Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(08-03-2011, 04:57 PM)gaiachaos Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-03-2011, 12:06 PM)SoulSin Wrote: [ -> ]What sun rays?

Being playing for a while now. Besides some problems with the music, gameplay looks perfect.

Umm...the light rays are missing in the game. It has something to do with the archaic DX9 plugin. DX11 works fine, though --- but you need a recent video card model to use DX11.

But the sun rays used to display fine with DX9... I wonder what broke them in 3.0...
(08-03-2011, 04:57 PM)gaiachaos Wrote: [ -> ]Umm...the light rays are missing in the game. It has something to do with the archaic DX9 plugin. DX11 works fine, though --- but you need a recent video card model to use DX11.

How exactly is the D3D9 backend "archaic"? And since when do we need "a recent video card model to use" D3D11? ...

jbelfs

I'm using Dolphin 3.0 on a Macbook Pro with Intel Core i5 with GeForce GT 330M and for some reason, the characters in Twilight Princess' faces are getting distorted and the lighting is off. I've attached a picture of links face below. Is there any way to fix this or is this natural? I know it looks a lot better on GC.
(08-04-2011, 09:27 AM)jbelfs Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Dolphin 3.0 on a Macbook Pro with Intel Core i5 with GeForce GT 330M and for some reason, the characters in Twilight Princess' faces are getting distorted and the lighting is off. I've attached a picture of links face below. Is there any way to fix this or is this natural? I know it looks a lot better on GC.
If you're using Snow Leopard, update to Lion. That will fix it.
I have the Hyrule Field Slowdown problem... Now that I've visited every part of Hyrule Field the game runs at 19FPS there, making it unplayable.
I'm playing with the latest version of dolphin (7689) and my specs are:
i7 740
ati 5870
6gb ram 1333

Any help would be useful as I have no idea what to do.
(08-05-2011, 01:34 AM)zeta16 Wrote: [ -> ]I have the Hyrule Field Slowdown problem... Now that I've visited every part of Hyrule Field the game runs at 19FPS there, making it unplayable.
I'm playing with the latest version of dolphin (7689) and my specs are:
i7 740
ati 5870
6gb ram 1333

Any help would be useful as I have no idea what to do.

Unfortunately there is nothing to do the farther you are in the game the slower it is btw 19 fps it isn't that bad
(08-05-2011, 01:55 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately there is nothing to do the farther you are in the game the slower it is btw 19 fps it isn't that bad

Are you sure completely sure?? Becasue I saw a couple of vids in youtube of some guys that can play a 100% all the time... also in the wiki says that the game runs in between 25 and 30 fps with the latest versions of the emulator. So I'm doing something wrong or they're a bunch of liars.
(08-05-2011, 02:02 AM)zeta16 Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-05-2011, 01:55 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Unfortunately there is nothing to do the farther you are in the game the slower it is btw 19 fps it isn't that bad

Are you sure completely sure?? Becasue I saw a couple of vids in youtube of some guys that can play a 100% all the time... also in the wiki says that the game runs in between 25 and 30 fps with the latest versions of the emulator. So I'm doing something wrong or they're a bunch of liars.

Can you give your settings?

jbelfs

(08-04-2011, 01:03 PM)vbetts Wrote: [ -> ]
(08-04-2011, 09:27 AM)jbelfs Wrote: [ -> ]I'm using Dolphin 3.0 on a Macbook Pro with Intel Core i5 with GeForce GT 330M and for some reason, the characters in Twilight Princess' faces are getting distorted and the lighting is off. I've attached a picture of links face below. Is there any way to fix this or is this natural? I know it looks a lot better on GC.
If you're using Snow Leopard, update to Lion. That will fix it.

I updated to Lion but no change. Is there any other solution you can think of? A certain build of dolphin or graphics settings?
(08-05-2011, 02:08 AM)LordVador Wrote: [ -> ]Can you give your settings?

There you go...

Settings

Also... in graphincs/advanced everything is unchecked.
And I also tried with the lowest res and without Anti-Aliasing but is exactly the same, so I guess it has to be some problem with the emulation.