Dolphin, the GameCube and Wii emulator - Forums

Full Version: [GC] The Legend of Zelda: Twilight Princess
You're currently viewing a stripped down version of our content. View the full version with proper formatting.
I agree with you. And it's like that for all games series in the world. They are always complaining but they are always playing them

SordidSimpleton

Hello.

I am using the newest release of Dolphin (r6544) and I have two problems:

The game hangs at howling stones (I see some of you have had the same problem, any solutions?). It's like a 20 to 1 chance it won't hang, so every time I need to howl it's save state, try to howl, fail, close game, reopen game, load state, try to howl...

and

More often than not, it won't accept the shortcut to save state (shift+Fx), and then i have to switch between the main window and the render window before it accepts the shortcut again. (I tried rendering to main window, but the game runs choppy. Also it doesn't fix the howling problem.)

Any fixes? Or is there maybe some older release that works better than r6544?

And also, I want to thank you all for working on these problems, I've been reading this forum for the past few days now and it's really helped!

buth007

What better setting for me to play Zelda with 30FPS in Hyrule?

I'm having slowdown .. time does not follow the forum so I was a bit outdated

Thanks
(12-12-2010, 01:14 AM)buth007 Wrote: [ -> ]What better setting for me to play Zelda with 30FPS in Hyrule?

Thanks

Upgrade to a $1000 Core i7-980X or wait for a fix Smile

Getting 30fps in Hyrule Field is impossible during the later parts of the game (after you get all four fused shadow parts), even with the speed hack.
hello, I have two concerns, already one, I was his oar DEFOIS 17/25 fps and has often turned its 30fps. aax0'm set at 1920x1080. Can I have a double image effect like Donkey Kong return. I have yet activated the hack bloom
My config
ssd 160go
Intel CoreI5 oc a 4GHZ
4go ram
HD 5850 SOC
(12-12-2010, 05:40 AM)kirbypuff Wrote: [ -> ]
(12-12-2010, 01:14 AM)buth007 Wrote: [ -> ]What better setting for me to play Zelda with 30FPS in Hyrule?

Thanks

Upgrade to a $1000 Core i7-980X or wait for a fix Smile

Getting 30fps in Hyrule Field is impossible during the later parts of the game (after you get all four fused shadow parts), even with the speed hack.

Even 980x is not able to cope with that... Rent a NASA Supercomputer Wink

Dapimp

Does anyone else get an error when trying to use the howling stones?
(12-14-2010, 03:04 AM)Dapimp Wrote: [ -> ]Does anyone else get an error when trying to use the howling stones?

It's quite hard to tell you what you're doing wrong; just tell me what your config is.
just to add something to the previous comment, I've experienced the exact same thing when interacting with the howling stone near death mountain, it doesn't happen all the time though, I'm gonna check out the config to figure out what happens. Sad
Quote:Even 980x is not able to cope with that... Rent a NASA Supercomputer Wink

That is incorrect. An overclocked i3/i5/i7 can run hyrule field at fullspeed late game if the speed hack is used. In old revisions it can even do it without the speed hack. I have seen it personally when I was working with jads on a benchmarking project a few months ago.

Quote:The game hangs at howling stones (I see some of you have had the same problem, any solutions?). It's like a 20 to 1 chance it won't hang, so every time I need to howl it's save state, try to howl, fail, close game, reopen game, load state, try to howl...

I don't know if they were pulling it out of their a** but someone edited the wiki entry for twilight princess a few days ago saying that checking mmu speed hack in the game properties might fix it (that makes absolutely no sense to me), but it;s worth a try.

Quote:More often than not, it won't accept the shortcut to save state (shift+Fx), and then i have to switch between the main window and the render window before it accepts the shortcut again. (I tried rendering to main window, but the game runs choppy. Also it doesn't fix the howling problem.)

Don't use savestates. They have been broken and causing problems for quite some time now.

Quote:What better setting for me to play Zelda with 30FPS in Hyrule?

Right click the game in the main dolphin window and click game properties. Make sure ZTP hack is checked (not the projection hack). You still won't get fullspeed but it will help.

Quote:hello, I have two concerns, already one, I was his oar DEFOIS 17/25 fps and has often turned its 30fps. aax0'm set at 1920x1080.

That sentence makes no sense whatsoever, please rephrase it.

Quote:Can I have a double image effect like Donkey Kong return. I have yet activated the hack bloom

This problem has been around since the 4xxx builds. It still hasn't been fixed. You'll either have to sue a projection hack (not recommended) or wait for the devs to fix it.