Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Yeah, try the latest git version of Dolphin or the official Dolphin 3.0 release.
Quote:Hi everyone ! I'm having trouble using TP, with Direct3D9.

At first try, it worked perfectly for around 30 min. Then it crashed, I don't know why, and now I can't start the game again. When I start it with Direct3D9, a black window opens, then it closes instantly and Dolphin too.

I can change the backend to Direct3D11 or OpenGL, it works, but the game has lower graphics. The strange thing is that it worked for a while, at 100% speed and like 30 fps I think, but now with Direct3D9 I can't even open the game.

As you can see in my profile (maybe?) my computer should be good enough to run that. My graphic card driver and DirectX are up to date.

Maybe I should try the very last version of Dolphin ?

Thanks a lot for your help !

Please provide ALL of the necessary information, including the revision.

jigabootime

Have the sound issues been 100% solved yet? Started playing today with the latest build and thought everything was perfect until I realized no music played during some cutscenes. No music during Zelda's cutscene or cutscenes after the first two dungeons, for example. Tried both HLE and LLE.

A pretty minor issue, I know. Everything is perfect otherwise.
You had no music with LLE? Are you sure?

JanssenDalt

Heya guys

I'm having a bit of trouble running the game.
For example, when I get to the first village (right after the first cut-scenes and the part where Link gets Epona) the game slows down to speeds like 60-70% while riding through it.
I obviously haven't gotten past that part, as it's pretty unplayable like that.

These are my system specifications:
HP Pavilion dv7-1275dx
Code:
CPU:    Intel(R) Core(TM)2 Duo CPU     P7450  @ 2.13GHz
Memory: DDR2 4096 MBytes
GPU:    NVIDIA GeForce 9600M GT

OS:     Microsoft Windows 7 (6.1) Ultimate Edition 64-bit   (Build 7600)
Dolphin 3.0-766-dirty x64
DualShock 3 with MontionInJoy

With these settings: http://forums.dolphin-emu.org/showthread.php?tid=23618

I'm a bit depressed that I can't get this game to function correctly even at the slowest settings.
I'm aware my system specifications might be the problem, specifically my CPU. But I'm hoping there's something I can do (which doesn't imply buying another computer as I cannot afford it right now).

Does anybody have any suggestions?
The only thing you can do is get a better PC. I'm sure you don't want to hear that, but that is your only option to get more speed. Your PC is just too slow to tun the game fast enough.
Somehow, I could play this game with perfect music (no missing instruments) on HLE some time ago. Today I tried it again and I noticed that the sound is once again broken. What's weird is that reverting to the previous version of the emulator that had perfect music (756) doesn't fix it!

I wonder what could have happened. Now I can't get the sound to play properly anymore.

Is anyone here able to get proper sound with HLE? And by that I mean no missing instruments in the music? You can test this in Ordon village, compare the music from the emulator to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbjZ1QY9MsQ

You'll notice that the emulator has missing percussions and some other sounds.
(10-08-2012, 02:42 AM)herpderpus Wrote: [ -> ]Somehow, I could play this game with perfect music (no missing instruments) on HLE some time ago. Today I tried it again and I noticed that the sound is once again broken. What's weird is that reverting to the previous version of the emulator that had perfect music (756) doesn't fix it!

I wonder what could have happened. Now I can't get the sound to play properly anymore.

Is anyone here able to get proper sound with HLE? And by that I mean no missing instruments in the music? You can test this in Ordon village, compare the music from the emulator to this http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FbjZ1QY9MsQ

AFAIK it's always been like this (with HLE)
(10-08-2012, 02:45 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]
(10-08-2012, 02:42 AM)herpderpus Wrote: [ -> ]Somehow, I could play this game with perfect music (no missing instruments) on HLE some time ago. Today I tried it again and I noticed that the sound is once again broken. What's weird is that reverting to the previous version of the emulator that had perfect music (756) doesn't fix it!

AFAIK it's always been like this (with HLE)

I am 100% sure it worked at some point on my computer, with HLE, and no missing instruments. I don't think I imagined it.
(10-08-2012, 02:59 AM)herpderpus Wrote: [ -> ]I am 100% sure it worked at some point on my computer, with HLE, and no missing instruments. I don't think I imagined it.

I didn't say that. The sound may work fine but not in the whole game. Depends which parts etc