Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
(09-17-2010, 02:47 PM)Nirth Wrote: [ -> ]Ah, the game is locked to 30FPS? That explains it but I'm still curious..by definition which would be better 60FPS with FPS for limiting or without and 30FPS? I get the same effect though, 30FPS/60VPS/100% speed.

Unchecking FPS for limiting = VPS
Checking FPS for limiting = FPS

60 VPS = 30 FPS So, yeh, they are identical.

Quote:I always EFB scale to auto fractional because someone in some post here said that was best.

As I said, it depends on your resolution. I think fractional is a standard for any resolution (the only drawback is some graphical glitches can occur). Integral is resolution-specific, but graphical glitch is non-existent. You're playing the GC version, so I think if you want to use auto integral, the resolution must be 1280x960. Otherwise, stick with auto fractional.

Quote:About the blurry graphics, is this due to being GameCube version or is that just because how the game is?

It should not be blurry. What is the resolution? That might have something to do with it.
I play at 800x600 Window mode when I'm trying out new options and finally to play at 1680x1050 Fullscreen. I use AA if I can, in ZTP I can.
(09-17-2010, 04:03 PM)Nirth Wrote: [ -> ]I play at 800x600 Window mode when I'm trying out new options and finally to play at 1680x1050 Fullscreen. I use AA if I can, in ZTP I can.

Yeh, that's one problem, though I don't know if that will fix the blurriness. You need to set the resolution at 4:3 aspect ratio. Something like 1400x1050. Then from the Dolphin main menu, select graphics settings --> look for aspect ratio --> force 4:3. Enable CPU -> EFB access. For EFB hacks (under enhancement tab), enable the EFB scaled copy. I don't know what else can possibly go wrong...
Quote:I think fractional is a standard for any resolution (the only drawback is some graphical glitches can occur). Integral is resolution-specific, but graphical glitch is non-existent. You're playing the GC version, so I think if you want to use auto integral, the resolution must be 1280x960. Otherwise, stick with auto fractional.

Only difference between integral and fractional is integral has to use integers for the scale (1, 2, 3) while fractional uses fractions, allowing it to use a very specific scale like 1.567354 for example. I recommend fractional since it gives you a perfect scale at any resolution and I have yet to see it cause any problems with any games. Like you said integral should only be used when your using 640 x 480 (1x), 1280 x 960 (2x), or 1920 x 1440 (3x).

@Nirth

As long as your fullscreen resolution is the same as your screen resolution, you have the aspect ratio set to auto, efb scaled copy is enabled (in the enhancements tab of the graphics plugin), and your efb scale is set to either auto or 3x you should not be experiencing any "blurriness"

Quote:r6204 64-bit, mamarios build. I use DX9 along with dual core, idle skipping, framelimit60 (tried different settings), safe texture cache fast (tried different and off, on), EFB scale fractional & EFB to CPU (tried off, on), 16xAF (never had an issue with this), EFB Copy to texture, disable fog and enable mipmaps. These seem to be the best settings all around for me but enable or disable one depending on game. Oh and ZTP hack (no bloom hack though) but I tried with on and off.

I know you have already turned off safe texture cache but to add to that I would also uncheck use native mipmaps, uncheck use native mipmaps (will give you a small speedup and it isn't needed), uncheck cpu efb access (it isn't needed), and use efb to ram (it will give you a proper map) for this game.
Doesn't this forum have any mods that actually log on every once and awhile (other than daco who stays in delfino plaza)?

Edit: Thank you.

Smurre

need some help here i just got this thing started but i get slowdowns in the bigger places, how can i get rid of the or atleast speed it up abit?

also the sound seems abit weird?

would look for it but theres alot of pages here
1. What revision are you using?

2. What settings are you using?

3. What are your system specs?

Smurre

1. uhm no idea?

2. im using the settings on the first page here

3. i3 330M
4gb ram
hd 5650 (mobility)

The sound still has problems but it's a lot better on newer builds. If by "bigger places" you are referring to hyrule field then that is a problem that has been fixed in recent builds (performance is a lot better but still not perfect without a very high end desktop). I'm guessing your using dolphin 2.0 right now. I recommend you update to a new build, I'll link some places where you can find new builds compiled by various people:

http://www.xtemu.com/forum/files/categor...vn-builds/

http://www.dolphin-emu.org/download.html

http://electrodexs.net/dolphin-emu/default.htm
i dont know if anyones still checking this thread but how do i map settings for the 'shake' function to preform the spin attack using the keyboard / mouse ? ive mapped both the wii and nunchuck 'shake' buttons to keys but pressing them in combination with attacks doesnt seem to do anything. is there a way to set this up? im using svn r6109 and everything else works perfectly. i also tried to use the roll buttons but all they seem to do is swing side to side pressing them. so how do i make it shake and preform the spin attack?