Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Hi,

Sorry if this has been fixed already, I know its brought up but couldn't find a solution but:

I'm at the Sacred Grove trying to get the Master Sword but I need to talk to the howling stone and I know there have been problems with these. Is there a way to bypass the talking to the stone or fixing it so I can get by? It worked once, but crashed soon after and I haven't been able to get it to work since.

Thanks for the help!

wrestlervincentblack

i set it up the way you said and its saying could not read wiimote.ddl plug-in
(01-14-2010, 08:42 PM)Kipston Wrote: [ -> ]
(01-14-2010, 05:59 PM)atikabubu Wrote: [ -> ]So guys... No perfect and foolproof method to run the game in 30 FPS in big areas? Sad

Well, I run the game way too speedy with an Orleans build. You should try it. Wink

And my laptop specs are:

- Core duo 2,2 Ghz.
- ATI RADEON HD 512 MB.
- 4GB RAM.

its runing it at full speed but the screen just stays yellow do you know how to fix that
Huh

syonidv

Hello All,

An excellent emulator, I must say. Lets me keep my GC junked in the closet so I can use those beautiful save states. Wink

Three issues of varying severity I'm facing with ZTP. The first is (was) that the "Howling Wind Stone" bug is not, as some have suggested, an urban legend. Dolphin locks up in a "half hang", where the application remains responsive (in terms of close, minimize, etc.) and may be shut down without problem, but the display and audio are locked and accept no input.

I inadvertently "fixed" this on my machine by setting my SLI bus to "maximize 3D performance" over my dual GPUs (one of the stock settings in the nVidia control panel). It boosted my speed from a 75% average speed to roughly 88% average speed for the area. I tweaked the setting on a lark since I happened to notice it was "off" while troubleshooting. I have no idea why it would "fix" the problem but I do know that i) it was the only setting changed between pre- and posttest, ii) I had run at least 10 configurations up to that point--all of them locked, and iii) I reloaded and ran the Howling Stone 3 times successfully immediately after changing the setting. Could be a coincidence, but I suspect not.

The second problem is that Dolphin locks up (with moderate probability) while loading SaveStates if they're loaded in a different session than they're saved in. That is: [save state -then- load state] works 100% of the time, while [save state -then- shut down emulation -then- reopen emulation -then- load state] hangs the emulator much of the time. Whether a SaveState (SS) will load is a property of the SS itself: "good" SS's will always load, while "bad" SS's never load. Upon loading a bad SS, the audio is frozen looping over the first ~125 ms of the track and the video goes black. However, the emulator remains responsive in the sense that other good SS's can be loaded by hitting the hotkeys.

I haven't categorically determined what makes a "good" SS or a "bad" SS, but I have observed the following:
  • bad SS's are more likely when the processor is chugging (e.g. running at 75% rather than 99%)
  • SS's apparently "go bad" because the emulator "goes bad"--if I save states in the order 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, for instance, and find that state 5 is the first bad SS, it means that SS's 6 and 7 will also be bad with 100% probability. To me, this would seem to indicate that the emulator goes wonky at some random point and all subsequent SS's are bad.
  • "bad" SS's can be loaded without any problems whatsoever in the session they're saved in

This wouldn't be a major issue except for the fact that Dolphin (for me, at least) has always had a glitch where it randomly declares that there's "No Memory Card in Slot A". I'm not sure if the point at which Dolphin stops "detecting" the memory card is the same point at which SS's go bad, but in my experience as soon as I get the "No Memory Card in Slot A" message (usually after 30 to 90 minutes of gameplay), my subsequent SS's are all bad, meaning that I have no way of saving the game either using SS's or using the in-game facilities. Tongue This is probably Murphy's law, but worth mentioning. I should also mention that the "No Memory Card in Slot A" bug manifested itself in my Paper Mario game too. The other issues being reported here are unique to ZTP.

The third and final issue (which is why I'm writing, so thanks for bearing with me) is that the "ZTP Hanging After Lock Drops Off Door" bug previously mentioned in this thread but aborted due to certain... *ahem*...issues with the reportee Tongue ...is also affecting me. To restate it: in the Death Mountain Dungeon, at the boss door (where the big key is used), the lock unlocks, drops off, and then... nothing. The game doesn't proceed, even after three minutes of waiting. I can include a screenshot if this will assist.

Some observations include: the audio, video, and input are fully responsive during the "hang". The heat in the air wiggles, the lava soundtrack bubbles, and SS's can be loaded at will. The game just doesn't... do anything.

I can't go back to my GC! :o I can't play games without SaveStates and luck manipulation anymore! I simply can't.

I'd greatly appreciate it if somebody could add this to their "look into it" list. Smile I'm willing to collect any debug data you may need. Just let me know. I've included my system specs in my sig block as a starting point.

