Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
3.0 is really old now and 4.0 is right around the corner, so I'm not holding onto 3.0 bugs like I used to. If it was fixed in 3.0-300 or something, I'm fine with tossing it. On that note, I disagree on the scaled EFB copies one; it was fixed before 3.0 and on by default. But you're right about the fast mipmaps problem, the option was only recently purged and was default.

Also, I can't find much on the discolored map. When was it fixed?

As for the "dark characters" thing, it doesn't seem to actually involve lighting, so I just went something generic.
It doesn't matter if it's old, it's still the current official/stable build.

Quote:Also, I can't find much on the discolored map. When was it fixed?

Definitely after 3.0

Quote:As for the "dark characters" thing, it doesn't seem to actually involve lighting, so I just went something generic.

*facepalm*

How on earth does that not look like a lighting bug to you?
Notice how the eyes are "cut out" in the picture with a perfect rectangle, and it goes beyond the eyes and lights some of the face properly? And how Link's hands are lit properly as well? Something more than just lighting is going on here. I suspect an EFB issue. Besides, it's not like a changed it to something radical here, I just made it a little more generic. Sheesh.

SxDsX

Hey guys I'm having this crash/glitch or whatever you call it
So.. umm.. I'm getting reliable speed though I'm mostly getting 20-30 fps in all areas even hyrule field, I don't know if its gonna be slower once I unlock most of it. ZTP hack is on also
Every time I try to listen to this stone in the goron path place or whatever, the game unexpectedly crashes well... It's not actually "unexpected" anymore lol
anyway I was just wondering if I can get rid of this glitch/crash or whatever you call it
I'm on the official release of dolphin which seems to be the best one to use saying that when i was 3.0.7xx its runs slower

My specs are:
Windows 7 x64 SP1
Intel i5 2300 @ 2.8 Ghz (sorry I typed it wrong when i signed up lol Tongue)
Intel HD Graphics (idk whats the model number cause thats all it says)
6.00 RAM

I know the i5 isn't really a powerful CPU but who gives a ruppee!! I can play it in a reliable speed xP
This is a known problem, try using LLE audio
Hi everyone.

I noticed that the latest version of dolphin has perfect music in HLE, and that's pretty awesome.

Now, I loaded up a 100% save and explored some areas and everything works perfectly, other than Hyrule Field.

I know it's a known problem, but I also heard that the ZTP hack fixes it, however, it still runs very slow for me even with the hack activated. I get full speed everywhere except in Hyrule Field where I get 20FPS tops, which is basically slow motion.

Is there some other hack or tweak I can try to speed it up some more so that it's more playable?

My processor is a Q9550 overclocked to 3.5Ghz, graphics card is GTX560Ti 448. Since it's related to the minimap, is there some hack I could use to get rid of the map altogether? It's not like it works, even if I put EFB Copies to RAM it's still messed up and useless so I'd rather get rid of it if it would make the game run perfectly all the time.

I already looked through the thread but couldn't find anything other than the usual enable ZTP hack and yadayada, so if there is some other tweak please link me to it.
No. You're not going to be able to get fullspeed in that area with that cpu.
(09-01-2012, 01:15 AM)herpderpus Wrote: [ -> ]Hi everyone.

I noticed that the latest version of dolphin has perfect music in HLE, and that's pretty awesome.

Now, I loaded up a 100% save and explored some areas and everything works perfectly, other than Hyrule Field.

I know it's a known problem, but I also heard that the ZTP hack fixes it, however, it still runs very slow for me even with the hack activated. I get full speed everywhere except in Hyrule Field where I get 20FPS tops, which is basically slow motion.

Is there some other hack or tweak I can try to speed it up some more so that it's more playable?

My processor is a Q9550 overclocked to 3.5Ghz, graphics card is GTX560Ti 448. Since it's related to the minimap, is there some hack I could use to get rid of the map altogether? It's not like it works, even if I put EFB Copies to RAM it's still messed up and useless so I'd rather get rid of it if it would make the game run perfectly all the time.

I already looked through the thread but couldn't find anything other than the usual enable ZTP hack and yadayada, so if there is some other tweak please link me to it.

Use older dolphin revision ( pre-3.0 ) like r7719 for example.
There is 5 fps difference in hyrule field between 7719 and 3.0
Add another 2 fps difference if you are using latest build.
This would mean that instead of 20 fps you could get 27 fps and thats huge difference.
Dolphin has been getting slower and slower and I am not sure its worth it.
I have yet to find one game which doesnt work properly on r7719
Global Forum Rules Wrote:Old Dolphin builds: People are free to use any build that they like, but we do not recommend the use of builds older than the latest official release. Older builds have missing features and issues with games that would be fixed by using the latest official release or the current Git master builds. We ask that you please refrain from recommending old builds to forum users since they are not supported on the forums.
(09-01-2012, 04:23 AM)NaturalViolence Wrote: [ -> ]
Global Forum Rules Wrote:Old Dolphin builds: People are free to use any build that they like, but we do not recommend the use of builds older than the latest official release. Older builds have missing features and issues with games that would be fixed by using the latest official release or the current Git master builds. We ask that you please refrain from recommending old builds to forum users since they are not supported on the forums.

Ok didnt know about that rule,but I think it needs to be changed.
I dont know when that rule was written ( probably ages ago ) but situation has changed since release of 3.0 dolphin has gotten significantly slower,while most games worked properly before changes which made dolphin slower.
So I guess if a user wants to play a game and cant in latest revision because its slow,but could play it just fine in a little older revision,it doesnt make sense not to mention it to him