Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Quote:I'm wondering what you mean when you say that early 5000 run this game faster... As far as I know, those revisions don't include the speed hack

Yes hyrule field and faron woods will be slower without the speed hack but everywhere else will be faster in early 5000 builds like 5186. I'm not sure if you can apply the speedup patch to revisions that old though (it probably wouldn't work without some serious recoding).
(01-12-2011, 05:02 AM)NeoBrain Wrote: [ -> ]darzgl: you know, recent revisions have had some greate optimizations...

gerber000: Just use the latest revs and never listen to anyone advising you sth else. Only TRY older revs if speed isn't good enough for you, but don't expect miracles.

fwiw, latest revisions are faster for me than anything before, go figure..

Optimization =/= Efficient
So if I optimize one area and totally break and/or slowdown another is it still more efficient? Newer builds are not always better optimized globally. The texture decoders may be better now but the fifo system is much worse.
i have the problem that i can't listen to the stone in foron woods (that one with the tri force). the game freezes everytime. i tried to uncheck mmu etc. with no success.
i use now r6819. is there any fix for this. as far as i have seen i'm not alone with this problem.
This was recently talked about so I would look through the last 10 pages of this thread to see what fixed it for other people if I were you. Also try enabling both MMU emulation and MMU speed hack until you get past it. Try turning audio throttle on/off (the opposite of whatever you had it on before).
(01-13-2011, 09:41 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]This was recently talked about so I would look through the last 10 pages of this thread to see what fixed it for other people if I were you. Also try enabling both MMU emulation and MMU speed hack until you get past it. Try turning audio throttle on/off (the opposite of whatever you had it on before).

Actually, I just tried it as well with MMU emulation and speed hack, neither of them and twice with only one of the checked, and it crashed all four times (for different reasons). Might be the new revision.

Anyway, check the "All Hidden Skills" option in the cheats menu and you won't need to worry about this until later. Ignore the rock.
It's not the revision. All revisions have this problem.
(12-26-2010, 05:19 AM)Daveee Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there i have a problem when playing TP, right after you have brought midna to zelda and midna get healed. Right after you leave the castle the game crashed with the error code: ERROR: Trying to compile at 9.LR=802f6aa8. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Screen:
[Image: zeldatwilight.th.jpg]
Hello everyone,

I have the exact same problem as this person has. My settings:

copy to ram
safe texture cache to fast.
mmu activated

Is there a fix for this?
i got this too and after a few tryouts i skipped the cutscene.

@TheSecondOne:
i ticket on "All Hidden Skills" but it doesn't work for me. i activated the cheat by clicking right in gamelist and launching the game. i also tried to use the cheat while playing via cheat manager.
do i something wrong? or does the cheat not work? so how can i open the door?
(01-14-2011, 12:54 AM)roytheone Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-26-2010, 05:19 AM)Daveee Wrote: [ -> ]Hello there i have a problem when playing TP, right after you have brought midna to zelda and midna get healed. Right after you leave the castle the game crashed with the error code: ERROR: Trying to compile at 9.LR=802f6aa8. Anyone knows how to fix this?

Screen:
[Image: zeldatwilight.th.jpg]
Hello everyone,

I have the exact same problem as this person has. My settings:

copy to ram
safe texture cache to fast.
mmu activated

Is there a fix for this?

nevermind, i got past this part of the game by using the directx11 plugin. The screen was glitched badly, but i could get past this part and save my game.