or do I have to buy other things to compensate for it. And also is my graphics card decent enough? I know I have to get more RAM if I'm planning on playing things like Skyrim but ya just some advice would help.
(12-01-2011, 01:24 PM)Sumdude Wrote: [ -> ]That kind of thing confuses, why does A game like this need a really good computer? I mean I can play most modern games fine if not really well. I don't know much about this stuff so its a serious questions, sorry if I sound ignorant to all this stuff (because I am) but ya. Is it easy to switch my GPU for something better or do I have to buy other things to compensate for it. And also is my graphics card decent enough? I know I have to get more RAM if I'm planning on playing things like Skyrim but ya just some advice would help.

GPU stands for Graphics Processing Unit. That means your Graphics card Smile

Try that ZTP hack or whatever it is called. I hear that is supposed to help with that area of play.

elfezel

its playable but at the hyrule field it seems a little bit laggy for me
(12-01-2011, 08:50 PM)elfezel Wrote: [ -> ]its playable but at the hyrule field it seems a little bit laggy for me

Get 2500K and overclock to 4.5Ghz. No? Then suck it up like everyone else in these 200 pages.
(12-01-2011, 01:24 PM)Sumdude Wrote: [ -> ]That kind of thing confuses, why does A game like this need a really good computer? I mean I can play most modern games fine if not really well. I don't know much about this stuff so its a serious questions, sorry if I sound ignorant to all this stuff (because I am) but ya. Is it easy to switch my GPU for something better or do I have to buy other things to compensate for it. And also is my graphics card decent enough? I know I have to get more RAM if I'm planning on playing things like Skyrim but ya just some advice would help.

If by modern games you mean pc games then please never compare emulation with pc games, don't do that please, drops in hyrule field is very normal, you need a better cpu for fullspeed there but your GPU is decent enough though
Quote:Hey guy I know this has probably been asked a million times, but I just joined and I'm wondering if I can get any help. I have this ROM but when I go to places like Hyrule field my speed and fps drop dramatically from anywhere else. Most of the areas I'm completely fine then when I hit that place it drops drastically I'm wondering if its my computer, I recently got it not brand new but used and it isn't bad at all can play crysis fine but I'm wondering if you guys can spot the problem

Your gpu is fine, your cpu just needs a little bit of overclocking and then that will be fine as well. Like Zee530 said slowdowns in hyrule field are completely normal.

Quote:GPU stands for Graphics Processing Unit. That means your Graphics card

Not quite. A graphics card is not the same as a graphics processing unit. A graphics card is an expansion card that contains a gpu, video memory, ramdac, and various other components. You could also have an integrated graphics processor which is a graphics processor that is integrated into the main system somehow instead of being part of a seperate standalone piece of hardware (discrete GPU).

Quote:People are suggesting at least 3.5ghz and a modern GPU.

In two years of actively reading this thread I have never once come across a single person suggesting at least a 3.5GHz core clock rate. 2.8GHz is more than enough on nearly any modern cpu architecture. You also seem to be operating under the idea that the core clock rate is the only variable needed for determining the performance of the microprocessor.

Quote: I know I have to get more RAM if I'm planning on playing things like Skyrim but ya just some advice would help.

No you don't. 4GB is more than enough for nearly any application, especially PC games and emulators. Even 2GB would be enough for skyrim.

TheSneak

I am playing Twilight Princess on Dolphin revision 7511. At the point just after you first exit the darkened realm and Midna tells you that you won't return to human form any time soon, the cutscene ends and the screen fades to black. At this points it seems like Dolphin freezes, though no error occurs and the audio is still audible (waterfall trickling). The FPS drops to zero. VPS is 60 and Speed is 100%. I haven't experienced any slowdowns or other issues prior to this point in the game.

Does anyone know what is happening? Thanks.