Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.

Discosuperstar

Alright, after playing around with the settings a lot, I figured out that the blurring seems to only occur if the internal resolution is set to 'Auto (fractional)'. However, setting it to any integer value causes weird textre offset artifacts. Furthermore, I have no map at all with DX9, even with EFB->RAM
Anyway, I think I may stick to the DX11 plugin for now, unless someone can post a full set of DX9 settings that has no blur, a working map, and no major artifacts (is this even possible atm?). Note that I don't care for high resolution.
Thanks for the help!
(10-21-2010, 03:09 PM)Discosuperstar Wrote: [ -> ]Alright, after playing around with the settings a lot, I figured out that the blurring seems to only occur if the internal resolution is set to 'Auto (fractional)'. However, setting it to any integer value causes weird textre offset artifacts. Furthermore, I have no map at all with DX9, even with EFB->RAM
Anyway, I think I may stick to the DX11 plugin for now, unless someone can post a full set of DX9 settings that has no blur, a working map, and no major artifacts (is this even possible atm?). Note that I don't care for high resolution.
Thanks for the help!

If you have enabled any projection hack like ZTP bloom hack, the map will not work.
There is absolutely no reason to enable any projection hacks for this game, so keep them disabled. As I and others have mentioned, the ZTP bloom hack hasn't been the ZTP bloom hack for a while now. In fact it should be renamed, but what to rename it to?

Leave Safe Texture Cache disabled.
Disable any projection hacks or leave them disabled.
Don't bother disabling fog, it doesn't really affect performance so there is no reason for that.

When you start messing with the above, it's bound to break things or at least have a negative effect.
Is the Bloom hack still needed by any particular game because out of all my games that i have about 35 to 40 none of them require it at all (Good job to all the Dolphin devs)
Yes, they are next to useless things in this universe. Maybe still there for some sort of debugging option, but I don't see any implementation of it nowadays.
(10-21-2010, 01:07 PM)Discosuperstar Wrote: [ -> ](Also, audio works just fine in my revision)
You sure get sound in every cutscene? You might not notice it if you haven't played the game on the real console...

umoon

Hi first post Smile

I've been using variations of these settings on the latest build

"My Settings
VSync Enabled
Force 16:9 Widescreen'
Internal Resolution 3x
Enable CPU EFB access
Force bi/trilinear filtering
Enable 16 antisotropic filtering
EFB scaled copy
Disable fog
EFB to texture"

I can't seem to get my fps much higher than 25 in standard areas. This goes for efb to texture and ram. I was using the 2.0 build on efb texture and it was running smoothly at 30. . .however, I really wanted the minimap.

My computer:

Windows 7

CPU TYPE:
Intel® Core™2 Duo CPU P8700 @ 2.53GHz
CPU SPEED (GHZ):
SYSTEM MEMORY (GB):
VIDEO CARD MODEL:
NVIDIA GeForce GTX 260M
VIDEO CARD DRIVER:
nvd3dum.dll
DESKTOP RESOLUTION:
1600x900

Perhaps my computer isn't fast enough. . .reducing to native and no AA doesn't seem to help. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone had any suggestions. . .thanks so much!
(10-21-2010, 06:05 PM)ugoo Wrote: [ -> ]Is the Bloom hack still needed by any particular game because out of all my games that i have about 35 to 40 none of them require it at all (Good job to all the Dolphin devs)

Sonic Unleashed and a few other games, at least with the DX9 plugin they are needed.

@umoon : enable the ZTP hack in the ISO properties panel.
BTW, disabling CPU->EFB access, turning VSync off and setting internal resolution to fractional may give you a little speedup.

Discosuperstar

I see. I'll have to test it later without the projection hack. Since it said 'Zelda Twilight Princess...' I just figured it had to be on. The wiki says Eternal Darkness needs that hack, but I haven't tested it to be sure.
As far as audio goes, I had the no music in cut-scenes issue back when I was using the 2.0 release, but using the later revisions seemed to fix it. AFAIK, the former hack for the DSP plugin was integrated into the trunk. Otherwise I don't notice any issues; I think all sound effects and music are present.