Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
Scratch my pity comment earlier.
Just finished the game to see the ending and the sound was f***ing epic in the cinematics.
De-syncing and looping issues are perfectly normal with HLE on games that use zelda ucodes. AFC ucodes are the only ucodes that I know of that are perfectly or nearly perfectly emulated with HLE. However these issues should not be present in LLE.
(05-12-2011, 08:42 PM)Maverick Hunter X Wrote: [ -> ]I just played the game on 7533 now but I'm not sure if noticed this kind of delay?
Only thing to do is to take out the GameCube from the closet and try this on the real hardware to find out for sure.

In full speed, it is 1 frame off. I played DKCR and same thing happens. You'll certainly notice it even more when certain games (including DKCR) depend on audio to activate events. And I'm just talking about the sound effects. Music is fine.

(05-13-2011, 07:21 AM)gaiachaos Wrote: [ -> ]
(05-12-2011, 08:42 PM)Maverick Hunter X Wrote: [ -> ]I just played the game on 7533 now but I'm not sure if noticed this kind of delay?
Only thing to do is to take out the GameCube from the closet and try this on the real hardware to find out for sure.

In full speed, it is 1 frame off. I played DKCR and same thing happens. You'll certainly notice it even more when certain games (including DKCR) depend on audio to activate events. And I'm just talking about the sound effects. Music is fine.

Yes yes I see, anyway the old Cube got hooked up last night and I compared the sound effects (not music) and to tell you I think I finally noticed this thing you're talking about.
But I wouldn't have noticed it if I didn't had hooked up the real hardware because my mind tells me it looks and sounds alright.

Well what do you know, I guess there still is something to learn still.
But this game is perfect for me anyway so I won't even notice it after awhile because of how epic this game is.

EDIT: 7540 made this game a little better speed wise, I noticed that I had gained a few FPS in Hyrule Field and was sometimes up in full-speed.
Overall I felt it played smoother.
Looks like Nolan's rewrite has eliminated the need for EFB -> Ram to get the mini-map functioning. As another bonus, it's hi-res, too.
however it still performs around the same as if efb-ram was enabled.
Do you mean in comparison to the trunk with EFB -> RAM enabled?

I gain about 7-8 FPS by disabling EFB->RAM on Nolan's builds. Even though his branch is slower than the trunk, Twilight Princess is still playable.

Well, I have performance increases everywhere but Hyrule Field.
Got the dump files, thanks guys...

Shoud I use the DSP LLE Recompiler or the Interpreter (slow) to get the souds working properly?
Any differences between these options?

Thanks again!
If I just HAD to guess, I'd say the interpreter could possibly be slower. Maybe.
(05-14-2011, 03:45 AM)inyue Wrote: [ -> ]Got the dump files, thanks guys...

Shoud I use the DSP LLE Recompiler or the Interpreter (slow) to get the souds working properly?
Any differences between these options?

Thanks again!

Recompiler should work fine.