Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just tried the Hyrule Field patch and it was incredible, my FPS went from 9 to 19. Finally Hyrule Field is really playable. And it comes to the right time, I'm almost at the end of the game and before I play further I wanted to spent some time exploring Hyrule and finding heartpieces. Thanks to the patch I can do it with good speed.Smile
Hello guys im new on dolphin emulator.. and it has benn a great time playing new super mario bross and Monster tri.
I wanna play zelda now... but it has too much information in this topic ( 45 pages).. i couldnt get all i need to know.

Can someoen care to answer a few questions?
1- The wii version of this game doesnt have sound. What a bout the gamecube version?
2- THe gamecube version has the same graphics as the WIi version?
3- What is the best revision for playing this game on windows 7 64x?
4- From what i read the only major problem.. iw the slow down at some areas like HYrule FIeld right?

Thanks everbody...
(05-15-2010, 05:21 AM)Ryuyru Wrote: [ -> ]Hello guys im new on dolphin emulator.. and it has benn a great time playing new super mario bross and Monster tri.
I wanna play zelda now... but it has too much information in this topic ( 45 pages).. i couldnt get all i need to know.

Can someoen care to answer a few questions?
1- The wii version of this game doesnt have sound. What a bout the gamecube version?
2- THe gamecube version has the same graphics as the WIi version?
4- From what i read the only major problem.. iw the slow down at some areas like HYrule FIeld right?

Thanks everbody...
I just finished the game on wii version and i can tell you i played it really good, sadly i just noticed this hyrule field patch <_< but well i still when i was playing it hyrule was about 10 FPS with this patch i dont know yet but they say its a good boost. For your questions:

1.- The wii version it does have sound, just sometimes it cuts or some music is missing (like ending)
2.- I dont think so since gamecube is another console and ofc another type of system
3.- I ended this game with the revision 2.0 (free to download and compiled at the main webpage)
4.- Still hyrule field it was playable.... just sit tight and gotta wait a lil to keep moving Smile

Hope this helps you and i cant really tell the gaming on the GC version but i finished the game on wii version and i can tell the graphics and etc are totally awesome.... i have some SS but hmmmm ill post you some of the "Ending" http://img34.imageshack.us/img34/3296/rzde016.jpg http://img43.imageshack.us/img43/9726/rzde017.jpg

Hope you like it Smile and have fun !

EDIT: BTW i didnt use the "Bloom hack" thing... since it kinda created a "Mirror" (if you point to the right youre really shooting to the left) so thats up to you or whoever plays the wii version you probably get better graphics with this "Hack" or if theres any solution for this Tongue
Quote:2- THe gamecube version has the same graphics as the WIi version?

2- 4 differences exist between the gamecube and wii version but the graphics are the same. Input method (gc controller or wiimote), game world is flip flopped (east is west, west is east), widescreen is only supported in the wii version, and manual camera control is only supported in the GC version (use the c stick). The GC version also performs a little bit better than the wii version

3- I would highly recommend 5312 since that's the revision when they implemented the afc looping patch (to fix some of the audio issues in tp) and it's also right before they started breaking things left and right.

4- No but that is the most complained about problem (something which continues to amaze me to this day). I'm not going to list them all here since it's faster to just link you to the wiki:

http://dolphin-emu.org/wiki/index.php?ti...ncess_(GC)

I suggest you check the wiki whenever you have a new game that you want to play on dolphin. I tried to put as much of the important stuff in this thread as possible into the wiki for tp when I made it (amazing how 45 pages amounts to such a short entry).
(05-15-2010, 08:32 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:2- THe gamecube version has the same graphics as the WIi version?

2- 4 differences exist between the gamecube and wii version but the graphics are the same. Input method (gc controller or wiimote), game world is flip flopped (east is west, west is east), widescreen is only supported in the wii version, and manual camera control is only supported in the GC version (use the c stick). The GC version also performs a little bit better than the wii version

3- I would highly recommend 5312 since that's the revision when they implemented the afc looping patch (to fix some of the audio issues in tp) and it's also right before they started breaking things left and right.

4- No but that is the most complained about problem (something which continues to amaze me to this day). I'm not going to list them all here since it's faster to just link you to the wiki:

http://dolphin-emu.org/wiki/index.php?ti...ncess_(GC)

I suggest you check the wiki whenever you have a new game that you want to play on dolphin. I tried to put as much of the important stuff in this thread as possible into the wiki for tp when I made it (amazing how 45 pages amounts to such a short entry).

Thanks for all ansewer guys
I'd suggest xtreme compile 5430 for playing Zelda, I've completed the game with no side effect from hyrule speed up patch. Big Grin
(05-15-2010, 02:27 PM)naoan Wrote: [ -> ]I'd suggest xtreme compile 5430 for playing Zelda, I've completed the game with no side effect from hyrule speed up patch. Big Grin

But the (cutscene) music still doesn't work 100% with that rev, right?
The music cutscene does play (not sure if it's 100% though) but the ending music is completely silent.
That hasn't been fixed completely yet. Doesn't matter what revision you use you'll still have the occasional audio issue.
just completed this game using dolphin 2.0 from main webpage

fps was 30 for every temple and small areas
other areas such towns like kakariko from 25-30
hyrule field a super 10 fps

and that is it, music only in some cutscenes didnt work