Best Regards, and Thanks for the Great Emulator,

Virgil

evilknick

Hi all, I am new to Dolphin, for some reason the last 4 years I've had issues with it that now seem to work.

Anyways, with both Wind Waker and Twilight Princess I am getting nasty pops and static scratch sounds in my game audio, seemingly at high pitched or bass heavy moments?

intel duo2 core cpu @3.00 ghz 3.00 ghz
4 gb ram
64 bit op with win7 64
Geforce GTX 460
soundcard: sound blaster x-fi Xtreme audio set to 24 bit 4800 Hz
Dolphin 3.0

(11-18-2011, 05:41 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to say that I've spent 5 days (40+ hours game file) replaying this game in Dolphin 3.0 getting 100% completion.
This might not be a big deal, but not getting a single crash or having any other weird issues is quite a big deal.

I don't know if these howling stone crashes is an urban myth or what but not once did it have a tendency to crash there.

If I'd just have had my real GameCube controller hooked up to the rig I would have thought that I played it on the real machine.

I think this game is shown as 4 stars in Dolphin today, for me it was a 5 star experience all the way.

are you playing the GC or Wii version of this?

Also i have sound issues somtimes when the wiimote sounds like the zelda jungle. it stutters a bit. I also get a stuck rumble when the wiimote rumbles twice or more from game events. it just rumbles non stop and i got to hit the home key to stop it. this has been mentioned before - was there a fix or did you get this also?

(11-18-2011, 05:41 PM)Gabriel Belmont Wrote: [ -> ]Just wanted to say that I've spent 5 days (40+ hours game file) replaying this game in Dolphin 3.0 getting 100% completion.
This might not be a big deal, but not getting a single crash or having any other weird issues is quite a big deal.

I don't know if these howling stone crashes is an urban myth or what but not once did it have a tendency to crash there.

If I'd just have had my real GameCube controller hooked up to the rig I would have thought that I played it on the real machine.

I think this game is shown as 4 stars in Dolphin today, for me it was a 5 star experience all the way.

are you playing the GC or Wii version of this?

Also i have sound issues somtimes when the wiimote sounds like the zelda jungle. it stutters a bit. I also get a stuck rumble when the wiimote rumbles twice or more from game events. it just rumbles non stop and i got to hit the home key to stop it. this has been mentioned before - was there a fix or did you get this also?

syonidv

An update to post #2043 (just above) regarding the "ZTP Hanging After Lock Drops Off Door" bug: I was able to get past by switching from the JIT Compiler to the Interpreter (even though the game runs at roughly 1 FPS at that point. Tongue)

Hence a workaround (rather than fix) to the problem is: SaveState when you're immediately in front of the door, switch the emulator to the Interpreter, load state and open the door (the animation will take roughly 90 seconds to complete), then once the chain has dropped off and Link has shoved the door open, SaveState again, restore JIT compiling, and all is well.

This also suggests that the problem could be an instruction being wrongly translated in the JIT compiler but correctly interpreted by the interpreter. I waded into the source for the JITC on a lark but quickly discovered that the instruction specs really are necessary to debug--and of course I don't have them. So my props to those of you who keep this project going. (thumbs up)

emerald000

I am have some problems with the audio on 3.0-204. After 5 to 10 minutes of play, the audio will bug. It will consistently play the same 1 to 5 seconds of audio in a loop. A small part of the loop (half a second or so) is noise. I have tried playing with sound settings, but without success. The only workaround is to save the game, stop the emulation, start it again, and load the game. Savestates won't work, as it is still bugged.

Here are my audio settings:
HLE, Enable DTK music, Enable audio throttle, DSound, 48 kHz

I am running on Vista 32 bits.

Any help is welcomed.
(11-24-2011, 12:04 AM)KTroopA Wrote: [ -> ]are you playing the GC or Wii version of this?

No this play-through was for the GC version. But the Wii version is playing almost the same.

As for your sound related issues, have you tried using DSP LLE?
@ syonidv!

Hallo,

thank you for your workarounds for the three problems. I havent played TP on Dolphin yet and its good to know, that there are solutions for some issues.

Thank you again.

H.

44tim44

Hi, first time posting here on the forums.

Having a problem with ZTP. I play on about 80-100% everywhere (Except Hyrule Field ofc), using LLE, which I use simply to get better sound, and to fix the howl-stone-glitch.
Now the problem I have is, even though I emulate at 80-100%, the sound is jittery/laggy. But in some areas, like the howl-stone-howling-mountain-tops-dream-thingamayig, the sound is absolutely perfect!

Why do I get this jittery/laggy sound, when in the overworld, even though I am emulating at 80-100%?
Is there a fix?

Thanks in advance~
44tim44