Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Just FYI,

I just upgraded to lion and sure enough it's the same old story, with OS X.
More bells and whistles, with overall slower performance.
Now not only does Twilight run with muddy graphics but runs at 8 FPS.

Whoever thought Lion was an upgrade is a victim of marketing.

Apple hits another home run.

MrPiipe

I have a problem now, my game crashed when I was in the zora's domain and now every time I try to play it just crashes dolphin. Any help?
Thanks
Quote:9600M GT ATI Raedon 512 VRAM

The 9600m is an nvidia geforce gpu, not an ati radeon gpu.

Quote:Just FYI,

Settings?
Revision?

If all else fails you can always run windows through bootcamp or install linux on a second partition.

The issues you are describing could be caused by bad drivers, incorrect settings, or in the case of the performance issues, overheating. But you haven't given us any information other than your specs. so we can't diagnose the problem.

Quote:so if i buy a GPU like Nvidia GTX460 or GT440 M,then i gonna to be ready to play ZTP at full speed and in Full HD.

We don't know. You haven't given us any information at all.

Quote:EDIT: can i connect the Nvidia card on a laptop via USB port or HDMI or VGA?

No. You will need a new laptop.
(01-01-2012, 12:35 PM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote:9600M GT ATI Raedon 512 VRAM

The 9600m is an nvidia geforce gpu, not an ati radeon gpu.

Quote:Just FYI,

Settings?
Revision?

If all else fails you can always run windows through bootcamp or install linux on a second partition.

The issues you are describing could be caused by bad drivers, incorrect settings, or in the case of the performance issues, overheating. But you haven't given us any information other than your specs. so we can't diagnose the problem.

Quote:so if i buy a GPU like Nvidia GTX460 or GT440 M,then i gonna to be ready to play ZTP at full speed and in Full HD.

We don't know. You haven't given us any information at all.

Hardware:
MacBook Pro 2.8 Ghz core 2 duo
9600M GT GeForce 512 VRAM
4 GB Ram

I'm not sure if i've just banged on this computer too much or what. Actually Lion does seem to be giving somewhat better graphics in games like Starcraft. I actually however have noticed a decrease in performance in dolphin with lion. Twilight is all I have to test it with though...

The main problem is muddy graphics (everything looks like it has been covered in brown mud just like this picture this other guy posted:

[Image: Screen%20shot%202011-07-20%20at%209.00.39%20AM.png]

...and my frame rate is around 20 fps at best. (that is not my picture by the way, I have far lower resolution). Also the music is either super slow, or totally not synced with the game. For example the werewolf cry in the beginning will sound long before the wolf is actually shown in the animation.

Frankly I have no idea how to set this up.

So I just tried to set it up like the suggestion at the beginning of the thread, this is my setup now:

Enable duel core
Enable idle skipping
JIT Recomplier
Use Panic Handlers
DSP HLE Emulation
Enable DTK Music
Skip BIOS
Aspect Ratio 4:3
Open GL
640 X 480
Show FPS
Hide Mouse Cursor
Auto Adjust Window Size
Internal Resolution: 1X Native 640 X 528
No Anti-Aliasing
1x Anisotropic Filtering
no post processing effect
Scaled EFB Copy enabled
EFB copies not disabled - RAM - Enable Cache
Texture Cache in middle
External Frame buffer not disabled : Real

Everything else left unchecked

Just a question: How do you switch the Dolphin Wii emulator between 480i and 480p like you can with the real hardware?

Thanks for any assistance.
Quote:Just a question: How do you switch the Dolphin Wii emulator between 480i and 480p like you can with the real hardware?

You can't. Most PC monitors only input progressive signals. Your video card outputs a progressive signal when running dolphin just like every other application. Dolphin has a progressive scan option in the advanced tab of the graphics settings but this doesn't actually change the output, just the way that the screen space images are rendered, and most games aren't affected by it anyways.

As for your problem, it looks like a driver issue. The only way to fix it is to run the windows builds of dolphin by running windows through bootcamp. Also I would not use the word "muddy" to describe your problem, muddy = blurry. Your problem could be described as incorrect lighting.
Cool, thanks for your help
@Natural Violence
actually i can play ztp at ~24FPS in hyrule field with ztp hack enabled and Direct3D9; internal resolution:2xnative and,no anti alliasing,full screen resolution:1280*720,
and other settings are from the wiki,also i'm using the 3.0-305 build,
finally i want to know if by using the GT440M or the GTX460 i'll can run the game at full speed and in full HD.
gpu-z for GT440M: http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/majkel/...puzdef.png
for the GTX460 : http://www.ozone3d.net/public/jegx/20100...0_gpuz.jpg
and thanks
Alright, so I just finished Wind Waker and I am moving on to Twilight Princess. Would it be best to alter any of the settings before diving in? My Wind Waker settings ran great but that might not be the case for ZTW. I read on a ZTP wiki that OpenGL runs faster than Direct3d.

(Current Settings)
[Image: Settings.jpg]

My Computer Specs are:
Asus P8P67 Pro
Intel Core i5-2500K @ 4.5
XFX Radeon HD 6850 1GB
G.SKILL Sniper Series 8GB (2 x 4GB) DDR3 1600
2x Samsung SpinPoint F3 1TB in RAID 0
Quote: I read on a ZTP wiki that OpenGL runs faster than Direct3d.

Looks like I have something to fix then, d3d9 runs much faster for most users.

Widescreen hack will give you problems in this game in any area that contains water. I strongly suggest that you turn it off. The rest of your settings look fine.

Quote:@Natural Violence
actually i can play ztp at ~24FPS in hyrule field with ztp hack enabled and Direct3D9; internal resolution:2xnative and,no anti alliasing,full screen resolution:1280*720,
and other settings are from the wiki,also i'm using the 3.0-305 build,
finally i want to know if by using the GT440M or the GTX460 i'll can run the game at full speed and in full HD.
gpu-z for GT440M: http://pclab.pl/zdjecia/artykuly/majkel/...puzdef.png
for the GTX460 : http://www.ozone3d.net/public/jegx/20100...0_gpuz.jpg
and thanks

1. As you've already seen hyrule field and some other large areas won't run at fullspeed with your cpu.
2. The GT440M is a mobile gpu, the GTX 460 is a desktop graphics card.
3. The specs you linked to are for the desktop GT 440
4. Even if those were mobility GPUs you wouldn't be able to swap them out with your current GPU since you're using a laptop with an ati gpu that is probably soldered to the board

I'm almost positive that you can't upgrade your gpu, if you tell me what laptop you have I can make sure.

(01-05-2012, 06:01 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Quote: I read on a ZTP wiki that OpenGL runs faster than Direct3d.

Looks like I have something to fix then, d3d9 runs much faster for most users.

Widescreen hack will give you problems in this game in any area that contains water. I strongly suggest that you turn it off. The rest of your settings look fine.

Thanks for the reply. One more thing, I posted this question in another thread but it got no hits. Is there any benefit in getting the Wii Version vs the GC Version? I would be using an Xbox controller either way. I was just thinking that maybe the Wii one had better graphics or maybe had other advantages