Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(03-29-2011, 01:15 PM)jpcoelho Wrote: [ -> ]I was getting a crash every time I tried to howl at a howling stone and in the end I lost my save data and when I try to save it says that there is something else in the A slot that isn't a memory card.All I have of my save is a save state but it has no sound.
Disabling dual core fixes the howling stones for me. Since it also causes a significant speed penalty, only use it for the short time you need to for the stones.

Have you deleted every previous version of Dolphin? I keep my old copies of Dolphin, as well as the old memory card files.

Quote:Disabling dual core fixes the howling stones for me. Since it also causes a significant speed penalty, only use it for the short time you need to for the stones.

It's a coincidence, it will randomly work regardless of settings sometimes. I have seen at least 10 different people claim they fixed it with different settings in this thread alone. Some even claimed they fixed it by changing the graphics plugin.
(03-30-2011, 06:43 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]It's a coincidence, it will randomly work regardless of settings sometimes.
It's a very effective coincidence, then, because it has worked every time for me, which is at least ten times in one-and-a-half playthroughs. Yet every time I go to a stone with dual-core enabled, it crashes.
It might help, but it won't completely fix it. Read page 133 for one such example of what I was talking about earlier.
Idea
(03-30-2011, 07:10 AM)DrDnar Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-30-2011, 06:43 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]It's a coincidence, it will randomly work regardless of settings sometimes.
It's a very effective coincidence, then, because it has worked every time for me, which is at least ten times in one-and-a-half playthroughs. Yet every time I go to a stone with dual-core enabled, it crashes.

The same thing was happening to me until (using the latest revisions). Then I switched to the recommended revision from the first post and it went away.
hello,

On linux 64, i have compilation error after 30 hours of game, in last svn an some other. I search for best version....

thx
(03-31-2011, 05:11 AM)karnajh Wrote: [ -> ]On linux 64, i have compilation error after 30 hours of game, in last svn an some other. I search for best version....
What are you doing when it crashes? You're not using save states, are you? Save and reboot.
Is it during a cut scene? Press Start to skip the cut scene. Or, use DSP LLE.
Is it during howling? Use DSP LLE.
(03-31-2011, 11:26 AM)DrDnar Wrote: [ -> ]
(03-31-2011, 05:11 AM)karnajh Wrote: [ -> ]On linux 64, i have compilation error after 30 hours of game, in last svn an some other. I search for best version....
What are you doing when it crashes? You're not using save states, are you? Save and reboot.
Is it during a cut scene? Press Start to skip the cut scene. Or, use DSP LLE.
Is it during howling? Use DSP LLE.

Hello,

Not save state used at this time, after crash sometime i kill -HUP X but no reboot for a game.

i have installed R 6904 and it s work.

Yes the crash if in cut scene, after see zelda with midona after abyssal level.

I have read R 6505 is a stable release, i go to this.

I don't forget is not a gamecube, is a emulator and can have some problems.

Thx

jpcoelho

I want to start using R 6505 but I tried putting MemoryCardA.JAP in the GC folder and always get the message that is corrupted, by the way I can't seem to use the mmemory card data with any other revision, am I doing something wrong?
The cut scene with Zelda and Midna after the lake-bed temple will crash when it cuts to Hyrule field. DSP LLE fixes it, but you can simply skip the cut scene by pressing Start.